Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Wheels&Tires
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-06-2004, 02:48 AM   #1
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
Dunlop FM901

Some of you may notice the sudden advertisement for the FM901 tires in assorted import magazines. Well they'v been out for a long time, 4 years and counting in Japan, 3 years and couting in North America.

The tires size I run is 225/50/16 V-rated, 200 trade wear.

Good: Amazing initial bite, my best 60ft to date is 2.095 at the end of 1/4 is 14.65@93mph. The trades give you good and slow break-in characteristic when at limit, unlike Pilot SX I've had before. Great stability in wet, much much better than Pilot SX & Kuhmo's 712.

Bad: trade wear, they wear slighly faster than ideal but I run the car a lot in the 1/4 tracks, prize, the Yoko ES100 is slightly cheaper, its not as grippy as Azenis.

overal: I give it for an all around summer tire, I'd definetly buy them again for my show rims to have good dry/wet grip.
Old 11-06-2004, 02:49 AM   #2
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
forgot, for price comparison, I bought mine for $650 a set all incld.

I've heard people paid as much as $800 for same size

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: