Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-14-2002, 05:48 PM   #1
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Help on my car... (more)

Alright guys, basically what happened today was that my ignition got jammed when I was trying to start the car. Anyhow, BMW town and country is going to check with the warrenty company to see if it's valid so that the fix will be covered by the extended warrenty.

The thing i'm kind of scare now is, if they see an aftermarket intake on the car, will they (warrenty company) automatically write off the car as not being covered anymore by warrenty or that is not justifiable?

A definite answer or at least some help will do please!
Old 01-14-2002, 08:17 PM   #2
Usic
2nd Gear Member

Location: T.O. actually in a little town called King township.
The problem with aftermarket products is some dealers accept them and others don't....alot of Honda dealerships sell cold intake kits and they don't void the warranty. Dinan is recognized by BMW and their products (not even their twin turbo 850csi) will not void the warranty.

I've seen other supercharger kits that voided the warranty on rice burners. but I haven't talked to anyone who lost their warranties because of cold air intake kits.
The best thing to do is call Town and Country I think their number is 1-877-886-3100.....I think....(I'm pretty sure, I do call them often to order dealer only parts for the shop I work at) But ask for the service department and ask about the warranty conditions regarding performance bolt on products.

I wouldn't be too worried if I were you but I would call to be safe.
Usic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 10:53 PM   #3
Bliss
Administrator

I would just replace the cai with the stock one before they see it. That way you're safe.

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 11:22 PM   #4
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
hehe

Too late Bliss...
It was under an emergency situation that I had to get the car towed to TC BMW. Dam it's going to suck if the company voids the warrenty. But they can't right? Because how does having the ingition jammed because of me affect the air intake? Right? any sort of arugments I can use in case they throw a lame excuse that it was the air intake's fault (which of course isn't!)
Old 01-15-2002, 12:48 AM   #5
Bliss
Administrator

I dont think they are gonna say anything. Like you said, it has nothing to do with the ignition.

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 11:14 AM   #6
VP M3
2nd Gear Member

Aftermarket & Warranty

I hope all works out for you, as I have had issues in the past with Town & Country and aftermarket parts on my old 318is and 325is. I think that people had in mind Town & Country when they defined the word $tealer!

I now take my 98 M3 for all warranty work to Downtown BMW (any other work is done by Bavarian) and was just in the other day for new airbag sensor, new doorlock actuator, new heated seat element and squeeky brakes and they didn't say anything about my various aftermarket parts. The guy actually insinuated that I take my car to the track (with a wink) and I said "Who me?"

ECIS CAI
Braided stainless brake lines and pagid pads
HIOP strut tower brace
A-pillar Gauge Pod with M oil filter cover
Many others to follow!!

Vico
VP M3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: