Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Other BMW Parts
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-28-2005, 04:32 PM   #1
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
SS brake lines

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...e=STRK:MESE:IT
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 06:03 PM   #2
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

whats the special maxbimmer price?
Old 02-28-2005, 06:05 PM   #3
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

$120 is the lowest I can go. These lines retail for over $180 CDN
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Old 03-01-2005, 11:22 AM   #4
Daydream///M3
4th Gear Member

come on bry, I can get stoptechs, turner motorsports, and UUC motorwerks all for the same price.
Daydream///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 11:26 AM   #5
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Ok Gavin,

First of all, UUC uses Techna-Fit brake lines, they are exactly the same as what I'm selling. I doubt UUC actually makes anything aside from their short shifters. The flywheels are made by fidanza. Secondly, they sell on their site listed as $95USD. That already comes out to more than I'm asking for with USD - CDN money conversion alone. Added shipping, customs and taxes, it's going to be close to if not over $180. I think what I'm asking ($120) is more than resonable. I don't know if you can get them at a super cheap price, but I'm not a flee market. What I sell them for is pretty close to my cost price.

Bry

Last edited by Autotechnica; 03-01-2005 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:33 PM   #6
Daydream///M3
4th Gear Member

Didnt mean to barge on your sale Bry..... I was just researching a couple brands the other day and found the prices very much the same.

All Im saying is that I checked with Rob at Tunerworks a couple of days ago and he said the UUC lines were 120 Canadian. Stoptech lines from M3 motorwerks is 90 bucks and 8 bucks shipping to Canada which would be around 120-125 to my door. Turner lines maybe 10 bucks more than 120 and Ireland engineering sells their lines for 75 US which with shipping is still less than 120 Canadian.

Perhaps you do get them for close to cost Bry and Im not disputing that. If they are close to cost... sell them for that and Im sure a lot of people will be happy with the quallity and price too.

Just trying to post facts and from me talking to other stores.... how much ss lines would cost me at the end of the day in Canada at my door steps.
Daydream///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:35 PM   #7
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotechnica
The flywheels are made by fidanza.
The stage II flywheels are not made by Fidanza I dunno if they're made in house either, but they are UUC unique.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:43 PM   #8
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Gavin,

I'm actually an authorized dealer for IE. And the price for the lines are slightly less than the UUC/TechnaFit lines. I know because I sell them too. However, there is no teflon coating on the outside and the FTS/DOT approval is important for the lines which the IE's do not have. It even says on IE site that they ARE NOT DOT approved. BMP's lines are also not DOT approved so they are significantly cheaper if you look it up.

You even said Turnerworks sells them for $120 + shipping, and no tax I assume? I'm selling them for $120 new, no tax, no shipping, no customs. I still don't see what's wrong with my price. You can compare apples and oranges all day long, but the fact is, the price I'm providing them at is still cheaper than UUC and technafit, which are the exact same lines I'm selling.

The thing is, prices for DOT approved and certified coated lines will all be very similar. You can get cheap SS brake lines for $50-$70, but why? They are your brake lines, you don't want the fittings to come loose or the lines to rupture. Non DOT approved brake lines are usually considered to be "race car only" lines and they may not live up to the beating from normal everyday road debris on the street. The DOT/FTS approval has to do with the way the fittings are attached to the lines and whether or not they are "safe" for the street.

For example, an intake kit can range from $50-$800, so how do you justify spending more than that $50? It's the same deal my friend. So I guess what I'm trying to say here is, brake lines ARE NOT all the same.

Cheers

Bry

Last edited by Autotechnica; 03-01-2005 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:09 PM   #9
Daydream///M3
4th Gear Member

Bry, Im not trying to knock your sale or anything like that.... Im sure your product is good.... however, from a marketing standpoint... if someone is going to purchase an item that is branded like the companies I mentioned: UUC, Turner, Stoptechs etc. for close to the same price as your lines... they would probably spend the extra few bucks..... thats all.

No harm intented Bry
Old 03-01-2005, 04:16 PM   #10
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydream///M3
Bry, Im not trying to knock your sale or anything like that.... Im sure your product is good.... however, from a marketing standpoint... if someone is going to purchase an item that is branded like the companies I mentioned: UUC, Turner, Stoptechs etc. for close to the same price as your lines... they would probably spend the extra few bucks..... thats all.

No harm intented Bry
Gavin, when you buy the UUC lines, it won't say "UUC" on them. They will look identical to the lines I'm selling because they are infact, the same.

Same with companies like BMP, they are not BMP lines, they are "Earls" and will not say BMP on them.

Just wanted to clear that up. I just don't get why you'd pay slightly more for the same thing just because a company like UUC sold them to you. Anyways, whichever lines you decide to purchase, make sure they are DOT approved.

cheers,

Bry

Last edited by Autotechnica; 03-01-2005 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:18 PM   #11
M-Power
2nd Gear Member

Talking

All Im saying is that I checked with Rob at Tunerworks a couple of days ago and he said the UUC lines were 120 Canadian. Stoptech lines from M3 motorwerks is 90 bucks and 8 bucks shipping to Canada which would be around 120-125 to my door. Turner lines maybe 10 bucks more than 120 and Ireland engineering sells their lines for 75 US which with shipping is still less than 120 Canadian.

Perhaps you do get them for close to cost Bry and Im not disputing that. If they are close to cost... sell them for that and Im sure a lot of people will be happy with the quallity and price too.

Just trying to post facts and from me talking to other stores.... how much ss lines would cost me at the end of the day in Canada at my door steps. [/quote]

THIS IS A REAL GOOD THREAD HIJACK.
HEY BRYAN, LET THIS JOKER GET THIS STUFF TO HIS OR HER DOOR, WITH SHIPPING, TAXES AND A BROKERAGE FEE FOR EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT THEY STATE.
PLEASE DAYDREAM, MAKE ME A BELIEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOTHING LIKE BASHING A GUY TRYIN' TO MAKE A FEW BUCKS!!!

////M

Last edited by M-Power; 03-01-2005 at 04:21 PM.
M-Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 04:51 PM   #12
Daydream///M3
4th Gear Member

Hey ///M

I know Bryan so Im not trying to get people to not buy his stuff. Ive sold stuff to Bryan before so its not like Im trying to elude him. Im just eliciting the fact that some people may pay more for product name stuff.

Plus, I have to order stuff from Tunerworks in a couple weeks when they get me my part from AC Schnitzer. So, when I get the lines as well.... Ill personally photocopy my receipt and send it to your email if you would like so you can see the price difference. Oh and just out of curiosity ///M do you know where tunerworks is located? They are based in Alberta so no brokerage fee would be incurred and only 7% sales tax is all you pay. Ask Bruce since he just order underdrive pulleys from them. PLus, since I usually order a bunch of stuff, he batches the shipment so its cheaper. At the end of the day, that part wont cost me more than 130 Canadian.

Listen M Im not trying to start a war with you on this subject or take sides with anyone. I like to express my point without someone flamming me and if you cannot accept my reasoning thereafter.... that is your opinion and I have to respect that. when you suggest that you dont beleive me....read what I just wrote and think about it. No hard feelings intended
Old 03-01-2005, 04:59 PM   #13
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

This thread is getting embarassing. Maybe it should be deleted or something. I didn't want to start a flame war. I just wanted to state that I sold the "exact" same thing UUC or Technafit sold for slightly cheaper. You can't get A LOT cheaper than $120, because that's the general price for DOT approved lines, usually they sell for more. Non Dot approved lines can sell for anything. I've seen some for as low as $29 on ebay, yikes! Anyways, for something that's only $120, a $10+ discount is pretty huge if you think about it. Most car parts perchased from other dealers are only marked up 15-20% when resold to the public, not much.

Anyways, Gavin like I said, I have no problem if you feel more comfortable buying from a larger company. However, just don't be fooled into thinking that somehow UUC or Turnerworks had something to do with the manufactering of the product and that you're getting something different. They are shipped to them from technafit just like they are shipped to me. Absolutely nothing is changed (there is no UUC logo on the lines). They just repack them and ship them out to the customer with a markup. Remember that I am an authorized dealer for over 30 different manufacturers, so I buy parts from other companies for resale just like UUC or tunerworks does.

peace

Bry

Last edited by Autotechnica; 03-01-2005 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:28 PM   #14
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotechnica
This thread is getting embarassing. Maybe it should be deleted or something. I didn't want to start a flame war.
I would clean it up, but there was a lot of very useful information posted. I'm sure a lot of people would be even happier to know that this is the same product UUC rebrands.

Just keep the arguments constructive, no rules against that.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:37 PM   #15
Daydream///M3
4th Gear Member

I agree Bryan, this thread is getting out of hand.

To everyone, Bryan is a good guy and Im sure the products that he sells are good quality.... I didnt want anyone to think otherwise. I was just mentioning a point but I guess it did more bad than good.

Ill end my posting now... sorry Bry for the confusion

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: