Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-13-2005, 12:03 AM   #16
bimmer318ti
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to bimmer318ti
Cong. on your new car.

I would suggest MarkD racing chip, if you want that "extra boost"
Old 01-13-2005, 05:51 PM   #17
jackson89
1st Gear Newbie

I've noticed alot of people are going with the conforti CAI. I've been wondering is there a big difference between the Gruppe M CAI and the Conforti CAI. I know the Gruppe M is almost impossible to get in Toronto but I'm willing to go far to get one if it's worth, so if anyone knows where Ican get one. If I decide to go with Conforti where should I go to get it. Jmalixi thanks for the info on the differentials and borla, any ideas of where I can go for them.
jackson89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 06:28 PM   #18
jmalixi
4th Gear Member

Used diffs are available at junkyards but keep an eye on the Classifieds at various forums especially e46fanatics. Turner Motorsport carries Borla.... here's the link http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...&subcat_id=102
jmalixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 12:21 AM   #19
jackson89
1st Gear Newbie

Jmalixi, Thank-you again. I would actually prefer a brand new differential though. Is there nowhere I could get one?
Old 01-14-2005, 12:26 AM   #20
jmalixi
4th Gear Member

The dealer will be the only place I can think of.

BTW, is this for manual or auto? They do have different diffs.
jmalixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 02:34 AM   #21
d12
3rd Gear Member

intake will not give you much power, you'll gain 1-3hp MAX... you basically buying it for the sound...
d12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 09:22 AM   #22
jackson89
1st Gear Newbie

Jnalixi- I found a couple. Dinan got 3.15 differential and turner motorsport has got limited slip differential with 20 different ratios to choose from. I also didn't realize that the dealer would be able to swap the 2.93 differential that comes with it for one with a different ratio. I'll have a chat with the dealer. thanks again, you r a life saver.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:45 AM   #23
jackson89
1st Gear Newbie

Jmalixi it's an SMG transmission.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:12 PM   #24
jackson89
1st Gear Newbie

Does anyone know where I can get a new grille for my 2005 330ci. I'm thinking of getting to match my jet black paint. I'm getting the bimmian interior xenon lights, door keyhole covers, solaris 6 bulb kit electrum(amber light or niveus(xenon white light, which i don't understand because don't signal lights have to be amber, maybe i'm wrong) at bimmian. I was also thinking of the xenoflow 6000k or 8000k lights, but I'm not sure about them, so if anyone has any feedback please reply. I was also thinking Philips lights, but I don't know where to get them. Bimmian also has the custom grilles but I don't know if they fit my car.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:23 PM   #25
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

get suspension and a system, clears all around...the AA exhaust and intake go well together, sounds very mean but not too loud at the same time to maintain the class of the car. hamann sells the blacked out grill for your car, either do that or get a used one and get it painted body colour to have a flush match. dont bother with the gruppe M intake its a waste of money, your better off investing in a LSD differential for the same amount.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 12:43 AM   #26
jackson89
1st Gear Newbie

E46 Lover, is that grille from Hamann a grille cover or the entire grille. I want the whole grille not a cover.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:17 AM   #27
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

im not entirely sure, but Tlaselva had it on his C/B M3, shoot him a PM im sure he'd tell u.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 12:39 AM   #28
///MsAniTy
6th Gear Member

check out www.inmotionautowerks.com im sure they sell em
///MsAniTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 03:47 PM   #29
jackson89
1st Gear Newbie

MSanity, i've checked inmotion autowerks, on problem is I don't think it's same size grille as the one on it now. They one they have is supposed to fit all e46, but not all are the same. For example, mine is a lot wider than earlier ones. Do you know of any places where they specialize in bmw body work, so I can get the one on my car painted?
Old 01-17-2005, 06:22 PM   #30
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson89
Do you know of any places where they specialize in bmw body work, so I can get the one on my car painted?
It's a grill. Any paint shop can spray it for you.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: