Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Videos and Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-01-2004, 02:57 PM   #1
trev0006
Banned

Too much power CRASH

Too much power CRASH save as..
trev0006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 07:14 PM   #2
03 Dinan 3
3rd Gear Member

I never knew that you could have too much power...
Old 11-02-2004, 08:12 AM   #3
ChahalzBMR
6th Gear Member

Is it the power or the crappy handling of a mustang?
97' Jetta - Sold
2006 Ford Freestyle - Sold
Looking for a E46 (00-04)

Steve
ChahalzBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 08:34 AM   #4
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChahalzBMR
Is it the power or the crappy handling of a mustang?

a little from colume A & a little from colume B

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:52 AM   #5
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
I think any car would have crappy handling while the front wheels are off the ground, and while accelerating hard.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:14 AM   #6
1BADRIDE
TECHGURU

Send a message via MSN to 1BADRIDE
Mustangs don't handle well when the driver is incapable of adjusting their driving style to the type of vehicle they are in. Don't blame a car for driver stupidity.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:23 AM   #7
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADRIDE
Mustangs don't handle well when the driver is incapable of adjusting their driving style to the type of vehicle they are in. Don't blame a car for driver stupidity.
Have you ever been in a car that launches there front wheel in 1st 2nd and 3rd pal. I have. It has nothing to do with driver. All you can do is keep the front wheels straight so when it drop you dont lose it. You pray that both rear wheels grip at the same time because if one does lose the slightest bit traction you are screwed when the car drops to the ground
Old 11-02-2004, 11:29 AM   #8
jmax325
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jmax325
agree with greek both rear wheels haveto be the exact same pressure with 1/tenth. otherwise one wheels will be larger than the other and you will steer away from the large wheel.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the week through the valley of darkness. For he is truly his brothers' keeper and the finder of lost children, and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who atempt to poison and destroy my brothers and you will know that my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
jmax325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:36 AM   #9
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmax325
agree with greek both rear wheels haveto be the exact same pressure with 1/tenth. otherwise one wheels will be larger than the other and you will steer away from the large wheel.
thanks jmax325. Pal it was a 1969 Camaro. It was a gorgeous car. 2 brothers owned this car. It had 900hp on the motor alone and a 3 stage nitrous set-up at 250hp shot each stage for a total of 1650hp !!! I have never shit my pants so heavily before in my entire life. Got back into my car and felt like I was driving a pinto !!!!!
Old 11-02-2004, 11:38 AM   #10
jmax325
2nd Gear Member

Cool

thers nothing like a couple thousand hp to put things into perspective
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the week through the valley of darkness. For he is truly his brothers' keeper and the finder of lost children, and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who atempt to poison and destroy my brothers and you will know that my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:41 AM   #11
jmax325
2nd Gear Member

if you ever get enough gumption to say that your car is the fastest thing that ever rolled off the assembly line just take a ride in a F-18 super hornet. everything after that will be just another car!
Old 11-02-2004, 11:43 AM   #12
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
thers nothing like a couple thousand hp to put things into perspective

All I can remember how how blue the sky was. LOL and by the time I knew it, it was over.

That day without me in the car of coarse the car ran its fastest time ever. 7.72 @ 182mph !!!!
Old 11-02-2004, 11:44 AM   #13
jmax325
2nd Gear Member

thats freakin sick dude
Old 11-02-2004, 12:11 PM   #14
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
thats freakin sick dude

Yeah it was at Cayuga and we where literally right behind him when he launched. The track was rented by them for test and tune. When he launch I swear it was like a bomb went off in the pit and the car was throw down the track. LOL

INCREDIBLE !!!!!
Old 11-02-2004, 01:24 PM   #15
1BADRIDE
TECHGURU

Send a message via MSN to 1BADRIDE
7's!!! DAAAMN.

Dude, driver DOES matter - even moreso when the fronts are off the ground. It's about clutch control and power application. I've seen fools try to steer with the wheels in the air. In this case, it is improper power application. Some fool decided it's all about "pedal to the metal and pop the clutch".

In the vid, you can see that the right rear seems to collapse when the car starts going out of control. In a stang (at least), you need to inflate the right rear tire a tiny bit more than the left side to compensate for loading.

In any car over 700whp, it's all about GETTING THE POWER DOWN smoothly and evenly. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE DRIVER AT THOSE POWER LEVELS.

I would MUCH rather drop my car and risk thousands in damage rather than kiss the wall and lose everything, possibly even my life.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: