Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Sightings
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-18-2005, 02:50 AM   #1
BMWags
6th Gear Member

2 worthy of note cars, well 1 at least

spotted a new bentley continental GT in the parking lot at work today, i work at the skylon tower by the way and see all sorts of nice cars from time to time but this one by far takes the cake......i also spotted a harlequin golf

(i thought a golf painted like that was a joke when i saw someone post a pic of it somewhere in this forum!)
BMWags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 11:34 PM   #2
eh?
Slow Member

I posted the pic. It's no joke.
eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 12:55 AM   #3
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
i see the rainbow golf everyday @ bathurst st!
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 01:44 AM   #4
BMWags
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh?
I posted the pic. It's no joke.
was it an option on the golf or a limited number run? I honestly i think its hideous, reminds me of the Harlequins rugby team, but im sure its an aquired taste, or something an enthusiast would appreciate more then myself.
BMWags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 01:59 AM   #5
NIMA
3rd Gear Member

I was in Chicago recently and I think I saw over 20 Bentley GT coupe's , they look a lot better in person...........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5AC-03-38774[1].jpg (13.1 KB, 112 views)
NIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 09:59 AM   #6
eh?
Slow Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWags
was it an option on the golf or a limited number run? I honestly i think its hideous, reminds me of the Harlequins rugby team, but im sure its an aquired taste, or something an enthusiast would appreciate more then myself.
Very limited production run. I think less than 300 were produced. Each car is made from the body panels of 4 different cars. 4 complete cars are painted a single colour and the body parts are swapped to create 4 Golf Harlequins. As far as I know, they were special colours not normally available on a Golf.

The opinion of these cars varies amongst VW enthusiasts. I think most people will admit they're cool, but not very many would own and drive one.

eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 09:16 PM   #7
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh?
Very limited production run. I think less than 300 were produced. Each car is made from the body panels of 4 different cars. 4 complete cars are painted a single colour and the body parts are swapped to create 4 Golf Harlequins. As far as I know, they were special colours not normally available on a Golf.

The opinion of these cars varies amongst VW enthusiasts. I think most people will admit they're cool, but not very many would own and drive one.

There is one in brampton that I used to see all the time, something different if you want a flashy car, but it's not for me.

But the bentley is titties.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: