Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-02-2004, 05:46 PM   #1
Mikester
7th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Mikester
body shop problem...

as some of you know, my car got broken into couple weeks ago at the guv...
on friday when i picked up the car from the shop, i noticed that the speedo and the fuel gauge do not work. also, the mileage doesnt go up (yes, yes... better resale value)... anyways, i called them up and they told me to come on monday.
so yesterday i drop off the car and go home... today i find out that the shop that was working on my dash was a GM dealer across the street from the body shop i brought my car to... they told him they dont know whats the problem and will not repair it. i pick it up today, go to the GM dealer and wait for 45 minutes while the asshole manager is just chilling, but he's saying he's busy (even though there were no people in his office and it didnt seem like he was doing very important work)..i went in and told him im the owner of the BMW they ****ed up, so he tells to wait outside.
i wait and wait and wait and then just go to the owner and explain the problem VERY politely. he says: you have to talk to the manager about it. so im like "ive been waiting for almost an hour and he doesnt tell me when he's done" so the owner goes: THIS CONVERSATION IS OVER! TALK ONLY TO HIM. i calmly leave his office and just enter the managers office and say: Listen, ive been waiting for almost an hour.. atleast tell me when you can talk to me, cause i have a busy schedule. so he tells me he's on the phone.. so i ask him: when do you think you gonna finish and be able to talk to me? 5 minutes? 20 minutes? 2 hours? He just says "I dont know" and gives me a "YOU CANT DO SHIT, BUDDY" look.
so i dont know what to do and im exploding to the point i wanna throw a chair at this **** cause not only they ****ed up my car and tell me to take it to BMW and pay for it, they basically told me to **** off.
there were enough witnesses in the dealership ( even though they agreed with me ), but it wouldnt be good to go crazy in there, cause the popo would come.
so i just yell at him, slam the door and told him "youre in big trouble, shithead" and leave. i was driving home boiling, and the worker at Carstar (the 1st body shop) calls and tells me they called him and threatened to sue me. I told him i dont really care and he can go ahead and try, but he was like: dont worry about it... these guys are real assholes and they gave me a hard time too... we'll just send it to the BMW dealer and we'll pay for it.
i would honestly pay for this, but it pisses me off when people are so inconsiderate..and even though Carstar took the car there, i dont want them to let it go and pay for it..
so my question is: can i somehow LEGALLY screw the other shop up??

Last edited by Mikester; 11-02-2004 at 05:50 PM.
Mikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 05:59 PM   #2
SebSter
6th Gear Member

This is exactly why im gonna be going to law school after my degree.

I dont wanna put up with bullshit like this from anybody. Good luck man, hope you figure something out.

Old car 1990 325ix. Current car 2000 540i.
SebSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 06:07 PM   #3
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Silverman helps
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 06:18 PM   #4
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Just to start off that the dealership was totaly wrong on how they treated you.

BUT!

You should have brought that car to a known BMW mechanic or a BMW dealership. GM has enough problems keeping their own cars on the road (I know since my fiance has an '02 CRAPalier)...never mind them actually trying to figure out a BMW.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:33 PM   #5
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

seriously mikester....go to http://www.pulse24.com/News_Features...8-002/page.asp and e-mail silverman helps..u never know he might just take the case and show it on tv then we can all watch the bastards get owned

Last edited by Understated; 11-02-2004 at 06:37 PM.
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 08:28 PM   #6
Mikester
7th Gear Member

wasnt ME who took it to the GM dealer... it was the body shop that the insurance sent me to (cause theyre paying for damage)..... now neither the insurance company nor the body shop know what to do about the GM people.... but ill try to figure something out....
i dont know if the pulse guy will actually help, cause ive seen him do more serious cases...
i remember a while ago someone on max was saying you can complain somewhere if theres a business that is ran very poorly... anyone remembers?
Old 11-02-2004, 09:13 PM   #7
windwagen
6th Gear Member

The losers at Markham Jeep pissed me off when they charged me for an AC repair on my Jeep that only lasted a few days. I'll skip the details, but I had a plan for revenge that I never acted upon. Arson and dynamite may have been to extreme (and criminal). The best plan was to return when things calmed down. Pretend that I was interested in the fanciest New POS on the lot, and take it for a test drive. When I get back to the lot, I either lose control, or leave it in gear and bail ensuring that the car drives right into the showroom!

I don't know how these people can operte that way..they SUCK! not that the people at T&C BMW are much better!

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:57 PM   #8
Slowered318
Stuck in the 90's

Service business these days is getting really bad... everywhere you go they don't give a crap about you! they'll tell you off, push you around, make you chase around to fix problems they cause and never ever will they give you a discount because of all the hassles they caused you.

one of these days i'm gonna pull a "falling down"
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 10:07 PM   #9
///MsAniTy
6th Gear Member

go for a test drive with one of the cars and ****in rip it too hell man. take out any of their cars n rip it to hell. burn the tires off ye ye. the ppl at dodge over charged my dad a bunch of times so i went test drove the srt-4 and murdered it n i intend to do so again in a few months.
///MsAniTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 10:28 PM   #10
Mikester
7th Gear Member

lol, good ideas but i dont wanna murder the CAR...
Old 11-02-2004, 10:44 PM   #11
Alezone
Capitalism

go back there, test drive the fanciest sh!t, and take it into mud road... make sure you get stuck and go home, leave the manager there with the car.

PORSCHE 981
Alezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:31 PM   #12
SebSter
6th Gear Member

youre talking about the better business bureau i think.. where you can report businesses that treat you like shit n **** around with you.. but chances are it will be too complicated and not worth your time.

best bet is just find out where that manager lives, and a carton of eggs.

Old 11-02-2004, 11:44 PM   #13
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
small claims!
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:46 PM   #14
SebSter
6th Gear Member

^^ you'd lose more money and time tied up in court than you would end up making.. and the company knows that, thats why they can afford treating their customers like that

you gotta be rly devoted to actually take them to court

Old 11-03-2004, 07:51 AM   #15
Mikester
7th Gear Member

maybe i should go test drive the new C6... the problem is: they know me now

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: