Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-11-2005, 01:06 PM   #16
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico328i
Nelson,

Can't remember if it was your 3rd or 4th run. But we were all watching and knew it was a hot run.....until the last couple of turns and the final YELLOW pylon!!! Think it was a 56-57s run!!!!! All you heard was Awwwwwwww!!

All in all. A very fun day out. Good to put a face on some of the members that came out. We need more next time.

MAY 1st!
Yeah, it was my 4th run, I smoked the cone around that last tight left hander into the finish gate, and then I proceeded to smush the DNF cone at the finish. That would have been a 54.9 run if I didn't hit any cones. Ah well. I can't blame the car now anyway, what the exception of my master cylinder, damn ABS coming on for no reason.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 01:12 PM   #17
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Great day, I was in the silver E46 323i. Driving that car only made me realize how great BMW tunes these suspensions right from the factory now, with the significantly better brakes (compared to my E30) and wider stock tires, I really don't think I could have gotten better times in my car, despite the pricey Ground Control suspension, etc.

Hope to see you all again in May! Sure was a lot of serious machinery out yesterday...

@stancejay
Mystikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 02:10 PM   #18
paulmon
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85eta
Ya we'll have to wait and see with the new rules this year. I ran a 55.0 (clean) in my stock 325e, except for dinan chip.
Damn, that's a pretty fast run, what tires are you running? How many prep-points is the dinan chip? These are usually not allowed in stock classes.

Paul
paulmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 03:24 PM   #19
85eta
5th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 85eta
No idea how many prep points the dinan chip is, I do know that they don't penalize HP gains as much as suspension, because hp is not as valuable in autocrosses obviously.

I had my regular all seasons on there. 205/60HR14 BFgoodrich Traction T/A's

If the Dinan chip is too much of a penalty, I will be taking it out for the next run.
85eta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 03:27 PM   #20
rico328i
5th Gear Member

nice run

85eta,

That's a nice run! Impressive. Especially with stock all seasons. Goes to show that it's not all about hp or mods! See you on May 1st. Good job.
rico328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 04:29 PM   #21
SpoolinS6
6th Gear Member

i realy suck but i think i did okay for my first time i guess wat do u guys think :S
SpoolinS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 04:48 PM   #22
rico328i
5th Gear Member

1st time.

Hey remember, it's all for fun. You did fine, in my opinion. Now with that being said - is your suspension shot? A few of us noticed that taking some of those really tight turns, your car LEANED/rolled a LOT. Does your suspension need some work you think? Is it original?

Still a great day out in our cars though. I think we all enjoyed ourselves!! The 2 friends that came with me are planning on driving their own cars next time. It's addictive. And...it'a a race against yourself. All in trying to better your personal times.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:07 PM   #23
SpoolinS6
6th Gear Member

its stock height !
the springs are original stock height !
i didnt lower it because the car isnt mines its my fathers
and i have bilsteins up front and boge's in the rear

Edit: i changed the suspention bushings all of them
my car is also 4 wheel drive so i dunno
i enjoyed it id say
SpoolinS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 06:04 PM   #24
thinair
moderationistismingly

I should post pics of Linday's E30 that Randy was racing, then you would see leaning.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
Old 04-11-2005, 06:29 PM   #25
85eta
5th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 85eta
Yes, I think M-Powered's audi, Lindsay's e30 and my e30 definitely had the most body roll out there!!
85eta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 06:56 PM   #26
thinair
moderationistismingly

you get the idea
Attached Images
File Type: jpg randy1.jpg (81.5 KB, 259 views)
File Type: jpg randy2.jpg (21.5 KB, 178 views)
Old 04-11-2005, 07:10 PM   #27
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

looked like you guys had fun. Shoot missed it when is the next one..........
Old 04-11-2005, 07:19 PM   #28
lil_red_mini
Mr. Stack

Hey all, came down there with Steve and Brad ( 85eta and 98323is ) was planning on going in the autocross, but thought I would just watch this time, wish I had entered though! Will be there for sure putting the Mini through its paces in the summer

Hopefully the red tread on my BFG Scorchers doesn't fall off half way through the track
Old 04-11-2005, 10:10 PM   #29
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Great course, awsome weather and good turn out. You guys all did spectacular, especially Steve (85eta) with a class-winning (pretty sure PAX-TIME-OF-THE-DAY) 55.0s!!! I managed a 57.3 with Lindsay's bone stock lean-machine (see pic). I even have the greasy fore-head print on the window from looking at this cone (see pic).

DON'T FORGET THE BMWCC MEETING TUES APR 12 @PFAFF NEWMARKET!

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:25 PM   #30
rico328i
5th Gear Member

entertaining

Randy's runs were so entertaining to watch and HEAR!! Here's a pic my friend took of my last run. 2nd last turn. For those that were there, this is the one where the pylons took a beating. Lucky not by me - I think/hope??? You want lean??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lean.JPG (148.0 KB, 80 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: