Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-10-2004, 09:21 PM   #1
Lee in Ottawa
5th Gear Member

Almost scammed again with seats [long] !!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the deal with me and seats. First I pay 250 for a corbeau that never comes then i almost pay 900 for 2 brides which i'm told are real but are fakes. http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45546

I was suppost to pay for these tomorow, was reassured that they were real Brides and even arranged for my buddy to drive out of his way on his way home from school to pick them up. I was excited at the thought that i was finally gonna get seats!! I looked around to compare prices because i had never seen a alcantara/suede seat before (must be new i thought to compete with the sparco milano). Sites started poping up about fake brides, i wasn't really worried cause once again i was reasurred that they were real (they are good fakes). Then after some more searching (looking for some pics of them in cars - still thought this guy was honest and thought i was getting real seats) I finally fell into the official bride website http://tees-usa.com/products.html where what do they have in bright red letters on the screen PLEASE BEWARE OF IMITATION BRIDE SEATS MADE IN SUEDE/ALCANTARA FABRIC. They were never made in suede/alcantara!!!!!!!!!!. Thank god I didn't send the money! Apparently these fakes go for way cheaper everywhere like $500 cheaper.

Also be warned!
After the corbeau seat incident I told him that I would pick up the seats in TO cause i had lost all trust in sending money for something then waiting for it to never show up. HE didn't want me coming to TO to pick them up, he had lots of excuses like it would be to expensive for me with gas and that the weather is bad now. If I made a sale i could care less i the guy wanted to pick them up himself especially if he had been ripped off before. Anyways we finally agreed that my friend would pick them up on his way home tomorrow from waterloo. But ofcourse he didn't have one seat and ihe was going to ship it next week. It was stupid of me to agree but i'm a sucker i guess and belive that most people are honest, never again. Who knows if i would have ever gotten that other seat after paying. My guess is no, who know I might be wrong but he sure liked the idea of me sending him money and me not knowing where he lived. Other thing he didn't want to meet my buddy at his house for "convience sake" . Guess he didn't want me going there after he ****ed me! Guys i guess i just have really really bad luck with this stuff but atleast u guys learn from it by who not to deal with. Thanks for listening, mods u can delete this but people should know about this scam, i wasn't the only ones ready to buy those.
Lee in Ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:27 PM   #2
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Never buy anything from someone with no feedback rating!

Or you will get owned like her!

BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:31 PM   #3
Lee in Ottawa
5th Gear Member

apparently this guy is big on vwvortex and was telling me to check him out on there for a bunch of sales. I'm sticking to stock seats
Lee in Ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:13 PM   #4
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Well if you do decide to get racing seats get one piece, because they are TRUE racing seats

Yes, I have to use the laptop case maybe gotta wrap it with something??
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:14 PM   #5
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

Lee sorry to hear that I thought the price was too good to be true cus Bride are expensive. Glad you held back and did some research.
WhadUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:21 PM   #6
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Lee,

I was looking at that thread of those Bride seats. I sell the knock offs at work for under $200 each. Not exactly like those posted so I didn't say anything.

If I were you I would find a local supplier that sells Sparco. Sparco has a new reclinable seat that came out this year called the Seinna (pic below).

Blue, Red, or Black

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: