Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Rides
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-23-2002, 02:17 AM   #16
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

looks awesome...the more i look at it, the more ur car reminds me of my skyline gtr r34 from GT3! cuz my rims and lowering is like the same....see if u cud lower it a bit more tho rob..or will it rub???

ps...i didnt say ur car looks like a skyline! jus reminds me...cuz of rims and body style

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 08:36 AM   #17
ROB89M3
6th Gear Member

Hey John,
Skyline ? thats the first time someone compared my car to a Skyline...hehe

No i can't lower it more...It's all the way lowered.If I get shorter shocks it will help out just a lil more.
ROB89M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 01:23 PM   #18
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ROB89M3
If I get shorter shocks it will help out just a lil more.
Getting shorter shocks pistons won't lower the car unless you're already at the bump stops, which you're not. They may help keeping you from bottoming out, but you could simple solve that with better matched valving to your springs.

/// M3NTAL Kev

M3ntal Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 02:07 PM   #19
WASABI
OG

Quote:
Originally posted by M3ntal Kev
Getting shorter shocks pistons won't lower the car unless you're already at the bump stops, which you're not. They may help keeping you from bottoming out
Is it also true that some shorter shocks also has the spring seat located lower than normal. I think I remember reading at H&R, that this was how they achieve the stock ride comfort with the lowered ride look with the H&R Cup Kit.

Nice choice of rims BTW.
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 02:15 PM   #20
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by saj328

Nice choice of rims BTW.
My new wheels? Or the wheels Rob bought off me?

/// M3NTAL Kev

M3ntal Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 03:25 PM   #21
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
How many pounds do those 18" Comp rims weigh anyways?
Old 08-23-2002, 03:50 PM   #22
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
looks great rob!
you should take some pictures somewhere with a scenic view, or on some grass to really show off the new look =)

i dont think you should lower the car anymore than it is. It's pretty darn low as is, especially in the front. I'm surprised you havent scraped the front fascia already! I had that problem in some other cars i attached from lip spoilers to.

i think your next move should be the ///M stripes on the car either on the front or the rear corner of the car

do you have a rollcage yet? i havent really looked inside your car closely before. that might be interesting to do next as well.

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 03:24 AM   #23
SickFinga

here os what i think.
Those rims looked better on M3ntal Kev's car, and Rob's Hartge looked better on his car.
Also I think Kev's old rims(Rob's now) looks better than his new OZ. But the best looking rims for Kev were Contour(7 series) Those look aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamazing.

BUt that's just me.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 06:07 PM   #24
Lil'Smoothie

lookin good bro!
Old 08-24-2002, 06:20 PM   #25
Dirtyman
2nd Gear Member

oh oh!!

whhaaa!......that looks sweeeet dude, sh!t, every time i come visit this site your M3 looks safer!!*drunk*
Old 08-25-2002, 02:02 AM   #26
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by djcontra
looks great rob!
you should take some pictures somewhere with a scenic view, or on some grass to really show off the new look =)

i dont think you should lower the car anymore than it is. It's pretty darn low as is, especially in the front. I'm surprised you havent scraped the front fascia already! I had that problem in some other cars i attached from lip spoilers to.

i think your next move should be the ///M stripes on the car either on the front or the rear corner of the car

do you have a rollcage yet? i havent really looked inside your car closely before. that might be interesting to do next as well.
get the stripes at the rear...it'll look sick but take the dekra sticker off..it'll look gay with all these diff colours...black, red, white, blue etc...rollcage will look amazingly go for it man.

ps...dont think about powder coating it white!! it'll look amazingly gay! (dont go nuts on me...its only a suggestion)

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 08-25-2002 at 02:10 AM.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 09:30 AM   #27
BMWM3DTM
3rd Gear Member

Wink Wow!!

Wow!!!! This rims looks nice on your car. You take this rims only for test on your car,Rob?
BMWM3DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 10:39 AM   #28
ROB89M3
6th Gear Member

Re: Wow!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BMWM3DTM
Wow!!!! This rims looks nice on your car. You take this rims only for test on your car,Rob?
No I bought these rims already.
I Don't think I will put anymore decals on.Maybe when I get enough money,I will start to lok for an Original DTM racecar and sell my car.Until that day comes (if it comes) I will just stick with the Dekra sticker.
ROB89M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 02:09 PM   #29
hawai-Ian
3rd Gear Member

nicer. makes me to want to own an e30 ///M even more.
Old 08-25-2002, 04:24 PM   #30
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
I wonder how durable those superleggra's would be for street and track use (mainly street).
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: