Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 12:04 PM   #1
02miata
2nd Gear Member

m2 Miata Vrs 325I

I had an encouter with a 325I today.

I have a 02 Miata with the sports Pkg, 6SPD LSD and a few other mods.

I really don't know why people in BMW's feel the need to race me but it happens to me way to often. So Basically I was on the QEW heading to work and some clown a US plated 325I starts pacing me and matching my speed. I think it was cause I had my top down and he noticed the 4PT roll cage. I let him jump me a little dropped it into 5th at about 120KPH, he pulled a little then I shot back and pulled about 3 cars on him thru 5th gear I never went into 6th. I was suprised I thought those cars were much quicker. Anyone know the specs on those?

I have beaten so fat a 530I, 330CI, 325I and a old school 328I sedan. This guy gave me the finger after I beat him shame some BMW owners think they are the sh1t cause they have a high end marque. I flashed hime the the 2P1S back and got off at the next exit as I was at work.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:34 PM   #2
GEEE$
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02miata
I had an encouter with a 325I today.

I have a 02 Miata with the sports Pkg, 6SPD LSD and a few other mods.

I really don't know why people in BMW's feel the need to race me but it happens to me way to often. So Basically I was on the QEW heading to work and some clown a US plated 325I starts pacing me and matching my speed. I think it was cause I had my top down and he noticed the 4PT roll cage. I let him jump me a little dropped it into 5th at about 120KPH, he pulled a little then I shot back and pulled about 3 cars on him thru 5th gear I never went into 6th. I was suprised I thought those cars were much quicker. Anyone know the specs on those?

I have beaten so fat a 530I, 330CI, 325I and a old school 328I sedan. This guy gave me the finger after I beat him shame some BMW owners think they are the sh1t cause they have a high end marque. I flashed hime the the 2P1S back and got off at the next exit as I was at work.

You beat a 330 and 328 eh? Hmmmm....what engine mods have you done? Any big stuff like cams and tuning etc? Was this on the highway or from a standstill? I have a real hard time believing that you beat a 330, off the line or from a roll. I've driven many miatas...although great cars, especially in the handling department, they have nothing on the 3.0L, or 2.8L, and would get owned pretty badly. Even the new Mazdaspeed miata would get mauled.

G$
Old 04-20-2005, 12:39 PM   #3
02miata
2nd Gear Member

Just bolt on's.

Call B/S all you want but it is true the 330CI was from a dig! The others were highway rolls. I killed a M3 last year at FABI but that is driver.

Last edited by 02miata; 04-20-2005 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:43 PM   #4
GEEE$
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Just bolt on's.

Then they weren't all-out races. Like I said, I've driven all the cars you mentioned, and it's not even up for discussion.

G$
Old 04-20-2005, 12:46 PM   #5
02miata
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEE$
Then they weren't all-out races. Like I said, I've driven all the cars you mentioned, and it's not even up for discussion.

G$
Driver looked pretty pissed to me. But your opinion has been noted. I don't know but I do like beating BMW's in my girly car. The look on there faces is priceless. The worst part is I did not even have to downshift into 4rth for the 325 that is sad!
Old 04-20-2005, 01:01 PM   #6
GEEE$
4th Gear Member

So you're making more than 178 @ the wheels eh, at around 2400lbs?

Is a turbo your 'bolt-ons'?

G$
Old 04-20-2005, 01:12 PM   #7
02miata
2nd Gear Member

I dont have no stinking Turbo

I have a bolt on M62 S/C. I have not taken it to the dyno but it ran very low 14's.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:24 PM   #8
02miata
2nd Gear Member

http://www.focusedeffect.com/4images...p?image_id=851

there is a pic of under the hood. wet day at FABI
Old 04-20-2005, 02:11 PM   #9
GEEE$
4th Gear Member

Quote:
I dont have no stinking Turbo

I have a bolt on M62 S/C. I have not taken it to the dyno but it ran very low 14's.

So after all those posts, you finally fess up to having F/I?

Oh-brother, another one.

G$
Old 04-20-2005, 02:39 PM   #10
02miata
2nd Gear Member

So what if I have FI I said I have bolt on's and I do. Pretty simple kit actually.

I dont see the Problem Gunit$

I have read some of the other posts on this forum and I find them to amuse me. There is certain elitest attitude over here. Shame cause I really do like BMW's and would consider one for my next car but I think I will go asian again.

Last edited by 02miata; 04-20-2005 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:04 PM   #11
rico328i
5th Gear Member

02Miata

Why would it surprise you that the 325 wasn't able to keep up to a S/C Miata? Doesn't really surprise me. Like we all know....once you go FI the potential sky rockets. You should have just mentioned in your original post what upgrades you had. This would have probably prevented many people who read this thread from believing you.

Took an M3 at Fabi? Again, doesn't surprise me. At that location, driver is much more important than machine. Was it a particular corner? I'll be there on Saturday.

Tell us a little more about your car. Sounds like a quick little ride!

About the 1 finger salute. I got one of those the other day, from a fellow BMW driver. Look for my thread!!!

Being an idiot goes across all brands!! Not just BMW drivers.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:18 PM   #12
02miata
2nd Gear Member

I was pulling faster laps all day but driver is huge and I run R comps he did not.

I have 4 Piston calipers, M62 A/W intercooler, 4Pt rollbar, Bilstein H&R race, OZ superleggera's (Track only) with RA1's, ROTA C8 street Falken Azenis, Also have a set of OEM 16's with 712's on them, Stainless Steel braided brake lines, ACT HD clutch, OEM Torsen LSD, 6SPD Maunal,

The car runs low 14;s I am planning on going for 280 WHP next winter as I spent enough on the car this year.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:21 PM   #13
GEEE$
4th Gear Member

Quote:
So what if I have FI I said I have bolt on's and I do. Pretty simple kit actually.

I dont see the Problem Gunit$

I have read some of the other posts on this forum and I find them to amuse me. There is certain elitest attitude over here. Shame cause I really do like BMW's and would consider one for my next car but I think I will go asian again.

Bronson, there's no problem, but let's be realistic for a moment. Listen, everything is essentially a bolt-on. Every single item which is added to a car is a bolt-on. Unfortunately, the masses(including myself) don't see eye to eye with you in terms of forced induction as a 'bolt-on'. That's an entirely different league imo.

Trust me, most of the posts amaze/amuse me too. For the record...I really dig miatas, but that's because I know what they can do. A wonderful machine indeed.

G$
Old 04-20-2005, 03:41 PM   #14
02miata
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEE$
Bronson, there's no problem, but let's be realistic for a moment. Listen, everything is essentially a bolt-on. Every single item which is added to a car is a bolt-on. Unfortunately, the masses(including myself) don't see eye to eye with you in terms of forced induction as a 'bolt-on'. That's an entirely different league imo.

Trust me, most of the posts amaze/amuse me too. For the record...I really dig miatas, but that's because I know what they can do. A wonderful machine indeed.

G$
And ur year M is my one of my fav cars. I said bolt on's cause I was wanting a 328I to jump at the chance and I did not want let the cat out of the bag. I am hoping to nip into the 13's this year but I spend alot of time at FABI aswell. I am going to be there may27th And I still have tonnes of work.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:46 PM   #15
GEEE$
4th Gear Member

Quote:
And ur year M is my one of my fav cars. I said bolt on's cause I was wanting a 328I to jump at the chance and I did not want let the cat out of the bag. I am hoping to nip into the 13's this year but I spend alot of time at FABI aswell. I am going to be there may27th And I still have tonnes of work.

Trust me when I say I knew you were fishing for that big great white shark in your first post.

G$
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: