Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-19-2005, 08:54 AM   #1
RAFAL
1st Gear Newbie

air intake

will a 325 cold air intake fit a 525, since it is the same engine,or am i wrong
RAFAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:42 AM   #2
M-Power
2nd Gear Member

I have a M3 and a 5 series. The M3 has a similar box to a 325. The 5 series box is stood on end which is slightly different than the 3 series configuration.
I really like the 5 series set up.
If it were me (and I am going to do this) I would remove the air horn inside the airbox and put a high quality aftermarket high flow filter in the box.
The air intake is ALREADY a cold air intake drawing from the low pressure area behind the headlights....
If you want to modify the front end of the box, you might be able to carefully cut a larger air intake hole and use some abs or similar pipe to give the intake more potential flow and a bit of an intake growl!
////M
M-Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:40 AM   #3
highspeed
1st Gear Newbie

as m power says ,the air intake on a 5 series is well designed and years ahead of other makes of cars, BMW spent a lot of money designing the cold intake behind the headlight, although m powers idea of cutting a larger hole and and replacing the standard horn with a larger' pipe sounds tempting .the idea is to create a ram effect with a large "scoop" funnelling down to a smaller input feeding the throttle body if anyone has any ideas on a effective practical way of doing this please let us know via maxbimmer
highspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 07:41 PM   #4
Kris in Aus
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Kris in Aus Send a message via MSN to Kris in Aus Send a message via Yahoo to Kris in Aus
remove the high beam light and add some PVC piping to the air box...that what I did. Cheap and effective.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cai1a.jpg (15.9 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg cai2.JPG (38.3 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg cai3.JPG (37.5 KB, 41 views)
Kris in Aus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: