Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-17-2005, 09:50 PM   #1
Krazykanuk
328I sedan Wannabe

Send a message via ICQ to Krazykanuk Send a message via MSN to Krazykanuk
insurance questions

whats the likely hood of someone like me, male, 20 yrs old, 1 speeding ticket doing 15 over, driving a BMW 328I (1997) and getting accepted for insurance?

cuz my older bro has me worried that oncec i get the bmw i wont be able to get insurance.

any thoughts?
Krazykanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 12:16 AM   #2
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Why not call some insurance companies for a quote...no obligation. You can apply online too. TD Canada Trust has an online application, but I think they email you the quote a day or 2 later. You can get insurance, it's just that it might be pricey. Are you insured now? Like on your parent's car or something? Chances are that you will get the best premiums from them. You can call them for a quote too, again, there is no obligation.

BTW...find out BEFORE you go shopping for a car!
windwagen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 12:45 AM   #3
prynce_qt
2nd Gear Member

dude you have to get insurance before you buy the car. When you register the car at the MTO they will ask for insurance before you can have plates. But never buy a car without know the price of insurance for the year. Next thing you know you can't afford it. I bought a used car last year and I didn't have insurance, I really knew nothing and the seller snuck in his insurance paper instead so they thought it was for me and I didn't know jack and when I went to get insurance they ask me how I got the car and I said they just gave me plates but then found out later. And if you have the car before you have insurance, it puts you in the lowest ranking which cost more which is why I had to sell the car to a family member so they can have insurance before the car. Luckily they didn't charge tax when they were suppose to when selling to sibs.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:40 AM   #4
Krazykanuk
328I sedan Wannabe

Send a message via ICQ to Krazykanuk Send a message via MSN to Krazykanuk
That is why i am inquiring about it now.. i am figuring everything out now before i get the car in early may.

i guess i should of said that i'm currently insured under my parents on a 1999 toyota tercel as the primary driver of that.

i hope my insurance isn't over $5000 a year cuz thats all i can afford after i pay for the bimmer and my tools for my electrical apprenticeship.
Krazykanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 10:20 AM   #5
SeRb
Don't shrink me Gypsy!

its all depends on the insurance company,

some companies have it so that your quote doesnt even go up after a minor ticket (ie. 15km/h) my brother got a speeding ticket (15 over) a while back and his premiums aren't going to go up because the policy says that they increase premiums after your 2nd ticket

shop around and see that you can find, do a google search there is tons of sites that give u free quotes online
SeRb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 09:44 PM   #6
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Definitely ask with the ins company taking care of the Toyota.
windwagen is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: