Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2005, 01:32 PM   #16
EuroSpectacle
88iS
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,304
Send a message via MSN to EuroSpectacle
^ ha... lol no vaseline im strictly a ky man... lol

ok so im having a little difficulty with this, does raven own thier own shop, or are they in the same building as bavarian on woodbine, i only ask becuase bavarian had raven stickers everywhere, doors, trucks.. and thier cars.
EuroSpectacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 01:33 PM   #17
EuroSpectacle
88iS
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,304
Send a message via MSN to EuroSpectacle
but yah im gonna try to put the best i can on it, especially when stock cat backs are 650 from bmw, i see no problem throwing another 200 to 300 down for that sweeter sound.

Last edited by EuroSpectacle; 02-14-2005 at 01:34 PM. Reason: im stupid
EuroSpectacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 01:35 PM   #18
EuroSpectacle
88iS
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,304
Send a message via MSN to EuroSpectacle
however, thinking about it, i know a few exaust guys, i may go custom, but thats only if im keeping the car
EuroSpectacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 06:07 PM   #19
Mtl_e30M3
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal/Ottawa
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroSpectacle
however, thinking about it, i know a few exaust guys, i may go custom, but thats only if im keeping the car
Hartage make a pretty sweet exaust... might be difficult to find.
Mtl_e30M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 01:55 AM   #20
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca
 
M50E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Niagara Falls, ON, Canada
Posts: 4,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEE$
I live solely on a "you get what you pay for" existence. They make good shit...it's that simple. This is an E30 M3, not a 87 Tempo...take care of her.

I guess this is the type of example that seperates individuals.
Man you pretty ignorant. Why pay for something when you can get it done at another shop that is just as good for less?

And as for "I guess this is the type of example that seperates individuals." comment. Go ahead and pay more of your hard earned money for products/services if it makes you feel smart. LOL.
__________________
M50E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 08:57 AM   #21
GEEE$
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Burlington
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by M50E30
Man you pretty ignorant. Why pay for something when you can get it done at another shop that is just as good for less?

And as for "I guess this is the type of example that seperates individuals." comment. Go ahead and pay more of your hard earned money for products/services if it makes you feel smart. LOL.

Is it really just as good, for less? That's the question at hand. How can you answer that? Because you say so? Because one shop has better service than another? Do you have a chart that dictates the differences between muffler shops and why one shop is better than the other, or do you go by your visuals on the piece itself? The grade of steel used? The installation maybe? The problem with your assumption is just that, it's an assumption. How do you know for a fact you're comparing apples to apples? Well, how do you? There are soooo many variants. Like I said...I guess that's what seperates people. I don't mind paying top dollar, for top quality items, without any heartache whatsoever.

You on the other hand obviously have a problem with that simple approach...

You get what you pay for, it's that easy...just suck it up.




G$
GEEE$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 09:55 AM   #22
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca
 
M50E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Niagara Falls, ON, Canada
Posts: 4,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEE$
Is it really just as good, for less? That's the question at hand. How can you answer that? Because you say so? Because one shop has better service than another? Do you have a chart that dictates the differences between muffler shops and why one shop is better than the other, or do you go by your visuals on the piece itself? The grade of steel used? The installation maybe? The problem with your assumption is just that, it's an assumption. How do you know for a fact you're comparing apples to apples? Well, how do you? There are soooo many variants. Like I said...I guess that's what seperates people. I don't mind paying top dollar, for top quality items, without any heartache whatsoever.

You on the other hand obviously have a problem with that simple approach...

You get what you pay for, it's that easy...just suck it up.
Just because John over charges you for a muffler dosen't mean your getting a higher quality or superior product. I don't need a "chart" it is called common sense...........something you lack.

__________________
M50E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 10:21 AM   #23
GEEE$
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Burlington
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by M50E30
Just because John over charges you for a muffler dosen't mean your getting a higher quality or superior product. I don't need a "chart" it is called common sense...........something you lack.


Are you questioning Raven's products, service, or pricing structure? I'm not sure where your point is ultimately going? They have great products, and sell them at certain prices...take it or leave it, it's quite a simple concept. Just because John charges X amount for a muffler, doesn't mean it's not worth it...it's just not worth it to YOU. That's the point you're missing. Think about it. Are you trying to argue "you get what you pay for" ??

So......how does one use "common sense" to decipher the differences between say, certain grades of steel from a muffler shop???






G$
GEEE$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 10:54 AM   #24
NickP
Moderator
 
NickP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,135
These guys make a nice centre section:

http://www.vsr1.com/e30_exhaust.htm

Not cheap though.
NickP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 10:56 AM   #25
GEEE$
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Burlington
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickP
These guys make a nice centre section:

http://www.vsr1.com/e30_exhaust.htm

Not cheap though.


Very nice indeed...ya gotta pay to play baby!




G$
GEEE$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 12:02 PM   #26
EuroSpectacle
88iS
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,304
Send a message via MSN to EuroSpectacle
yeah i talked to john at about 6 last night, hes setting me up with a custom system,

no charging me to much more than stock, and seeing as he needs the car to fabricate the exaust, i trust him, plus if hes in partnership with bavarian its all good, i trust those guys, they know what there doing.... you two quit arguing, its all good, some places are better than others.. some places are cheaper, but its all gravy
EuroSpectacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 12:05 PM   #27
GEEE$
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Burlington
Posts: 648
Solid!...they do good work, and are s14 specialists.

You're in good hands.





G$
GEEE$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 03:37 PM   #28
EuroSpectacle
88iS
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,304
Send a message via MSN to EuroSpectacle
yes i know this... sorry nick p... didnt even see that post, to bad i got it taken care of already,,, just so you know the engines running strong and ive had no problems.. thanx again
EuroSpectacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:48 PM   #29
NickP
Moderator
 
NickP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,135
I want a sound clip!
NickP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 10:19 PM   #30
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca
 
M50E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Niagara Falls, ON, Canada
Posts: 4,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEE$
Are you questioning Raven's products, service, or pricing structure? I'm not sure where your point is ultimately going? They have great products, and sell them at certain prices...take it or leave it, it's quite a simple concept. Just because John charges X amount for a muffler, doesn't mean it's not worth it...it's just not worth it to YOU. That's the point you're missing. Think about it. Are you trying to argue "you get what you pay for" ??

So......how does one use "common sense" to decipher the differences between say, certain grades of steel from a muffler shop???
I'm not getting into a pissing match. I'm not talking about just a muffler BTW it was an example....i'm talking about everything (ie: product, service, price, and customer service). I was quoted for a roll cage for my car from John......LOL! What a joke that was. O'Brien Motorsport was 1/2 the price for the exact same product!

Anyways i'm outta here.......I can't talk/argue with the loyal Raven customers...sutch a waste of time.
__________________
M50E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.