Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-13-2005, 10:01 PM   #1
Marven
2nd Gear Member

Help with shocks and strut setup

Hey Guys,

I got a huge problem...I lowered my E34 with springs from BMA but it's chewing up my tires big time - it's even starting to rub with the stock 15" rims...I never changed the shocks though and I think that's where my problem is...I am going to check Bruno's site but can the others tell me what they have done and/or what set up they have used...

Thx
M.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:07 PM   #2
MOTRONIX
2nd Gear Member

i take it you havent performed a 4 wheel alignment when the springs were installed? if not, get it done , thats the reason why you are chewing tires up. when the car is lowered you are going to increase negative camber, and thus cause the toe specs to go out to lunch. they have to be adjusted to spec or 'other' specs to improve tire wear. but unfortunatly only toe can be adjusted on the front only, if your car doesnt have bushing adjustment kits throughout the chassis. the car will drive a hell of alot better when its aligned

dave
MOTRONIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 02:13 PM   #3
Marven
2nd Gear Member

Thx Dave...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTRONIX
i take it you havent performed a 4 wheel alignment when the springs were installed? if not, get it done , thats the reason why you are chewing tires up. when the car is lowered you are going to increase negative camber, and thus cause the toe specs to go out to lunch. they have to be adjusted to spec or 'other' specs to improve tire wear. but unfortunatly only toe can be adjusted on the front only, if your car doesnt have bushing adjustment kits throughout the chassis. the car will drive a hell of alot better when its aligned

dave
Sorry I took so long to reply....I had an alignment done.....but it seemed like a cheap place - should I have it done again? Any recommendations that does it specically on lowered cars?

M.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:49 AM   #4
MOTRONIX
2nd Gear Member

if its a reputable alignment shop, they should have the expereince on lowered cars. but if you would like a proper setup, let me know.

dave
MOTRONIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:37 PM   #5
Bruno
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTRONIX

dave
As stated, the alignment won't change much. Rotating tires often or adding camber adjustable bushings or screws at the back is the only solution.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 02:08 PM   #6
Gamite

stupid question, but what size tires are you running?

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: