Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Do you believe that americans landed on the moon??
YES 10 40.00%
NO 7 28.00%
They landed on the moon???????? 3 12.00%
Where is the moon? 5 20.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2002, 07:24 PM   #16
Lil'Smoothie

i saw the special. im sure the americans lied just to beat the russians. why havent they gone back?

anyone here that dude from NSync is going to space.
Old 09-07-2002, 09:14 PM   #17
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Send a message via MSN to MP328
Quote:

anyone here that dude from NSync is going to space. [/b]
apparently not anymore. he couldn't get the money over to them or something
MP328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 09:55 PM   #18
hawai-Ian
3rd Gear Member

the guy who map it out and navigate to the moon is a GENIUS!
how'd they do that without getting lost? damn sometimes i get lost driving 2 blocks
Old 09-09-2002, 11:32 AM   #19
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
I'm 100% sure that the americans did visit the moon.
I dont think anyone could convince me otherwise and i have seen those shows trying to debunk the history books.
If they didn't where did the saturn v rockets blast off to? It couldn't have just orbited earth, the russians would have picked it up on radar for sure. I guess the capsule could have just orbited the moon to make it seem like they landed, but why just do that, if you're already there you might as well land.
i dunno guys, there's just too much evidence that they did go to make me think otherwise, but it is a nice topic to think about how they'd pull off not going.
i happened to do a whole project on the saturn v, and the trips to the moon on several occasions throughout school, so i'd be more than happy to jump in on anything mentioned here =)

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 06:05 PM   #20
SickFinga

all evidenece that NASA showed had mistakes.
djcontra, visit http://www.moonhoax.com
http://www.apollohoax.com

Last edited by SickFinga; 09-09-2002 at 06:07 PM.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 07:03 PM   #21
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

this one show why each one of those proves are wrong. i don't have the red paint to show it. anyways one line is the so called proof the didn't land the other line is this guys prove they did. use this linke u can see the red and black letters better

http://pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu/~jsco...faked/moon.htm

Quote:

My comments on the webpage will be found in red.

Jim Scotti, 2001 October 3.

Shocking : See what NASA has done (Long but worth reading)

What NASA did was to land 12 men on the moon - quite amazing!

Did man really walk on the Moon or was it the ultimate camera trick, asks David Milne?

In the early hours of May 16, 1990, after a week spent watching old video footage of man on the Moon, a thought was turning into an obsession in the mind of Ralph Rene.

Obsessions can be a bad thing if critical thinking is not part of the obsession.

"How can the flag be fluttering?" the 47 year old American kept asking himself when there's no wind on the atmosphere free Moon? That moment was to be the beginning of an incredible Space odyssey for the self- taught engineer from New Jersey.

This uncritical hoaxer apparently doesn't pay much attention to the details (unless he can contort those details into his own errant purposes). There are 3 parts to the "flag waving" on the moon. First, the flag was made to look like it was waving by the use of a rod across the top of the flag to hold it out horizontally. This was well documented at the time of the landings and is often cause of a hoaxers claims. Second, when an astronaut adjusts the flag, it will wobble around first while the astronaut is adjusting it and then for a few moments afterwards as the imparted momentum damps out. Third, the flag definitely waved in the breeze of the rocket exhaust when the LM ascent stage lifted off the moon carrying the crew back home.

He started investigating the Apollo Moon landings, scouring every NASA film, photo and report with a growing sense of wonder, until finally reaching an awesome conclusion: America had never put a man on the Moon. The giant leap for mankind was fake.

Funny how I've also "scoured" nearly every NASA film, photo and report, yet with my skeptical scientific approach, I fail to see any of the fakery that Mr. Rene claims to find. I find awe and wonder, but it is for the spectacular success and scientific discovery that Apollo brought humanity.

It is of course the conspiracy theory to end all conspiracy theories. But Rene has now put all his findings into a startling book entitled NASA Mooned America. Published by himself, it's being sold by mail order - and is a compelling read.

I wonder how much Mr. Rene sells his book for? I wouldn't waste my money on such an uncritical work.

............ there is more on the site
Old 09-09-2002, 07:20 PM   #22
sirex
King Sirex

the question we must answer before answering this question "did we go to the moon?" is "WHO THE **** CARES?!!!!"

but seriously there is evidence from both sides of this great discussion, we wont know till that satelite passes by the moon
Old 09-09-2002, 11:31 PM   #23
hawai-Ian
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sirex
the question we must answer before answering this question "did we go to the moon?" is "WHO THE **** CARES?!!!!"

but seriously there is evidence from both sides of this great discussion, we wont know till that satelite passes by the moon
is this the satellite that someone on this thread said was a japanese satellite. ha! do you think that will happen? no chance...the nasa cowboys would blow it up for fear the whole world will know that they didnt really land on the moon but rather on one of set of universal studios. *US of Emerica is BUSTED again*
Old 09-10-2002, 12:02 AM   #24
mkgino
6th Gear Member

See the strange thing to me is, if they actually did land on the moon, then how come they havent gone back since then?? I mean technology and funding has increased right?? shouldnt they be able to go their and back many times since then but they havent.........hmmmm makes you wonder.
Old 09-10-2002, 02:43 PM   #25
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
See the strange thing to me is, if they actually did land on the moon, then how come they havent gone back since then?? I mean technology and funding has increased right?? shouldnt they be able to go their and back many times since then but they havent.........hmmmm makes you wonder.
that's because they havent devised a way to go there without a cost in the billions. It took an enormous rocket to achieve the speed and velocity to reach the distance to the moon and arrive in orbit. Right now the american government is struggling just to get the shuttle off the ground half the time because of costs. Thus, they're now allowing commercialized vehicals into space (well that is whenever a 3rd party invents one in the space race that is on currently to develop a reusable spacebound vehical that can be launched for a cost in the mere millions rather than billions)

The second reason why they havent gone back is because there isn't a whole lot that we need to do there. We have enough rock samples and dust samples, as well as data and survey data...why get more? i dont think the public would like to fund a useless project on the moon =)

as far as i know there are satellites being built to find out if there is water in the polar caps of the moon (as well as mars but that's a different story) also, plans to be able to relaunch the shuttle from the I.S.S. to the moon to cut down on costs as well (As it takes less thrust while in space to reach there)

Right now NASA is destined to launch a manned mission to mars. Mars is much more promising than the moon and has more chances of being able to support life.
I believe that the mars mission is probably the 2nd most probable reason that we're not visiting the moon currently.

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Old 09-10-2002, 04:15 PM   #26
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

but how in the hell can you make fire without oxygen????????? how can there be a "breeze" if there is no oxygen? you need oxygen or air to make wind don't you? so how can this flag have been blowing in the wind? you dig?
Mr seville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 04:30 PM   #27
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr 318ti
but how in the hell can you make fire without oxygen????????? how can there be a "breeze" if there is no oxygen? you need oxygen or air to make wind don't you? so how can this flag have been blowing in the wind? you dig?
They carry oxygen with them. But they use some other kind of gas. I don't remember which one, but shuttle carries oxygen with it.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 04:44 PM   #28
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

ahh ic thanks for clearing that up.
Mr seville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 05:45 PM   #29
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Quote:
you need oxygen or air to make wind don't you? so how can this flag have been blowing in the wind? you dig?
that is one of the so called hoaxes with the flag waving. here the answer! this is from the site i posted above

Quote:
"How can the flag be fluttering?" the 47 year old American kept asking himself when there's no wind on the atmosphere free Moon?

This uncritical hoaxer apparently doesn't pay much attention to the details (unless he can contort those details into his own errant purposes). There are 3 parts to the "flag waving" on the moon. First, the flag was made to look like it was waving by the use of a rod across the top of the flag to hold it out horizontally. This was well documented at the time of the landings and is often cause of a hoaxers claims. Second, when an astronaut adjusts the flag, it will wobble around first while the astronaut is adjusting it and then for a few moments afterwards as the imparted momentum damps out. Third, the flag definitely waved in the breeze of the rocket exhaust when the LM ascent stage lifted off the moon carrying the crew back home.

Old 09-10-2002, 06:03 PM   #30
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

you need oxygen or air to make wind don't you? so how can this flag have been blowing in the wind? you dig?

Actually in the videos i didn't see the flag blowing around at all. In fact it was quite stiff almost like cardboard. It moved a bit when the astronauts adjusted it a couple times.

Originally posted by MP328
Third, the flag definitely waved in the breeze of the rocket exhaust when the LM ascent stage lifted off the moon carrying the crew back home.

When there is an explosion there is a shockwave, a force of energy, dispersed from the ignition of the thrusters and when they ignite and as one long explosion in themselves. Having no atmosphere to damper the shockwave, the small boost from the LM could have easily been enough to flutter a flag.

(sorry, too much star trek...ugh)

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Display Modes Rate This Thread