Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-09-2005, 03:10 PM   #1
328is_Perf
5th Gear Member

Bye Bye Bmw

This is very hard for me to say ... but

on February 8th 2005 i got into a huge wreck with my bmw...

i was going to work, it just started raining the road was asphalt. was going 50 mph in the 55 mph zone. I lightly switch lanes lightly but the back swings a little, then i progresses to a hard drift. The car was sideways and then it proceeded to the median (by then i was honking) i missed the suv and then watched horribly as i near a black honda ... i braced and hit the oncoming car

the impact made me hit my head against the passenger seat. When it was over i look up and look horrified at my interior, the passenger door was at the center console. I quickly turn the keys to off position (although the engine was off) and try to get out. The driver's door was stuck so i look for the switch for the window which was 2 feet higher than it was supposed to be. I push it and the window goes down. By now i get about 5 "good samaritans" ask me if i'm ok ... i didn't feel hurt ... 30 seconds later cops, firefighters, and ambulance arrives...

The firefighters already had their tools out to cut the car open.I told them i can get out through the window, and after repeating that multiple times they okayed it. Then they all jump on me trying to hold my neck still and they slap a neck brace on me. Then they ask the questions: what day is it , where are you ... blah blah ..

Then i walk around to see my car i felt like crap .. Its totalled... i'll show you all pics later. I went to the ER, but there was nothing wrong with me whatsoever, no scratches, nothing (safe car!) The EMT's hey said that it was the record wreck theyve seen with the driver not being hurt at all

here's how it happened in chronological order

the car is at home now ... engine is fine ... no full insurance ... so i'm basically screwed ... i think i'm gonna sell it part by part ... so i have an engine and transmission with a brand new clutch (which i spend hours last saturday installing) bumpers lights ... everything

sucks bad ... i'm no longer a BMW driver ...

but i'm still keeping my plans of buying an M5 though

The ONE and ONLY TRUE ///M3:
E36 ///M3 GTR

Last edited by 328is_Perf; 02-09-2005 at 03:15 PM.
328is_Perf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 03:18 PM   #2
aziz
4th Gear Member

sorry to hear that...glad you are alright.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:24 PM   #3
///MAC
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro

sorry to hear bro
but the good thing is that ur oke...
every thing else can be replaced
///MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 03:45 PM   #4
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Glad to hear that you are Ok.
Sorry for the loss.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 03:48 PM   #5
munichman
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to munichman
there are easier ways to destroy a honda.... glad youre ok though, another bmw going beyond the call of duty
munichman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 03:49 PM   #6
SkycityBMW
6th Gear Member

That sucks man . . . . glad to hear your ok . . . .
Old 02-09-2005, 05:15 PM   #7
Bmwstylz
6th Gear Member

that sucks! Rear wheel drive can definitely be a handful in the wet, especially when the rain first wets the roads.

were you running summer tires or something ?

Sorry to hear buddy...
Old 02-09-2005, 05:22 PM   #8
E36er
West Coast Contact!

damn that sucks...but like everyone says..at least your okay,

i heard a story of some lady in a accident like yours also in a bmw..no bumps on her not even touched..the hospital and cops said it was the car that saved her life..BMW's have power..but also safety!
Old 02-09-2005, 06:14 PM   #9
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

you are O.K that is all that matters. the can be replace but not you........
Old 02-09-2005, 07:14 PM   #10
bimmer318ti
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to bimmer318ti
sorry to hear about this dude.. Thank GOD your OK
Old 02-09-2005, 07:47 PM   #11
prynce_qt
2nd Gear Member

Dude that sucks balls. I just got my car last week and just felt my first experience driving in snow today and man it was horrible. After a corner when I put some gas my ass would swing abit but luckily I wasn't going fast. Then near my house at a stop sign I made a complete stop than started in first gear and next thing I know my car was driving sideways to the other side of the road, lucky there were no cars. Then I started with 2 at the next stop and it swung a bit but this time i started slower.

Rear wheel drive is dangerous stuff.
prynce_qt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 11:21 PM   #12
shimajer
loudddddd

damn, tht suckss... but Glad ur ok! thank God
shimajer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 12:53 AM   #13
328is_Perf
5th Gear Member

well ... hmm maybe i didn't make it too clear when i read it ...

i was still sliding fast at the moment of impact ... i'm estimating that i still had 45 mph when i hit.... so if we think about it ... the lady was going 55 mph (speed limit) and i come with 45 mph ... tthats a total of 100 mph wreck...

also i live in houston ... there's only summer tires here ... but my tires were pretty bad ..

i can't wait to have some time to take some pictures ... the passenger door is at the center console ... yet get this ... the engine still turns on ... the wreck hit in between the 2 wheels

but yes ... i should stop thinking about the past ... there isn't much i can do ...

anyone know how much my used 328is ZF 5 speed transmission and engine (together or separate) can sell for? i also have OBD 1 manifold, my bumpers are fine, my rims are still good ... lots of inside electronics pieces can be sold .. such as 18 button OBC, climate console, radio... tailgate, trunk floorboard... driver's seat, tail lights stock, clear corners fronts, foglights, differential... thanks guys for all your support

The ONE and ONLY TRUE ///M3:
E36 ///M3 GTR
328is_Perf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 09:58 AM   #14
ScotcH
6th Gear Member

Glad you're ok ... i know how it feels to lose the car. Be thankful that you were not a cavalier or something!

Let me guess: When the back end came out, you let off the gas, or hit the brakes? That's the easiest way to get the back end to some around.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:58 AM   #15
Mikester
7th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Mikester
sorry to hear about it man... ive almost encountered the same thing couple years ago cause i was riding on bad all seasons in snow.

if you're going to sell the parts, pm me.. i need a nose panel and maybe an 18button obc
Mikester is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: