Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Private Classifieds Feedback
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 08:13 AM   #1
notjoe
600rwhp here i come

Send a message via ICQ to notjoe
Revshot Feedback - Be wary of letting him in your engine bay

As you all know I was looking for someone to change my starter when RevShot messaged me and said he could do it.

I drive out to Niagara Falls (from Toronto) as that's where he lives in the middle of rush hour and end up getting there about an hour late. He starts working on the car and off come the fuel rails, manifold, and everything else around that general area.

So he's working on the car for hours and hours and can't seem to get one of the bolts for the starter out. We decide to cut the losses as he needs to get to work and its probably about 9-10pm now and he starts to put everything back together but its quite obvious has in a rush now as its almost time for him to go to work and chances are has going to be late.

So we get everything back together and fuel starts to spray out of the injectors all over the engine. Turns out he didn't put them in enough and didn't clip them to the right groove on the injectors. Some of the plastic injector clips near the nozzle were also broken on a couple of the injectors. He manages to get the injectors on once I inform him they're not properly clipped (after I spent time looking at his car).

This whole time Jay's dad is coming out and insinuating/pressuring jay to basically leave me high and dry to figure out the problems with my car which his son caused so his son could go to work and get there on time.

So we fire the car up and it isn't spraying fuel like some 2bit whore who just douched BUT the car idles extremely rough and stalls. He looks at me with the look on his face like "There isn't much I can do" so now i'm trying to figure out what the **** he did to my car. I figure out that he has left vacuum hoses off the intake manifold...And you know what he told me? "That's ok just keep the car above 2k RPM".... WTF? I bring my car to you with a starter problem now I got to worry about vacuum hoses and trying to keep my car running? AND you want me to drive on the highway for an hour+ like this?!

So he grabs some electrical tape and puts it over the area the vacuum lines were supposed to go into, fixed!

I take my car to Charlie (who I should have went to in the first place) and it took Charlie about 1.5 hours to replace my starter instead of 6+ hours and still not having my starter changed. Charlie pulled the tape RevShot put (which almost got sucked into my intake manifold) out and put the hoses back on right so my car ran the way it did before revshot touched it. Charlie also touched only a fraction of the engine parts that revshot did.

My Advice, take your car to Charlie or someone just as good as him who actually knows what they're doing. You'll get your car back in the same shape you gave it to them minus the problem you brought it to them for.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:52 AM   #2
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Did you pay?

Stanceiseverything.com
Old 05-05-2005, 10:16 AM   #3
notjoe
600rwhp here i come

Send a message via ICQ to notjoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW BMXer
Did you pay?
Absolutely not.

But i did throw him a spliff of some good shit since he did put in an effort
Old 05-05-2005, 01:36 PM   #4
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to RevShoT
only thing that stopped me from getting this job done was time and a single starter bolt that was too tight on the firewall for me to get at, and it would have required me to let the tranny drop down and get in that way, which i didnt not have time for.

Last edited by thinair; 05-12-2005 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:27 PM   #5
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Hmm, well Revshot, I got one thing to say to you. If you do not know how to do something don't do it. I think it's largely notjoe's fault for coming up to you in the first place. but don't touch other people's cars if you don't know how to do it otherwise you'd get in some big shit, and lawsuits,

I don't even want to know why you're putting your ass on the line for this, "Help out a max member....right. If you can do something on your car doesn't make your the master mechanic of all E36, I think you should leave these things to the pros.

BTW. thumbs up for Charlie, great guy.. I'll come back to him anytime

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
Old 05-05-2005, 02:53 PM   #6
greekthang
6th Gear Member

2 thumbs way up for Charlie. That man is incredible when it comes to repairs and super fair with price. Thats why I drive from Scarborough to Sauga to see him and completely trust him with my beast. I rarely trust mechanics and watch them like hawks. Charlie I can completely trust with my ride. Keep it up Charlie you will always have my busniess.

Last edited by thinair; 05-12-2005 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:06 PM   #7
E36er
West Coast Contact!

hey hey

i said NO dis-respect so oviously i dont want to call you an Asshole..sorry for the previous post...still was waking up..

PS im guessing your a big guy eh!?

Last edited by thinair; 05-12-2005 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:13 PM   #8
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36er
hey hey

i said NO dis-respect so oviously i dont want to call you an Asshole..sorry for the previous post...still was waking up..

PS im guessing your a big guy eh!?
Apology accepted E36er no worries. I dont and never will brag about my size. Let the other members explain me to you. Well the ones that have seen me
Old 05-05-2005, 06:16 PM   #9
vertakul
6th Gear Member

Revshot i've read good feedback about you in a ton of threads.. can't make everyone happy... that's business.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:17 PM   #10
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschon
Revshot i've read good feedback about you in a ton of threads.. can't make everyone happy... that's business.
thanx man appreciate it a lot!

soo dumb this is all over a vaccume leak that dosent even do anything but make a car chug a little
Old 05-05-2005, 07:47 PM   #11
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevShoT
soo dumb this is all over a vaccume leak that dosent even do anything but make a car chug a little
not really i think its more due to the fact that u didn't know how to get his starter out.
there is no way you need to take the intake manifold or exhaust manifold either one (first post didn't specify). Fuel rail? Injectors? damn.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:49 PM   #12
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevShoT
because he already had a LSD diff and i had an open diff he could have taken the LSD from his diff and put it in the 3:91 and BAM! for 100 bucks hes got a 3:91 LSD

thats the cheap solution i was offering

that makes sense, you should have explained it more clearly for him

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Old 05-05-2005, 08:04 PM   #13
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30
not really i think its more due to the fact that u didn't know how to get his starter out.
there is no way you need to take the intake manifold or exhaust manifold either one (first post didn't specify). Fuel rail? Injectors? damn.
no it wasnt nessicary to completly remove the fuel rail, the intake was needed cause i wasnt about to snake my hands under their to remove it, i moved the fuel rail because it makes it easier to have less things in the way to work on something like the starter, have u seen the location of an e36 starter? its a real nasty spot located directly underneath the intake and unless u got stick arms which i dont then there was no way i was snaking my arms in there to change the starter
Old 05-05-2005, 11:10 PM   #14
bimmer318ti
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to bimmer318ti
Like i said in the past - Revshot did some great service for me in the past (Installed Subframe, lowering springs all around, complete sounds system instal.. just to mention a few) He did it for a fraction of the price most places charge.

Before I went to RevShot (Jay).. I tried a number of times to get a reach of charlie AKA BimmerSport Via Pm and telephone, but I never got a reply. I know that he is a very busy person, but I wanted to work done to my car ASAP for a good price - and RevShot was the only one willing to help me out. I never looked back since. (Only draw back is.. that he lives kidda far from me )

A++ For RevShot
Old 05-05-2005, 11:21 PM   #15
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

Rev, Im sure youre capable of doing good work but dont you think it would be more appropriate to schedule work on a day when you're off work so you have the time to complete the job. Leaving someone there because you have to go elsewhere like your other job isnt much consolation for the person youre doing the work for.

Since you were committed to doing the work for someone that drove that far away, the appropriate thing in my opinion and this is what I would of done is to call in to work telling them you can't make it.

You really have to make a choice, its either you stick to your full-time job or you go into business fulltime fixing cars. You must allot the time for finishing the job, especially a customer that travelled a great distance to give you their business.

I don't think youre a bad guy but some planning is needed when you take on these projects.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: