Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-28-2004, 01:14 AM   #1
RO-bemve
2nd Gear Member

any other gas stations except sunoco to get 93+oct gas?

The nearest sunoco to my house is about 25mins away and I got the new MarkD chip which only uses 93octane so I was wondering if theres any other gas station. Or could i buy 91 then use octane boosters?

thanks

Last edited by RO-bemve; 10-28-2004 at 01:28 AM.
RO-bemve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 01:18 AM   #2
Gianpaolo_E46
6th Gear Member

shell maybe? i know esso's highest is 91, petro canda is 92 i believe
Gianpaolo_E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 01:31 AM   #3
RO-bemve
2nd Gear Member

edit: 93+ sry
RO-bemve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 03:26 AM   #4
takeshi
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DOT_BIMMER
shell maybe? i know esso's highest is 91, petro canda is 92 i believe
petro canada is 91 esso is 92 I'm pretty sure

-shell is bad, don't use it. dirty, and the company itself is in financial trouble recently, there's a rumor that ferrari is switching to sinopec after next year
takeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 04:16 AM   #5
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

Shell has the best and cleanest gas...everything I have that uses gas runs Shell exclusively. The only thing wrong with them is that their octane is only 91- and it jams fuel gauges on american cars (which I think is the auto manufacturers fault for using crappy units).

Sinopec is Shell in China. I dun think Ferrari is pissed of at Shell...they just won another world championship with their fuel in the tank...what more can they ask for?

Esso is the worst gas...and where is the Toyota F1 team???

Last edited by M3ti Compact; 10-28-2004 at 04:48 AM.
M3ti Compact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 06:23 AM   #6
aristo
2nd Gear Member

i believe that the shell here isn't comparable to the us or european counterpart because they don't make 94 ocatane here... the best gas right now is pretty much sunoco or pioneer, theyve got 93 octane but the one near my house changed from 93 to 91 ?
aristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 07:18 AM   #7
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally Posted by aristo
i believe that the shell here isn't comparable to the us or european counterpart because they don't make 94 ocatane here... the best gas right now is pretty much sunoco or pioneer, theyve got 93 octane but the one near my house changed from 93 to 91 ?
I every pioneer I have been too changed to 91, including the one 5 minutes from my house, now I have to drive 20 minutes to get gas at the nearest Sunoco. I'm hoping they're only switching to 91 for the winter or something.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 08:29 AM   #8
app
5th Gear Member

Pioneers here too all switched out of 93 to now 91.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:35 AM   #9
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
here's the breakdown on gas companys

Petro - the only good gas they have is the winter gas, summer gas sucks,
sulpher rating is average, sulpher contant 250ppm

Esso - dirty gas, not refined properly, other than the dirt it's alright, sulpher
is average, sulpher contant 250ppm

Shell - highest sulpher rating out of all the gas companies in Canada, very bad for european cars, causes sensor failure, sulpher contant 450ppm

Sunoco - gas is pretty clean, lowest sulpher rating, sulpher contant 200ppm

I have a very good reliable source for this info, I know people working in their HO of these gas companies, nothing but Sunoco 94 has been in my tank

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It

Last edited by Quack; 10-28-2004 at 09:39 AM.
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 10:58 AM   #10
thinair
moderationistismingly

I just pulled this off the Pioneer website.

"If you're looking for Magnum 93, please be advised that due to refinery distribution and availability concerns we have discontinued the sale of Magnum fuel.
We appreciate your understanding."

In other words, Sunoco seems like it's the only gas in Ontario to get anything better then 91. Luckily my car is programmed for 93 or better . There are a lot of Sunoco's lying around also, which is good, but I still keep two bottles of octane booster in my spare tire well just in case.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."

Last edited by thinair; 10-28-2004 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:27 AM   #11
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

I could have sworn Esso had 93. Could be wrong, but I was sure of it. Maybe years ago or something.

You have an E30, do what I do. I'm running the 93/94 MarkD chip you're looking at getting. I just keep the stock one in the ashtray. If you ever really get stuck, swap the stock one back in (you get faster at this every time) and run 87. I can swap chips in under 3 mins probably, you can do it.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 11:38 AM   #12
duffy325
4th Gear Member

I guess maybe Im an idiot but I have a MarkD chip and use 91 octane, as it is the highest octane avialable in NS. My Dinan chip was for 91 so I just assumed MarkD's would be the same.

Maybe I should just PM Mark and ask, but will continuing to use 91 be okay, or should I be using an octane boost product to make up for the difference?
duffy325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 11:41 AM   #13
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

His regular chips are 91 designed, but we're talking about a special series he did for the M20B25 motor. Really advanced the timing, so anything less than 93 WILL ping (we tried it).

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 11:47 AM   #14
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
I could have sworn Esso had 93. Could be wrong, but I was sure of it. Maybe years ago or something.
That was a while ago, I remember that too. I too keep my stock chip in my glovebox, just in case. Octane booster is faster though
Old 10-28-2004, 11:52 AM   #15
///MAC
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro

isnt shell coming out with a higher better 93 octane... or is it just me... its on their commercial lately
///MAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: