Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-14-2002, 11:33 AM   #1
DunDan
3rd Gear Member

Chrome Guage Rings Ideas

Ok, I just can't believe they are charging so much cash for simple pieces of cosmetic chrome metal from stores like cooksferry or mgracing (both in UK).
Which they "can get a E36 set for $59usd + shipping(from UK) normally, most place are selling $99usd + shipping "

I was thinking of some ideas for this mod as getting the chrome trim from CDN Tire (same stuff as the front grill mod) and sticking it on the panel. The trim may be TOO thick and the fact that there would be a seam.

Silver/chrome stickers?

A ring could be cut/stamped out of metal panelling (from kitchen counters) but I wouldn't know how to cut it in the exact shape.

Maybe other metal materials from Home depot such as thick wire?

comments?
Old 01-14-2002, 02:01 PM   #2
Bliss
Administrator

Something like that i would personaly spend the cash on the real deal. You dont want to fool around with stickers and/or those chrome strips from crappy tire. If it turns out like crap, you will only be wasting your money and may even look better stock than anything else. Thats just my opinion. Good Luck!

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: