Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-13-2005, 11:50 PM   #16
SkycityBMW
6th Gear Member

Damn . . dude sorry to see this and hear about it ! ! !
Old 02-14-2005, 06:47 PM   #17
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Sorry to see the pictures. Ouch...
By the looks of it there can't be that much damage, having said that I don't know of the damage under the hood.
I would say it's got approx $1000 to $1500 damage from what I can tell if you fix it yourself.

I would try to have the Police investigate the accident if not try points.

Where abouts do you live in Hamilton?
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:22 PM   #18
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Ouchh....good luck on the fixing........
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 02:02 AM   #19
daytona
6th Gear Member

The problem is that the other driver was already in the turning lane and from the BMW position it was in a tatical turn(avoiding on coming traffic while waiting to merge)..he(other driver) does have the right of way by law since he was already with the flow of the traffic while the BMW was "attempting to merge" even though it was shared turn lane..he could make a case that the BMW didnt wait until the turn lane was cleared when he entered it.He could say your car was still in motion when you attempted the merge,its your word against his....my GF cousin is a cop...I ask him about this a years ago about shared turn lanes...he mentioned that a car trying to enter a shared turn lane is always considered the at fault even if the other driver was speeding or using it as passing lane,the only way to disprove this is witnesses...all cars turning into traffic MUST yield the right of way.....
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 09:42 AM   #20
Polish
6th Gear Member

well i got an accident report, after looking at the pictures and hearing me out, the cop reviewed it and its going down 50/50 by the looks of it, he pays for his, i pay for mine, both of us should get careless driving tickets, but he isnt bothering with that, since that leads nowhere, so hes not giving out any...

as for the damage, the front bumper cost me around 800 painted, foglights were 200, the projectors were around 500 and clears 40, thats just the aftermarket repair that i lost in accident... thats 1540 alone

now, we have the quarter panel bent to shit, my front grill needs replacing along with the hood (not even caring about the frame)... and interally my blades to my fan connecting to the motor were all ripped off, one of the blades was loose or the radiator guard for the fan was loose, and shattered all the blades then one blade continued to slice my radiator.. so that might need replacing, its not that bad, but who knows with radiators...

personally im looking around 4000-5000 +- in repairs if i want the car to be 100%

but im not claiming under insurance, im giving them a call after work, but the police report states its 50/50
Polish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 01:09 PM   #21
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

seems like the car is gonna be stored and slowly fixed...imho...if its gonna end up $5000+, the car is a write-off since the damage is gonna be more than the value of the car if not the same

jus part it out
Old 02-15-2005, 08:48 PM   #22
325iSBimmer
///MMMM VIDA

Send a message via MSN to 325iSBimmer
where did this happen..I've seen that car with the NIke symbol on it before..and I think the guy is a TOOL.. If its the person Im thinking it is
Old 02-16-2005, 09:35 AM   #23
Polish
6th Gear Member

Rymal, just before Dartnall, yeah the guy is definitly a tool, ive seen him around too, you cant miss the big Nike sticker on the back.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:41 AM   #24
erikIS
bigcock

Man, iv ran into your car soo many times..i saw your car 2 weeks ago parked in Limeridge mall.. nice front, iv also seen you at splash once before..... and iv seen your car parked infront of your house in hamilton after visiting my AUNT...weird eh?

Anyway, that car isnt worth fixing ouotta your own pocket.. u have 1 way insurance? isnt insurance covering damages?

Last edited by erikIS; 02-16-2005 at 10:45 AM.
erikIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 12:09 PM   #25
Polish
6th Gear Member

haha, thats messed, i used to work at splash so that explains that... i do have insurance but im not willing to let my rates go up, car isnt worth repairing, thats why im not, im fixing the internal damage, putting on my old bumper, putting the stock headlight back in, and thats about it, im driving the way she is till she dies most likely

thats the plan, dont care about looks anymore cause it will never be the same unless i fork out more than what the POS is worth
Old 02-16-2005, 12:18 PM   #26
///MAC
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro

yea its soo his fault, like from the pics it looks like you had nothing to do with it at all
///MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 12:37 PM   #27
Polish
6th Gear Member

im going today and i have my digi and taking a video of other cars do it, just incase this goes to court or anything like that, cause 100% of the cars do this from 1 light to the next, its pretty brutal

but as for now, everything is good to go in terms of insurance and everything, so its just a lesson learned i guess, im never being let in by another car again, ill go around the block if i have to, its just no worth it
Old 02-16-2005, 12:59 PM   #28
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

I hate Nike!
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:15 PM   #29
erikIS
bigcock

Yeah that car is really familiar too.. a green car with a nike sign oin the back.....

Man i drive around hamilton way to much.....jeez
erikIS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: