Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-21-2005, 12:29 PM   #16
1BADBMW
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave535
1badbmw, i think you might be a phuking retard...I LIKE TATER TOTS YAY!!!!!!
hahaha you like Frerrai eh!!! ... you r pissed cuz a Toyota laps a Ferrair!!! A TOYOTA ... BBBAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW!!!!

--> PARTING OUT E21 320 <--
1BADBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:45 PM   #17
///MAC
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro

this is gay, WHEN someone laps ferrari its the BIGGEST HEADLINES in the world, when ferrari laps someone ITS LETS CHANGE THE RULES, CHANGE THE SETTINGS CHANGE EVERYTHING BECUASE FERRARI IS TO STRONG.!!!!!
///MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:52 PM   #18
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member

The race was exciting, but there were plenty of exciting races last year too. Everyone's saying this just because Ferrari didnt win. If u look at it, all the exiting stuff was happening midfield. (just like last season, except that everybody failed to see it becasue they were too busy whining). The front was still a runaway, just by a different teams.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:49 PM   #19
///MAC

yup i agree
i think you are totally right, people are complaining for no reason,
thats just my opinion
Old 03-21-2005, 11:07 PM   #20
Dave535
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADBMW
hahaha you like Frerrai eh!!! ... you r pissed cuz a Toyota laps a Ferrair!!! A TOYOTA ... BBBAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW!!!!
no im just pissed because you think that bmw doesnt have any good drivers..let me think..seems like Quick Nick finished higher than any of those you listed earlier
Dave535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 08:27 AM   #21
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

The reason to changing rules is to make the sport more exciting.
Ferrari still has a great car and a great team. Their down fall this season so far is what brought them to their standings in the first place and that's Bridgestone tires, they just can't keep up with the Michelin. If you look at the results at the end of the race all top cars except for P7 were Michelin.
That's just my 2 cents.

PS Go Williams/BMW..
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:17 AM   #22
daytona
6th Gear Member

I guess Ferrari cant buy championship this season since its a level playing field with the new restrictions...I envy deep pocket owners that has the ability to do what ever it takes ($$) to win titles,but its getting to the point Ferrari budget was 3 to 4 more than its closest team..Micheal is a very good driver but many times over his car won fights in corners not the driver.On the same note Jacques Villeneuve looks awful driving the Sauber-Petronas,its getting to be a broken record where he complains about the car set up or lack of "feeling out" of the car..his driving partners never had any problems lapping him.Panic is starting to boil in the big red stables...looks like the NEW Ferrari might make its debut Bahrain...Goooo Renault.......

Last edited by daytona; 03-22-2005 at 10:19 AM.
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 02:41 PM   #23
///MAC

AHAHHAHAHAHAHA
well after ferrari TOYOTA is very close behind in spending, so i dont think ferrari has BOUGHT a championship, and i hate hearing that, I mean if a team is willing to spend money on improving the car, making it better and trying to win i dont see what the problem is, teams like BENZ have over like 200 people working on the design of the car were as ferrari only have 100 or so. So ferrari isnt buying ne thing, and the majority of the spending goes to shumi, for racing. Other then that, ferrari tried to use their old car for the first 5 races of 2005 and it didnt work out for them, BUT unlike everyother team YOU DO NOT HEAR THEM COMPLAINING!!!! the admit they took a gamble and its not paying off, they saulte renault for doing such a good job, but i dont HEAR NE ONE COMPLAINING ABOUT IT, i dont hear ferrari say LETS CHANGE THE RULES ITS WORKING OUT FOR RENAULT!!!!!!

those are just my inputs, i could be wrong i could be right, other way those are my 2 cents
Old 03-22-2005, 04:17 PM   #24
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Please keep one thing in mind I donít put down any team or any persons, this is just my opinion.
Ferrari approached Bridgestone 4 to 5 years ago and they decided to build tires that suit the Ferrari chassis only, as for the other teams basically who cares take them or leave them was their attitude. From then on Ferrari became the dominant team. When Michelin came out with a tire a few years back which proved to be better then Bridgestone Ferrari called foul, illegal tires. These tires were not illegal according to the F1 Sanctioning Body but Michelin did manage to produce a tire, which did fall through the gap. Michelin decided not use those tires anymore.

Yes Toyota spends more money then Ferrari. I think of this question; how much has Ferrari spend in their F1 racing history and how much has Toyota? Iím sure Ferrari has spend 40 times more then Toyota. Having said that Ferrari should be #1

Ferrari is racing with their old car for the same reason they have the past few years.
They want to see how their old car compares with their competitors new cars.
Unfortunately the rules have changed so much that Ferrari has been left in the dust and the most important factor is the tires.

Regarding M Schumacker; is he the best driver in the world? This might be a shocker to some. No he is not. He is currently the best driver in F1. To make it in F1 you need a few things 1) team with lots of money 2) Lotís of luck 3) Good driver.

Peace.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:46 PM   #25
///MAC

I agree with everything you have said, but given that, i dont think ferrari is at a loss here, they have gained experience from using their old car for the start of the season, maybe just maybe, and i could be wrong, but maybe their new car just wasnt ready and probably still isnt ready, hence the big delay....
Old 03-22-2005, 10:26 PM   #26
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member

Ferrari is OBVIOUSLY gonna catch up.
Darkness95m3, Even tho my team is on Michelins, they were illegal. Do u know what happened? There is a maximum surface area that is allowed to be in contact with teh pavement. This was measured before the race. And the Michelins were ok for that. However, Ferrari made the FIA measure teh tires "after" teh race. Than, it was visible that the Michelins expanded their area of contact. Thats the way they designed the tire. As it wore out, the footprint would increase. Thats cheating. The only reason why no team was punished is becasue it would be impossible to determine when they started using them.

Also, who do you think is a better driver?
Old 03-23-2005, 06:13 AM   #27
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

When I heard that I started to laugh and was a little bit dissapointed. Got to hand it to Ferrari for finding out.

As for who is the better driver I would have to say ďMeĒ . Iím awesome in GT4
Old 03-23-2005, 09:31 AM   #28
///MAC

AHHAHAHAHHAHAHA lol
correct me if im wrong, but didnt ferrari not want to take action, all they wanted to do was point out that other teams were using illegal tires, if i remember and i could be wrong, i heard one of the announcers talk about ferrari not wanting to take action, just the fact that they wanted other teams to know they were using illegal tires.

As for whos the better driver, i think shumi is the best right now, but defenitly not the best overall
Old 03-23-2005, 11:26 AM   #29
munichman
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to munichman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave535
no im just pissed because you think that bmw doesnt have any good drivers..let me think..seems like Quick Nick finished higher than any of those you listed earlier
munichman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:30 PM   #30
///MAC

eh nick is a good driver, hes very talented and now he has a car that will take him places, dont bash nick

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: