Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-30-2005, 11:44 AM   #1
E36 Power
DEFINE GF

lowering front end

so basically i want to drop my front end about 1.5" so even it out...i have a stock set up on there right now and its a 328i 96...Thin air u always have some good insight what do u think..anyone else...whats the best way to go and cost effiecent..anyone have any lowering springs they wanna sell me for the front...any opinions/ advice is appreciated

thanks

J
Old 03-30-2005, 11:59 AM   #2
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

The reason your rear end is so low is because the springs have sagged from weight and aging. Buy an aftermarket spring/shock kit that lowers the front 1.5", and the rear probably won't go down as far as the kit indicates.

If you just change the fronts, you're going to end up with some funky handling.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 12:15 PM   #3
E36 Power
DEFINE GF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
The reason your rear end is so low is because the springs have sagged from weight and aging. Buy an aftermarket spring/shock kit that lowers the front 1.5", and the rear probably won't go down as far as the kit indicates.

yea ive heard of that before...how much does a kit go for though..isnt it upwards of a thousand dollars or sumthing...thats crazy but i dont want sum cheap crap u know
Old 03-30-2005, 12:19 PM   #4
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

You drive a BMW 328i, things aren't cheap.

Anyways, yeah, you're looking at around $1000 for parts, plus the labour to install them. You can look into used stuff, check the classifieds here and on other forums.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 12:22 PM   #5
E36 Power
DEFINE GF

Quote:
You drive a BMW 328i, things aren't cheap.

Anyways, yeah, you're looking at around $1000 for parts, plus the labour to install them. You can look into used stuff, check the classifieds here and on other forums.
yea i know your so right things arent cheap at all which really sux ..thanks for the advice...ill keep my eyes open for them...i know your a mod on this forum so do u have any contancts for a body shop..i have a nasty dent in my door from spiining out on black ice during new years...and i need it oushed out and paint matched..anyone u know who does reputable work..
Old 03-30-2005, 04:18 PM   #6
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to RevShoT
if you want to go cheapo u can just get a set of lowering springs and put them in your stock shocks, that will buy you about a year of usage before they go tits up!

u can get lowering springs roughly 300 used eibach pro kit is probally a nice drop for what your looking for, sportline is a big drop

btw, if u change the front change the back, your handeling will be sooo weird it would be dangerous

possibly mabey get OEM sport springs from the front of a car? and keep your stock springs in the rear?

btw i charge $120 to do a spring swap and $150 to change the shocks and springs
RevShoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 04:22 PM   #7
E36 Power
DEFINE GF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevShoT
if you want to go cheapo u can just get a set of lowering springs and put them in your stock shocks, that will buy you about a year of usage before they go tits up!

u can get lowering springs roughly 300 used eibach pro kit is probally a nice drop for what your looking for, sportline is a big drop

btw, if u change the front change the back, your handeling will be sooo weird it would be dangerous

possibly mabey get OEM sport springs from the front of a car? and keep your stock springs in the rear?

btw i charge $120 to do a spring swap and $150 to change the shocks and springs
Ya i hear u man...i just want to drop the front end b/c with that reiger bumper from fil it needs to b a tad lower u know...but ppl are also saying that my low might look low possibly cuz their worn out and aold or w/e...
Old 03-30-2005, 04:25 PM   #8
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

yeah its a not uncommon problem to have stock springs sag in the rear cause they are worn out!

i could hook u up with a set of H&R sport springs 1.5" front 1" back

if your interested ill get back to you on a price
Old 03-30-2005, 04:28 PM   #9
E36 Power
DEFINE GF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevShoT
yeah its a not uncommon problem to have stock springs sag in the rear cause they are worn out!

i could hook u up with a set of H&R sport springs 1.5" front 1" back

if your interested ill get back to you on a price
Yea get back to me with a price thanks...lol i find im talking to u 24 7 now bout ur car..do u mind sending me sum pix of it...or posting a thread with ALL of ur pix u have of it...jyst cuz its a 4 door and look slike mine i just wnana see how the kit looksd and that...yea tell me the price..thanks
Old 03-30-2005, 04:30 PM   #10
Gamite

Quote:

Listen to Jay, he knows his stuff well.

most springs come in a package of four anyways, finding just two aftermarket springs isn't too common.

Your rear also looks lower than the front because your rear fender is actually slightly square shaped instead of round like the front, its flat on the top, which gives it a lower appearance.

Go with a full set of springs all around, you won't be disssapointed.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 04:30 PM   #11
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Power
Yea get back to me with a price thanks...lol i find im talking to u 24 7 now bout ur car..do u mind sending me sum pix of it...or posting a thread with ALL of ur pix u have of it...jyst cuz its a 4 door and look slike mine i just wnana see how the kit looksd and that...yea tell me the price..thanks
hit me an email address via PM and ill send u a shit load of pics

ill get a price for you in a few days for springs
Old 03-30-2005, 04:32 PM   #12
E36 Power
DEFINE GF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite
Listen to Jay, he knows his stuff well.

most springs come in a package of four anyways, finding just two aftermarket springs isn't too common.

Your rear also looks lower than the front because your rear fender is actually slightly square shaped instead of round like the front, its flat on the top, which gives it a lower appearance.

Go with a full set of springs all around, you won't be disssapointed.
Thanks for the advice...i saw a set of blistein for sale in the sale section for 1,000 but i kinda want the rims first then to lower it u know
Old 03-30-2005, 04:34 PM   #13
Gamite

actually, a lot of people will agree that rims w/o lowering looks funny. most people do lowering as one of their first mods because its a double header, u get both performance and looks in one package.

You'd be surprised what a difference a slight lowering will do. Personally, I would definately do the suspension before the wheels.

Old 03-30-2005, 04:36 PM   #14
E36 Power
DEFINE GF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite
actually, a lot of people will agree that rims w/o lowering looks funny. most people do lowering as one of their first mods because its a double header, u get both performance and looks in one package.

You'd be surprised what a difference a slight lowering will do. Personally, I would definately do the suspension before the wheels.
hmm yea i know what your saying thats true in a way...hmm is that a decent price for those spings in the sale section...i have no clue about whats good and price wise...used it good or no
Old 03-30-2005, 05:26 PM   #15
Gamite

Hm, for $1050, that doesn't seem so bad, Bilstein is a very reputable brand, a lot of members here stand by their shocks. I'm sure they've probably outsourced their springs to a major manufactuere like H&R (but don't quote me on that)

I don't think in any way you would be making a mistake by purchasing those, u might wanna look up some local prices so you can determine how much of a deal you are getting. (look at canadian distributors, not US)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: