Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-01-2002, 12:51 PM   #16
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
AARRRRRRRRRRG

OK LET ME EXPLAIN THIS VERY SIMPLE LIKE

6x9's over powering your front speakers is bad for imaging (sound stage). I hate 6x9's personally.

If your rear seats have a fold down arm rest in the middle then you can port it right there. Maybe some e30's do not have the fold down arm rest but mine does, and I know others do as well. When you fold down the arm rest it normally does not go through into the trunk. But it is very easy to fix that.

I have probably been typing for longer than you buddy, I don't see how my post is hard to understand.

Go to this page please http://www.inspar8r.bmwe30.net/index.html

"My modifications include: Polk Audio 5-1/4" component speakers with 1" tweeters in the upper corners of the windshield, Kenwood KDC-x917 eXelon head unit with motorized flip face, MTX 250W rms 4-Channel amp, an MTX digital Class D 500W rms 2-Channel amp. 2 12" Kicker CompVR subs in a sealed box, and i removed the rear deck speaker to improve soundstage and they act as ports to allow the subs to radiate into the interior through the rear deck. I also punched out the ski hole perforation with a rumber mallet."

Read the last line I ALSO PUNCHED OUT THE SKI HOLE PERFORATION WITH A RUBBER MALLET

I know what I am talking about if your car does not have it, sucks to be you

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 01:00 PM   #17
Tracer
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Tracer Send a message via AIM to Tracer
ROFL!!

Thats a nice site. My 6x9's will not over power my 5.25's. If they do, I will fade it to the front a little or whatever. I'm pretty sure that my 1" tweeters that I am having put in are going to be where a lot of the sound is comming from. Those things get so loud!! Thanks a lot for the help! I think I figured out why you have a ski hole and I dont. I think its because you have a 4 door, and mine is a two door. The 4 door has the armrest and stuff.

Thanks again,

Tracer
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 11:54 PM   #18
cohiba
1st Gear Newbie

Tracer

Ever consider adding a pair of 6 1/2 midbass drivers for the rear deck? It'll give your system more "kick", it'll make the system hit harder.

Dont put 6X9's for the rears, they wont fit, and you have to make new rear deck to make them fit. Too much of a hassle.

Let us know your system turns out.

BTW my E30 coupe doesn't have a fold down arm rest either.
cohiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 09:42 AM   #19
Tracer
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Tracer Send a message via AIM to Tracer

Thats for you BMW BMxer trying to tell me that I have an armrest when I DONT!!! J/K

Well I installed the 6x9's last night. I'll take pics of all of this stuff when I get it installed. They were not really that hard to install, we just bought a special piece for them. I'll show you guys in the pics after I get them!

Thanks for all of the advice.

Tracer
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: