Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Videos and Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-30-2004, 11:39 AM   #31
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
Guess who's coming!
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 01:56 PM   #32
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp

Send a message via MSN to AlpWhitE46
wow..
AlpWhitE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 05:58 PM   #33
Slowered318
Powered by Budgies

Here is some more information on the Dec 26th Tsunami (i think thoes videos Ivan posted are from dec 26th.. but where the major dammage was i don't think anyone could survive with a video camera)

you need quick time click here

kalutara beach before
kalutara beach durn
kalutara beach after

indonesia before
Indonesia after!

It's crazy how big this one was.. it's almost as large as the Tsunami that hit chile in 1960 - magnatude 9.5 earthquake, waves measuring up to 25 metres tall! it was so huge it traveled all the way to japan. http://www.prh.noaa.gov/itic/tsunami...aries/1960.pdf

Last edited by Slowered318; 12-30-2004 at 06:04 PM.
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 06:42 PM   #34
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp

wow the pic of the tsunami in indonesia before and after is sooooo sad...
Old 12-30-2004, 10:44 PM   #35
app
5th Gear Member

Also after the wave recedes there is a huge undertow. It's unrelenting and incredibly strong. It sucked kids out of parents arms.

So after the first big wave hit, it undertowed tons of debris (office desks, parts of buildings, fridges, etc) and then the next wave just flings it all back. I'd rather not have a fridge coming at me.
Old 12-31-2004, 04:57 AM   #36
saix
rawr

Send a message via AIM to saix
I find it funny how we can upgrade our phones and computers and make the latest fashion, but we cant come together and invent something really important for the well being of people!? why cant people see that we need to be joined as one nation and REALLY help people out. I just find it so funny how over all these years and all our scientific tools that we still cant come up with better solutions then just letting it happen. Man...one day im going to take over the world and unite it and make everyone drive bimmers and put needs over wants. I really dont need how people cant see how large these crisis are, its like hey hit us with something large and we might care... I dont know what makes me so sad cuz I use to be very heartless so I dont know if its cuz asia was hit or if its these pills im on.
saix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 12:18 PM   #37
V-Thang
6th Gear Member

^ Im with you 110%!!!!

People are selfish and greedy these days. Humanity is so bad and evil right now, God is in a way testing us by making these disasters happen. I understand God loves us and why did he let thousands of people die.... but humanity is just so evil right now we are getting punished for it.
V-Thang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 01:23 PM   #38
A11Eur0.
1st Gear Newbie

........are you kidding me?

An earthquake happened. Physics was put to work. People died because.....well, they were just in the way. Not heartless by any means, but I'm just saying there was no "higher power" that did this. Disasters have been happening for centuries for Humans. Pompeii, Krakatoa, all the earthquakes that have devastated cities. Are you going to say that civilizations in Pompeii and Krakatoa were corrupt and greedy? seriously. People choose to live in an area where there is a possibility for floods, tsunami, earthquake, volcano, blizzard, tornado, hurricane, and anything else I may have missed, they choose to take that risk.

And saix, what do you expect we should do? There is no way of predicting quakes. Even if there was an early warning system for the tsunami, most people have not witnessed them, and don't understand what they are. they wouldn't have evacuated anyway.
A11Eur0. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 01:27 PM   #39
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by A11Eur0.
........are you kidding me?

An earthquake happened. Physics was put to work. People died because.....well, they were just in the way. Not heartless by any means, but I'm just saying there was no "higher power" that did this. Disasters have been happening for centuries for Humans. Pompeii, Krakatoa, all the earthquakes that have devastated cities. Are you going to say that civilizations in Pompeii and Krakatoa were corrupt and greedy? seriously. People choose to live in an area where there is a possibility for floods, tsunami, earthquake, volcano, blizzard, tornado, hurricane, and anything else I may have missed, they choose to take that risk.

And saix, what do you expect we should do? There is no way of predicting quakes. Even if there was an early warning system for the tsunami, most people have not witnessed them, and don't understand what they are. they wouldn't have evacuated anyway.

Well said.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:53 PM   #40
///MAC
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro

damn this is sad.... really sad
///MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 11:26 PM   #41
saix
rawr

oh im sorry let me go spend millions on studying a new type of matress that wont spill over your wine glasses when jumping right next to it! AWSOME@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2005, 02:28 PM   #42
pbjaxson
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to pbjaxson
I heard that a couple was out diving pretty far off shore one of the islands and came back and found the isl gone. To them it was just a wave, but when the water got shallower it rose.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:02 PM   #43
A11Eur0.
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saix
oh im sorry let me go spend millions on studying a new type of matress that wont spill over your wine glasses when jumping right next to it! AWSOME@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, tell me what you expect people to do. The warning systems are available, but not every country can afford them. Even then, alot of people don't willingly want to pick up and leave their entire home. Also, entire islands were washed out. It's very likely that people were warned and they went further inland, but still got hit by it because of the overall elevation of these islands.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:18 AM   #44
saix
rawr

well I mean come on...if we can send a rockey into space and back again why cant we use our brains for othe things?

its like they say, if you put ur mind to it u can do anything
Old 01-02-2005, 06:16 PM   #45
A11Eur0.
1st Gear Newbie

again...........tell me specifically what they should do. If you have such faith in it, how about you come up with a solution rather than comparing it with soemthing specialized and completely unrelated.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: