Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-13-2004, 07:55 PM   #1
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to RevShoT
goofy dealership rules?

so couple months ago i took my car in to get services (water pump) im 19 i drive a ****in bmw, they tell me it will take 2 days, so i say can u get my a loaner so i can goto work, they say no sorry u must be 21 to drive our cars, i was like wtf u have my bmw, i want one to get to work, is there an insurance problem? they said no, dealer policy, so me being the stubborn person i decided to just say **** it, im towing my car to a local garage and i did

n e one else have this ****ed up shit going on?
RevShoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 08:00 PM   #2
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

good...wtf is the age restriction for....screw them man, i would've done the same !
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 08:01 PM   #3
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevShoT
so couple months ago i took my car in to get services (water pump) im 19 i drive a ****in bmw, they tell me it will take 2 days, so i say can u get my a loaner so i can goto work, they say no sorry u must be 21 to drive our cars, i was like wtf u have my bmw, i want one to get to work, is there an insurance problem? they said no, dealer policy, so me being the stubborn person i decided to just say **** it, im towing my car to a local garage and i did

n e one else have this ****ed up shit going on?
Jay,

Your only mistake is going to the dealership. They only care about the people that have big $. Not some young kid with a used BMW.......trust me I figured that out when I was looking for mine.

Solution: Take your BMW to Thorold Imports. You won't get a loaner but you will have saved yourself alot of money.
Old 11-13-2004, 08:03 PM   #4
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

and thats what i did, they do good work there!
Old 11-13-2004, 08:04 PM   #5
Jordan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to Jordan
Age speaks to your maturity level, and how responsible you are.

You obviously aren't very mature, coming on here whinning about how some dealership would not give you a car as a loaner. You are having a water pump swapped, which is a 2HOUR job to do yourself. Even if you were 21 they would likely deny a request for a loaner car. They save them for people getting real work done on there cars that wont have their car for a week or more.

-Jordan, who works in the service department at a dealership and laughs at people like you all day.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 08:10 PM   #6
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

dude u really are a dickhead eh, seriously every post i read from you have been nuthin bout negative, dont make another mystikal/revshot war
Old 11-13-2004, 08:20 PM   #7
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan
Age speaks to your maturity level, and how responsible you are.
Quote:
Jordan, who works in the service department at a dealership and laughs at people like you all day.
Nice post asshair.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg warning%20-%20moron%20posting.jpg (16.4 KB, 200 views)
Old 11-13-2004, 08:20 PM   #8
///m powered
dodging pylons

Send a message via AIM to ///m powered Send a message via MSN to ///m powered
No offense, but if the dealerships there are anything like they are here, I wouldn't take my car there even if you payed me haha.
Old 11-13-2004, 08:24 PM   #9
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

yeah i agree, plus the parts that need replacing always shouldnt be replace with faulty/ bad quality dealer parts ie: waterpumps, bushings, ball joints

it was my first break down, i wanted to go and get a full service inspection on my car.. but after the put downs and the were to good for you attitude i said **** it, its independent garages for me
Old 11-13-2004, 08:25 PM   #10
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

Quote:
You are having a water pump swapped, which is a 2HOUR job to do yourself. Even if you were 21 they would likely deny a request for a loaner car. They save them for people getting real work done on there cars that wont have their car for a week or more.
He is right about this though RevShot.
And it's the same at all dealerships, and no it isn't dealer policy just because they feel like it, it is an insurance policy.
And depending on the size of the dealer they probably only have a few cars as loaners, which like Jordan said, are saved for people with bigger problems.
FastM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 08:27 PM   #11
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

yeah i understand its a small job, but man i have to get to work, and they tell me i have to leave it with them for 2 days, i think i should be sumwhat helped out here.... i mean a 2 hour job for 2 days work?
Old 11-13-2004, 08:30 PM   #12
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevShoT
yeah i understand its a small job, but man i have to get to work, and they tell me i have to leave it with them for 2 days, i think i should be sumwhat helped out here.... i mean a 2 hour job for 2 days work?
I don't understand why they would say 2 days, unless you didn't make an appointment and if you did then they would of told you they are backed up for a day or two.
Either way, if your work is not that far from the dealer, they should of provided shuttle.
What dealership did you bring this in to?
Old 11-13-2004, 08:37 PM   #13
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

my car broke down about 30 min from the dealer, i called them next day about getting it fixed, i said i suspect waterpump, they said well call a tow truck and have it brought in, after work i went to the dealer and they said water pump is shot but it will be another 2 days before u can have it back becuase they are buisy, i asked for a loaner they said no i got mad called a tow truck and left,

what really pissed the guy off was he bit the bullet for the tow truck he said i have to pay the tow bill which was 120 bucks, i said no way cause i need my car done asap or a loaner they still said no so i left and didnt pay the bill
Old 11-13-2004, 08:50 PM   #14
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

So from the dealer to your work how long is the drive?

And which dealer?
Old 11-13-2004, 08:51 PM   #15
duffy325
4th Gear Member

I also am not "allowed" to get a loaner car at my dealership here for the same reason, despite the fact that I spent atleast 5g's there since I've owned my car. I also live an hour and a bit way and have to take a 2.5hr bus (lots of stops) to get home when my car is broken. But yesterday I turned 21 so no more excuses.
duffy325 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: