Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Rides
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 04:35 PM   #16
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
20's on a e30 could be done, I have seen 22's ona GTO...

I thought u where talking american v8 under the hood of and e30..

Stanceiseverything.com
Old 08-13-2002, 05:00 PM   #17
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by BmwE30S38
......brake setup as far as calipers go well first i'm going will all wheel disc brakes now calipers front i'm going with 13 or 14 inch rotors with 10 piston calipers in fornt as same for the back.
okay, now your blowing shit up everyone's ass. How do you plan on fitting 13" or 14" rotors with 10 (why?) piston calipers up front AND back with 16" wheels? HAHA. This I'd like to see! Why are you so worried about NOT making wheel spin? It should be the other way around! Do you just plan on showing off at evey stop light? I have absolutely NO problem spinning my 18's in 2nd gear with just a stab of the gas. I actually prefer if it didn't so I could actually move forward! Come on... get real. I helped you out 'cause I thought you were serious about all this, now you're talking like a 15yr old punk!

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
Old 08-13-2002, 05:16 PM   #18
Furious
BMW again.

Quote:
Originally posted by empowerd

okay, now your blowing shit up everyone's ass. How do you plan on fitting 13" or 14" rotors with 10 (why?) piston calipers up front AND back with 16" wheels? HAHA. This I'd like to see! Why are you so worried about NOT making wheel spin? It should be the other way around! Do you just plan on showing off at evey stop light? I have absolutely NO problem spinning my 18's in 2nd gear with just a stab of the gas. I actually prefer if it didn't so I could actually move forward! Come on... get real. I helped you out 'cause I thought you were serious about all this, now you're talking like a 15yr old punk!
uh oh randys grumpy ,,, (just joking bro),,,,,,but he does have a point there bmwe30s38.
Old 08-13-2002, 05:32 PM   #19
BmwE30S38
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to BmwE30S38
Well hey i gotta have some fun i do agree the 10 piston calipers and the 14 rotors are a big eccessive hey if you dont like it then what would you suggest keep in mind there's a 4.0 v8 going in there and maybe a turbo so i'm gonna need plenty to stopping power i dont exactly plan on driving like an old grandma on the damn road i'm one of those people that loves speed i'm sure most fo you do as well i'm sure so i actually wanna feel the speed so that's that yeah i plan to show off but not at every stop light only every other stop light ha ha just kidding but hey i gotta smoke soem ricers that's what i'm building the car for and smoking some other domestics as well anything that's out there racing around on the street i plan to smoke so anyway let me know what's your opinion.And a fast car with no brakes might as well be called "Dead Weight"

Last edited by EMPOWERD; 08-13-2002 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-13-2002, 05:51 PM   #20
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

When are you people gonna realize that stopping power doesn't necessarily come from 18" rotors and 14 piston calipers when you've only got a 205mm wide front tire? Every hear of over-kill and excessive unsprung weight?

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --

Last edited by EMPOWERD; 08-14-2002 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-13-2002, 06:06 PM   #21
BmwE30S38
2nd Gear Member

Yeah i have but i dont understand why you gotta bust my chops when the work isn't odne yet like i said i'm thinking ahead i didnt get the body back yet. and i dotn think anyone makes 18 inch rotors or 14 piston calipers maybe on f1 cars but that aobut it.Plus it was just a suggestion and with the right tools anything can be done.So we'll just have to see i'm getting big rotor either way 13 are good and will fit for sure on the 16's for now andthe car is being made so it can be abused everythintg on cars wears down eventually that's the way things work.All i'm doing is making the car strogner so it lasts longer buddy.I want the car to last even with some abuse that's the whole point of this project.So the 10 piston calipers are too big but if tehy are the n what do you suggest i use and no need to get bent out of shape it's all thinking ahead the're mgiht be cahnges anyway let me know what you think. *devil* *devil*
Old 08-13-2002, 06:47 PM   #22
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Dude you can have rotors as big as your head, but without a larger contact patch on the road you will lock up quicker then ur brakes become usless...

or so is my understanding

Either way keep us updated on the progress

Stanceiseverything.com
Old 08-13-2002, 07:50 PM   #23
BmwE30S38
2nd Gear Member

Yeah i know but i'm going with the 13 inch rotors they will be nice anyway i'll keep you guys updated.
Old 08-13-2002, 10:23 PM   #24
BmwE30S38
2nd Gear Member

Just to give you guys an idea on what it's going to look like when finished of course different rims and the orange will be a metallic there will be no blakc molding so it will have that clean smooth look and the mirrors of course will be off the new e46 but hey it's close enough for now until i take some pics. enjoy!

Last edited by BmwE30S38; 08-13-2002 at 10:25 PM.
Old 08-14-2002, 01:12 AM   #25
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

I don't buy this v8 conversion with custom "titanium/magnesium" suspension and brakes/springs from 850csi!

This is e30 body we are talking about:

How can you fit v8, 850 springs, and 850 brakes in there???!?!?

1) give us pictures of your car in the shop
2) give us pictures of the v8 engine+tranny

No offense but you sound like a 13 year old kid who just made up a story.

SL

"Suspension is getting remade everything fornt and back all custom probably out of titanium or magnesium to save some weight of the front with like i stated before 850csi springs brake setup as far as calipers go well first i'm going will all wheel disc brakes now calipers front i'm going with 13 or 14 inch rotors with 10 piston calipers in fornt as same for the back."

Old 08-14-2002, 12:10 PM   #26
BmwE30S38
2nd Gear Member

First of all you read the facts wrong i only said i'm getting the springs from a 850csi not the suspension and not the brakes get that right and if you havent seen a e30 with a v8 in it the i dotn know under what rock you've been hiding yourself under.Check this out and well see who's wrong.

And this same car different view buddy boy

And let's see if you recognize this engine

So Who's Wrong now?Looks to me like you have soem catching up to do in bmw and the conversions that are possible.

Last edited by BmwE30S38; 08-14-2002 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-14-2002, 01:54 PM   #27
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

First of all, I have NEVER said that v8 in e30 was not possible.

What I was refferring to was the following:

1) If I remember correctly the front shock towers have to be cut to put v8 in
2) 850Csi springs are pretty wide + the big brakes with big callipers + the wheels? Where are the struts going to come from? 850Csi? I highly doubt that any of these parts will fit together in a e30 body. It's not a Caddy, and those wheel wells are pretty small.

3) Magnesium/Titanium suspension?!??!?! You sound like you are on crack, considering that Magnesium is a very weak metal, and good luck finding Titanium, and then someone who can work with it. Plus what exactly are you dreaming to do out of Titanium? Control Arms? Roll bars? I am not even going to go into the $$$ issue.

4) Turbo?

5) Who is planning to do all the work?

I am not saying the v8 into e30 cannot be done. I am questioning your credibility. Where are the pictures of your e30 taken apart? Where is the v8 engine and 6 spd tranny that you "will" use?

I want facts and not dreams.

SL

Last edited by KIRASIR; 08-14-2002 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-14-2002, 02:00 PM   #28
Lil'Smoothie

my bad.......20's on an E30 would look dope....but 16' wheels on such an exotic car would just be embarassing

Old 08-14-2002, 02:20 PM   #29
e30m52power
3rd Gear Member

Are you doing a Rieger e46 m3 kit, or are you actually using a e46 front end? I love the look of the Rieger kits, should be getting mine here very shortly.

Old 08-14-2002, 03:24 PM   #30
addbhp
3rd Gear Member

I am going to have to agree with Randy and the other doubters...all these exotic metals...8 series springs, 16 inch rims, and of course lets turbocharge the bugger...besides wouldn't the V8 and 6 Speed also require changing the transmission firewall opening. I agree, if your not 13 years old you sure spell like one. I was wondering when someone was going to put a halt to this.
Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mosportddt.jpg (7.8 KB, 128 views)
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: