Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-05-2002, 09:57 PM   #61
Daydream M3
2nd Gear Member

Guys,

Its unfortunate that everything has escalated to a heated conflict.
I know Ab and from what I can defer, he is a nice guy.

It is true.... his car has a lot of parts from different year M3's. It is a 99 M3 though, he brings them in from the states as most of you know, M3 convertibles were never sold here in Canada because of a ride height circumstance( correct me if Im wrong). Ab has had tons of M3's and out of anyone I know.... he knows his stuff. I actually raced him in waterloo and he beat me by a pretty long strip. It is certainly no M3 wannabe.

Ab, cool down a bit... no need to take any personal attacks at people. As for the M3 VIN# check it for yourselves and you will see that it is a real M3. Since the M3 convertible was never brought into Canada, there are many discrepancies as to the actual detail of that car. Also, Ab has had many M3's which I can attest for myself.

Please guys... this is a BMW community which should bare no conflicts. Lets keep everything nice and clean. Just my 2 cents
Daydream M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 10:08 PM   #62
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by Daydream M3
I actually raced him in waterloo and he beat me by a pretty long strip.

with wat car?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 11:01 PM   #63
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

Re: Like I said.........

Quote:
Originally posted by Rehman

The guy that mentioned the serial number thing is correct in assuming that the VIN# will tell not only the year, but also the country the car was manufactured in. It starts with a W, because it was made in Germany, you can contact Customs if you don't believe that one.
yes, i know im right... why don't you settle this, and take a picture of your engine or your vin... its not that hard...
-------------
: The VIN consists of 17 digits.
1st digit is the place it is made
2and 3 are the manufacturer
4,5,6 are the model
7 is the country of the cars origin (us for example)
8 is the restraint system
9 is the check digit
10 is the model year of the car
11 is the assembly plant
and 12-17 is a 6 digit serial #

also,
daydream M3, why do you only have 2 posts now?

what i REALLY want to know is whats up w/ the E36 3 series side skirts? so, they dont look like add ons, and since 99 m3's don't come w/ those, why do you have them? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by Rolled_Out; 09-05-2002 at 11:05 PM.
Rolled_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 11:04 PM   #64
Daydream M3
2nd Gear Member

e46 lover,
I raced him w/ my supercharged 318..... I probably have like 225-230 bhp.
Daydream M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 11:46 PM   #65
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Re: Like I said.........

Quote:
Originally posted by Rehman
As I had mentioned before, it takes someone that has owned an M3 to know an M3. Therefore, I will point out one more time, that all of you that are dissing me and my ride are NON M3 owners!!!

A friend of mine that lives in Toronto, with a supercharged 318 told me about this site, and how good it was. He forgot to mention the imbeciles, and wannabe BMW gurus on it. As I had mentioned before, there are parts of my ride that are from years previous to 1999, because I wanted it that way. I don't like the small side markers, such as those that were on my 98 in the picture. I don't like the regular M3 front bumper, so I put on an E46 M3 style front bumper, I don't like the grill on the newer E36 M3, so I stayed with the 95 style. It makes it my own ride, that no one else has, and one that I did not copy. The wheels are Mille Miglias, and I had them triple chrome plated in California, because I wanted it that way.

The only person that owns an M3, that has commented at all, seems to realize that you guys have nothing better to do than to pick at someone that's got a much nicer ride than you.

Wow, let me see, you remember the '67 Mustang in the movie 'Gone in 60 seconds', it had parts on it from 5 different cars, all the way from 1967 to 1970, I guess that made the car a
1970 Mustang right???? Just because a car has a few parts from odd years does not mean it changes the year of manufacture of the car.

The guy that mentioned the serial number thing is correct in assuming that the VIN# will tell not only the year, but also the country the car was manufactured in. It starts with a W, because it was made in Germany, you can contact Customs if you don't believe that one.
Ok let me get this straight. So by knowing about M3's I'm supposed to know yours is a 1999 M3 because you changed the side skirts to 328 skirts, changed the side markers to 95 side markers, changed the grills to 95 and changed the front bumper to E46? You have to understand how dumb what your saying is. Thats like me buying a 318 and converting the entire body kit to an M3 then saying your stupid because you think its an M3 and not a 318. This has nothing to do with being an M3 owner, it has to do with a 27 year old who acts like a cocky little jack ass kid. I bet if a bunch of us came up to see your car right now you would myteriously disappear.

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, Stoptech pads, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.
Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 12:04 AM   #66
mkgino
6th Gear Member

This is why I think he is saying its a 99.....though I could be wrong, but it is just a theory.......but one that makes sense!!

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...&threadid=5217
Old 09-06-2002, 01:18 AM   #67
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

Here is some good pix of a stock 99 M3.

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/99_m3

SL
KIRASIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 01:43 AM   #68
Rehman
2nd Gear Member

Attention: M3 Wannabe Gurus.....

Attention to the following members:

MTRD, EURO*, bart320i, mkgino, GAMITE, Razkal320i, rolled_out,
E46_lover

You guys all think the car is either a fake or an older M3 right?

Well, are any of you ready to put your money where your mouths are? How about each of you put down $1000.00, and I'll put down $8000.00 for each one of you. If my car is a fake or an older than 99 M3, I will give you each $8000.00.

If it is a 99 M3 convertible, you each give me $1000.00. Sounds fair? Nothing illegal about that?

Kal, thanks for the compliment. As far as "downgrades" is concerned, as I had mentioned earlier, there are some parts on the 99 M3 that I didn't like, obviously the ugly orange corner markers, and tail lights and side markers, as well as the plain front bumper. I changed them to be "upgrades" in my terms of what I like. If you guys see them as "downgrades" that's your perrogative. Sort of like I think BMW downgraded the ass end of all their E46 BMW's and the new 7 series, that is one ugly car. The front end is nasty looking, the wheels are cheap looking, absolutely awful for a $100 000.00 + car.And how about some of the ugly colours you can get your new M3 in..........Laguna Seca Blue.........or that ugly mustard yellow/green.........awful........BMW should look at Ferrari or Lamborghini or Porsche and offer real colour choices.

As far as my headlights are concerned, they are actually quite ugly and dirty, I've ordered a set of ZKW Euro Ellipsoid lights, and I will be adding the Xenon HID bulbs if I don't sell the car before next summer.

As far as the sideskirts are concerned, they are original "M" skirts.
And if you knew anything, 328is's come with the same skirts, call up your local BMW dealership and ask the parts guy for the part numbers, and they will be identical for M3 sideskirts which come standard on all E36 M3's, and 328is's.You can even have a look at the pictures Kirasir has posted on this thread, of a bone stock 99 M3 convertible, that will show you the exact same side skirts that are on my ride.......

I want to apologize to all the guys that know me on this site, I know you might be surprised at my demeanour on here guys,
however, I hate to be called a liar, and I don't like people stating untrue facts about anything associated with myself, including my ride.

Last edited by Rehman; 09-06-2002 at 01:52 AM.
Rehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 01:50 AM   #69
Rehman
2nd Gear Member

BRYAN>...........

I would not mysteriously dissapear Bryan, I would just show you and your friends what idiots you really are to think the car is not a
99 M3 convertible. Ofcourse, I would have lots of my friends there to witness and record the embarrasment of a bunch of BMW wannabe Gurus.
Old 09-06-2002, 01:56 AM   #70
mkgino
6th Gear Member

They aren't ///M skirts, reason they are like that is cause u have the Luxury edition of the M3, Im assuming that is. But no worries dude I know u have an M3, I dont think anyone is doubting that, but it just looks like an older one rather than a 99 thats all. See lots of people come on these boards posting BS and of course if someone does, another member has to call them on it right?? I still have a question about your side blinkers, how did u get them to fit?? Isnt the hole on the side smaller than the blinker? Im assuming its not a direct fit right?? U know what just make everyone happy and post your vin on here or some kind of proof that it is a 99 and you will have my apology.
Old 09-06-2002, 01:56 AM   #71
Rehman
2nd Gear Member

Rolled_Out........

Taking a picture of my engine will do nothing to prove that it's a 99 M3, although, the 3.2L engine is definitely a different looking engine than the 3.0L found in 95 M3's. Anyone can throw on a M Power valve cover. The only way to prove a car's status, is the VIN# and sticker on the inside of your driver's side door, have a look at yours, what does it say? It should mention your car's model, engine size, country of manufacture, company of manufacture and date of production.
Old 09-06-2002, 01:59 AM   #72
Rehman
2nd Gear Member

mkgino........side markers.....

You're right about the side markers.......the holes for the 97-99 side markers are too small for the 95 side markers, you have to bend them open a bit, and then the side marker is slid into place.
Old 09-06-2002, 02:15 AM   #73
Gamite

If you can show me some proof of your car, I will shut up, although I never really said your car wasnt an M3. The side skirts thing was just a simple question. I just found it hard to believe its a 99.

Thats why I said, lets meet up, if your car is what you say it is, then we're all premature to say that your car isnt, and I will personally apollogize and shake your hand for a good job on a sweet car.

If your car is truly what you say it is, then you shouldnt have been offended by my first "poser" comment at all, since you do indeed have the real deal.

But I would like to note, eventhough you were flamed pretty badly, I would have to say you handled the situation very immaturely, snapping back and everyone. Doing so is only going to make things worse. You could have simply taken a picture of your vin, and none of this would have happened.

I know that some of the other members of the board are also being slightly immature about things, but you have to look at it from our point of view.

pre 96 front grill, pre 96 side markers and 328 side skirts. If you saw a car like that, and they claimed it was a 99 M3, anyone would speculate the truth.

All in all, you still have NOT provided us with any proof. And instead are responding with comments like:

"Oooh you wanna race me?? I can kick your ass."
"I'll bet you $1000 that my car is real"

Which make you look like a liar, and something I wouldnt expect from a 27 year old.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 02:54 AM   #74
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

This is pretty funny. so what if its 99 or older..
mpower1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 02:56 AM   #75
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

Hey, you know what? This is supposed to be for "selling MOMO
sterring wheel". You guys wanna argue? go somewhere else..
I just noticed that this is selling section.
mpower1226 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: