Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-23-2002, 02:21 AM   #1
cohiba
1st Gear Newbie

Your Alpine deck wont have enough power to really push the B A to their full potential, always better to run a amp with components. I run my OZ Audio component set with a Alpine 50x4amp. B A makes great speakers.
cohiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 04:21 AM   #2
SickFinga

my bro got boston acoustics rc in his neon and they are wicked, I picked up Boston Acoustics Pro for my car for back and front and still didn't installe them.

BTW: when I finally decide to install my audio, BS PROs will be powered by Rockford Fosgate Power 750x.
So you should consider some more power than deck amp for these. Also if get those get PRO SERIES.

I aslo have 2 BA PRO subs.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 01:59 PM   #3
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

my cuzin doesnt have BA, but he has Infinity....they r SWEET! he has these MTX subs...they can push 1500watts each...and trust me....i push his system to the limit when im in there....he has the jbl amp pumping 1000watts (500watts each sub) and shit his spoiler is about the fall off....and the sound is extremely clear! look around too, dont be set on 1 brand becuz u might like another 1 better.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 05:40 PM   #4
'88 325e
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
....he has the jbl amp pumping 1000watts (500watts each sub) and shit his spoiler is about the fall off....and the sound is extremely clear!
Look at this puppy I plan on picking up! Memphis Audio 1000D sub amp. This thing can pump out 1100 watts in mono! I think that I will have to do a sweet single sub system for the E30 over the winter!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1000d.jpg (76.4 KB, 78 views)

Randy(empowerd), Kevin(straight_6), and I (Dave aka:'88 325e) started up Bimmercruize '01. Bimmercruize '02 is on Sunday August 11th! So if you need details about the show please contact us!
L8R,
Dave
'88 325e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 05:49 PM   #5
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

get 2 subs man!
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 06:08 PM   #6
'88 325e
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
get 2 subs man!
Why? I don't need a huge system in my cars anymore (man i'm starting to sound like an old guy). Slows the car down. Besides I would rather build a Sound Q system anyways.

Randy(empowerd), Kevin(straight_6), and I (Dave aka:'88 325e) started up Bimmercruize '01. Bimmercruize '02 is on Sunday August 11th! So if you need details about the show please contact us!
L8R,
Dave
'88 325e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 02:13 AM   #7
Tracer
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Tracer Send a message via AIM to Tracer
kew

I was actually just looking at the bostons the other day. They had great mids and highs......much brighter sounding than the JL or the Fosgates. I almost bought them until I went to another car stereo shop and bought the Kenwood Excelon Componts. I bought one set of them, and in the back deck my dad made custom spots for a set of the Kenwood Excelon 6x9's. We are going to get them to install everything I got on friday. New Kenwood CD Player, xtant amp running two JL W0's. I bought two Xtant amps that day, one for my mids and highs, and one for my subs. They guy said my system is going to be very loud LoL! I would reccomend looking at the kenwoods, but the bostons are VERY nice also. But if you do get either set........get a nice 4 channel amp and hook it up to them. Having a set of speakers under powered is way worse on them then having to much power. Plus you can always turn the power down if needed.

I bought the XTANT A4004 amp, and i'll let you know how it sounds after this weekend.

http://www.xtant.com/html/products/a4004.cfm

Hope this helps.

Tracer
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 09:45 AM   #8
NickP

I'm running 6.5" boston acoustic rc's in the front. They fit into the stock speaker opening, no cutting required . I only had to run a couple of washers between the speaker and the kickpanel to give the diaphragm some extra clearance.
NickP is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: