Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Global MaXbimmer
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-05-2002, 07:08 PM   #46
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Quote:
Originally posted by ROB89M3
If you look in autotrader.ca this week,you'll see 2 sweet e30's 1 is a white '89 with all kinds of mods,and the other is an '88 with m-tech bodykit. I used to work with the guy who has that '88.Sweet ride!!

The white '89 has been for sale 3 times in the last 2 years.....
You know what? Before I bought my E36 318 I was really considering getting an E30. After looking at the brutal condition of most of them it really turned me off. If I found a nice one I would have bought it. I really liked Mike's red Hartge E30 318, it was a beaut, but nuff problems with that car. Most people tell me its really hard to find one in acceptable condition, and its true! No offense to anyone with an E30, but those things rust up like crazy! The ones with chrome bumpers are really not my taste, the only ones that I like are the ones with plastic black bumpers which in the end costs close to an E36 anyways.

Also Rob, its never a good idea to buy modified engines. Unless you know exactly what that person has done to it. Even so, modified engines means the car has been abused more. Almost no one modifies a car then drives like an old man.

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 07:14 PM   #47
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by empowerd
That's too bad, I was gonna let you drive my E30 when it comes out.

LOL..my ass..but man, urs is different!! so urs dont count towards my point of the e30s

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 01:02 AM   #48
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Re: Here's my $0.02

Quote:
You guys make me laugh!!

Most of you don't know me and don't really know what my car has in it (Eurostyle).

It's better that you guys STFU for a change and not respond to my Jiberish (it's only the internet ,once again) ......hahaha
I may not know YOU but i have seen the car several times and unless you are hiding NOS somewhere, the list of mods is very short! Your car is very nice and clean but if you want to post a list of the mods and HOW many of them HAVE YOU done to the car ( doing the actual work yourself!) you will get my point! From what I remember you even get other people to detail your car!!! There is nothing wrong with that, but most enthusiasts dont mind getting dirty and doing as much as they can on their cars, and thats what makes it special! I may not have a mint M3 but I have done ALL the work on my cars and know them inside out...
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 02:49 AM   #49
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally posted by empowerd
That's too bad, I was gonna let you drive my E30 when it comes out.

Did I mention somewhere that you are my best friend???
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 09:03 AM   #50
Carlo
2nd Gear Member

Re: Re: E46 Lover

Quote:
Originally posted by BMW BMXer

so ur saying ud take robs car over nothing anyday?
Yup......(E46 Lover is only 15 or something).....In fact I'd take robs car over most of those car at that show, I love his car!!!

Last edited by Carlo; 09-06-2002 at 09:51 AM.
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 01:30 PM   #51
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Re: Re: Here's my $0.02

Quote:
Originally posted by Eurostyle

I may not know YOU but i have seen the car several times and unless you are hiding NOS somewhere, the list of mods is very short! Your car is very nice and clean but if you want to post a list of the mods and HOW many of them HAVE YOU done to the car ( doing the actual work yourself!) you will get my point! From what I remember you even get other people to detail your car!!! There is nothing wrong with that, but most enthusiasts dont mind getting dirty and doing as much as they can on their cars, and thats what makes it special! I may not have a mint M3 but I have done ALL the work on my cars and know them inside out...

I totally agree

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Old 09-12-2002, 10:38 PM   #52
ROB89M3
6th Gear Member

Re: Re: Here's my $0.02

Quote:

Just because my car doesn't have a lame-ass; cheap-ass,ugly-ass,bodykit,doesn't mean I don't have any mods on the car..
If you really wanted to know all my mods,here's a list:

Engine: 2.5 bored and stroked bottom end,evo 3 crankshaft, rods, pistons, headgasket etc., 2.5L forged pistons, 11.25:1 compression, Schrick twin cams, Port + Polish head,chip,K&N panel filter,Upgraded EVO 8mm spark plug wires, painted valve cover & intake plenum (red), Fse Power boost valve (fuel regulator), oil pan baffle (helps keep oil where its needed), Supersprint exhaust (dtm tips), evo 3 head gasket, original M3 header, Lightened Flywheel, heavy duty racing clutch, short shifter.
Suspension: Ground Control coil-overs, camber plates, rear shock mounts, Bilstein Sport Shocks, Aluminum control arms, Polyurethane bushes, Sparco strut brace (front)Hartge brace (rear), Hartge Sway bars (F&R).
Wheels/Tires/Brakes: 18x8 (et23) Compomotive Mo's with 215/35 18 Yokohama Parada Tires, Upgraded 25mm 7 series brake master cylinder,Stainless steel brake lines, 12" front discs,standard rear, KFP (Golds)Carbon metallic pads.
Interior/Exterior: Isotta Shifter (color coded), Momo Steering (color coded), AC Schnitzer lookalike pedals,Original Recaro interior (black), Original M3 Floor mats (rare), Heated seats(rare), -EVO II front splitter,New front bumper cover with EVO III Undertray,(ellipsoid), ice blue light bulbs,new sunroof panel,New DTM Carbon fibre 1:1 replica mirrors.
Ice: Alpine cd, Kenwood components 5.25 front and rear

Last edited by ROB89M3; 09-12-2002 at 10:45 PM.
ROB89M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 11:21 PM   #53
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Re: Re: Re: Here's my $0.02

[quote]Originally posted by ROB89M3
[b]

Just because my car doesn't have a lame-ass; cheap-ass,ugly-ass,bodykit,doesn't mean I don't have any mods on the car..

WOW!!! Never seen so much "ASS" in one post!!! How about you moderators??!!

P.S you forgot to say how much of that have you done on your own....

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
Old 09-12-2002, 11:30 PM   #54
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Re: Re: Re: Here's my $0.02

Quote:

Engine: 2.5 bored and stroked bottom end,evo 3 crankshaft, rods, pistons, headgasket etc., 2.5L forged pistons, 11.25:1 compression, Schrick twin cams, Port + Polish head,chip,K&N panel filter,Upgraded EVO 8mm spark plug wires, painted valve cover & intake plenum (red), Fse Power boost valve (fuel regulator), oil pan baffle (helps keep oil where its needed), Supersprint exhaust (dtm tips), evo 3 head gasket, original M3 header, Lightened Flywheel, heavy duty racing clutch, short shifter.
Suspension: Ground Control coil-overs, camber plates, rear shock mounts, Bilstein Sport Shocks, Aluminum control arms, Polyurethane bushes, Sparco strut brace (front)Hartge brace (rear), Hartge Sway bars (F&R).
Wheels/Tires/Brakes: 18x8 (et23) Compomotive Mo's with 215/35 18 Yokohama Parada Tires, Upgraded 25mm 7 series brake master cylinder,Stainless steel brake lines, 12" front discs,standard rear, KFP (Golds)Carbon metallic pads.
Interior/Exterior: Isotta Shifter (color coded), Momo Steering (color coded), AC Schnitzer lookalike pedals,Original Recaro interior (black), Original M3 Floor mats (rare), Heated seats(rare), -EVO II front splitter,New front bumper cover with EVO III Undertray,(ellipsoid), ice blue light bulbs,new sunroof panel,New DTM Carbon fibre 1:1 replica mirrors.
Ice: Alpine cd, Kenwood components 5.25 front and rear
Hey Rob,

I think what Fill meant was work you did yourself.. you know with your own hands, not paying people to do it for you. I do everything myself, whatever I can possible with the tools I have. But I take pleasure in detailing the car myself.

Bryan

Old 09-12-2002, 11:33 PM   #55
ROB89M3
6th Gear Member

Work I did myself:

Installed my sunroof panel
Installed my bumper cover and undertray
Installed my stereo
Installed my mirrors

Basically thats all I would/can do.Any engine mods/Suspension mods is done by the shop.

Btw: I do detail my own car,but I had a pro do it for the car show.
ROB89M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 11:39 PM   #56
SickFinga

Re: Re: Re: Re: Here's my $0.02

Quote:
Originally posted by MTRD

Hey Rob,

I think what Fill meant was work you did yourself.. you know with your own hands, not paying people to do it for you. I do everything myself, whatever I can possible with the tools I have. But I take pleasure in detailing the car myself.

Bryan

I'm sorry Bryan, but you do not make any sense here.
most of his mods are not home made mods, and require preofessional mechanic, hoist, and shit load of instruments.
Like me and my bro installed ssk and cai on my car. Exhaust I went to the shop. It is hard to put it without the hoist.
BUt if I had any internal engine work i woudl definatelly go to someone.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:45 PM   #57
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Here's my $0.02

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga

most of his mods are not home made mods, and require preofessional mechanic, hoist, and shit load of instruments.
Like me and my bro installed ssk and cai on my car. Exhaust I went to the shop. It is hard to put it without the hoist.
I do a lot of my own painted.. I removed parts and replaced them myself, custom work done to body peices, installed bumpers, rear bumpers, spoiler, drilled holes, installed lenses, wiring, TB, intake, etc etc.. its not considered anything professional. But on the weekends I can spend 4-5 hours per day working on my car. I spend 3-4 hours waxing my car twice a month and 1.5 hours washing it once-twice a week.. is that enough time?

Anyways, thats not the point Fill was trying to make. He was saying that Rob didn't even detail his own car, aside from that, its true, he didn't even pay anyone to mod his engine. I actually do whatever I can at home with whatever I have.

Bryan

Last edited by Autotechnica; 09-12-2002 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:54 PM   #58
SickFinga

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Here's my $0.02

Quote:
Originally posted by MTRD

I do a lot of my own painted.. I removed parts and replaced them myself, custom work done to body peices, installed bumpers, rear bumpers, spoiler, drilled holes, installed lenses, wiring, TB, intake, etc etc.. its not considered anything professional. But on the weekends I can spend 4-5 hours per day working on my car. I spend 3-4 hours waxing my car twice a month and 1.5 hours washing it once-twice a week.. is that enough time?

Bryan

we were talking about mods here, no time you spend with your car. all your mode are external and can be done on your own.
I agree with you, but like I said, your and my mods are not even close to Rob's mods.
Do you think Randy put s52 engine on his own? actually maybe he did, but he has his own biz which is really helpful if you do mods. He can store his car in the big garage, and I'm not even talking about his hook-ups.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:55 PM   #59
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Here's my $0.02

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga

If you want to do something (and enjoy it) you can find a way...
Last year for the first time I did a head gasket on my friends E30...but instead of just replacing it ( 2 day job ) we did a full "i" head on "e" block swap including full exhaust, wiring harness transplant, ECU swap and all the other things needed...It took you about a mounth, working on a driveway at NIGHT under just a spot light...BUT at the end, when the fully port and pollished head was on and the engine started first crank, we were all HAPPY of THE JOB we did (17 to 21 year olds) with a Motomaster 72 piece tool kit and a set of wrenches.....

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
Old 09-12-2002, 11:57 PM   #60
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Here's my $0.02

Quote:

If you want to do something (and enjoy it) you can find a way...
Last year for the first time I did a head gasket on my friends E30...but instead of just replacing it ( 2 day job ) we did a full "i" head on "e" block swap including full exhaust, wiring harness transplant, ECU swap and all the other things needed...It took you about a mounth, working on a driveway at NIGHT under just a spot light...BUT at the end, when the fully port and pollished head was on and the engine started first crank, we were all HAPPY of THE JOB we did (17 to 21 year olds) with a Motomaster 72 piece tool kit and a set of wrenches.....
eh..let me in when u do that again....i took autoshop class, but all we r learning about is how to change oil on DOMESTIC vans! wtf! my teacher barely knows proper grammer and looks like jerard from subway commercials

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: