Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-11-2005, 05:46 PM   #1
hoboken528e
1st Gear Newbie

Arrow help me!!!

I just bought a 1988, 528e and it worked fine for a while. Now the temp gauge shows me that its getting hot. Had a new radiator when I bought it, I put in a new thermostat, the fans work fine. Now here is the deal. After it warms up to mid point and I put on the lights the gauge goes towrads red, turn the light off, gauge back to normal, same when I use the heat. Also even without that it starts to show hot, when I don't think it really is, If it gets into the red zone the car starts to sputter and I turn itr off. As soon as I turn it on again within 5 seconds the gauge is back in the middle. Is this electrical??? or what.
Please email me direct at orders@fullhouseprinting.com if you have any suggestions or if has happened to you.
Thanks
Larry
hoboken528e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 06:52 PM   #2
Bliss
Administrator

Hmm, well obviously the lights have nothing to do with the temperature of the motor, so if you are sure that this happens only when u turn your lights on/off, then my guess would be electrical. However, if it's not related and you are sure the thermostat, rad, and all the hoses aren't faulty, then maybe your waterpump?

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 09:04 PM   #3
97M3/4
2nd Gear Member

I was going to say water pump as well.......

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: