Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-29-2004, 05:55 PM   #16
BMetal
3rd Gear Member

Talking

Only when he's eating other cars for breakfast!!!!

Oh, that was horrible.

I'm done.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:09 PM   #17
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEE$
Current automobile designs have reached an all-time low.

G$
997 porsche?
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 08:24 PM   #18
Ian Sheppard
2nd Gear Member

I'd take an E39 M5 over eitheir! It looks better, and I have to row the boat myself. The E60 is not pretty. I never thought I'd say it myself, but I think the benz looks better.
Ian Sheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 08:56 PM   #19
tifosi
5th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to tifosi Send a message via Skype™ to tifosi
Quote:
Oh I know they're different automobiles s-fing...I was simply showing where Mercedes(and BMW, & AUDI for that matter) have gone. I just had that pic readily available so I used an older merc for comparison sake.

I think they are all travelling in a downward spiral. They certainly aren't becoming classic sedans, again, only IMO.

G$
i think it's just me. but i see W210 E55 just an ordinary car. it doesn't have spectcular styling, nor performance, nor handling, nor power. and it's not like regular E-klasse chassis was good to begin with.

it sounds like you just can't monv on from the old stuff. that's all.
there's nothing bad about it though. at least i know part of me is like that too.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:58 PM   #20
tifosi
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover
M5 ownz, I told you people. Its the Best M5 yet. The way it combines technology, and sortiness with an everyday saloon is incredible. this car will eat pretty much anything(stock) on the track. And for all the 7 spd SMG haters, its fast, really fast...
the M5 is good alright. but it doesn't really matter if you can only lust it over magazine pictures, rather than actually driving in it.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:26 PM   #21
///MAC
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro

i dont like the shape of the benz... doesnt look to appealing
///MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 08:36 AM   #22
GEEE$
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman87
997 porsche?

For every 1 hit, there seem to be about 10+ misses. Sure the 997 is awesome, but it's still no 993(T).

You have the 645, the 997, the ferraris(less the enzo cuz that's not so gorgeous), the aston's, and and a couple of other high-end designs....that's about it.

Take a look at the new A4s, A6's, 5's, 3's, STI, Maxima, Q45, RX8 etc etc...they all seem to be going downhill in terms of design. There aren't too many dropdead gorgeous cars in the mid-range market.

G$
GEEE$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 08:41 AM   #23
GEEE$
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi
i think it's just me. but i see W210 E55 just an ordinary car. it doesn't have spectcular styling, nor performance, nor handling, nor power. and it's not like regular E-klasse chassis was good to begin with.

it sounds like you just can't monv on from the old stuff. that's all.
there's nothing bad about it though. at least i know part of me is like that too.

I am completely stuck in the classic european car era, no doubt about that. It doesn't mean I cannot appreciate an excellent design when it occurs, it's just not that common these days. They have a real hit with the 645, and the new Boxster S is going to be a slammer aswell.

There aren't too many cars that have been designed from this era, that will ever be called a classic.

G$
Old 11-30-2004, 09:12 AM   #24
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

Quote:
I am completely stuck in the classic european car era, no doubt about that. It doesn't mean I cannot appreciate an excellent design when it occurs, it's just not that common these days. They have a real hit with the 645, and the new Boxster S is going to be a slammer aswell.

There aren't too many cars that have been designed from this era, that will ever be called a classic.

G$
I dont feel the boxter S at all....
Old 11-30-2004, 09:17 AM   #25
GEEE$
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_POWER
I dont feel the boxter S at all....

I dig your own opinion, that's kool.

I think some opinions will change once it's seen in person. Many cars represent MUCH better in the flesh.

G$
Old 11-30-2004, 12:22 PM   #26
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi
the M5 is good alright. but it doesn't really matter if you can only lust it over magazine pictures, rather than actually driving in it.
You are absolutely correct. That's why, one day I will own an newer model M5, prolly wont be the Latest, or even brand new, but it'll be something to remember.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 01:19 PM   #27
tifosi
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover
You are absolutely correct. That's why, one day I will own an newer model M5, prolly wont be the Latest, or even brand new, but it'll be something to remember.
sorry, i think you misunderstood me a bit.

i meant M5 is no good at the moment since it's still a year away. so all of us can only lust over magazine picture instead of driving in it.
meanwhile i see AMG_POWER is enjoying his car...
Old 11-30-2004, 01:34 PM   #28
///MAC
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro

im liking the 645 like everyone has said... and the only new car i like is the new A8.. thats the only new car out of the bmw's benz and other mid to high range cars that i like...
///MAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: