Originally Posted by M3ti Compact
Wouldn't BMW's be hard to steal? With the double lock, and electronic key an all...
not really. there are lots of ways around this.
1) cut a small hole to the bottom left of the door handle. since the window is up, you will have direct access to the unlock lock plug. send a 12V current to this and everything unlocks.
2) break into the trunk first and cut the battery. goodbye alarm.
3) I posted a while back how the microchips in these keys work and how to get around them. it's only a small resistor in there. You can get a universal key which tries out different resistors to get around this.
4) disable the battery and tow the car away or flatbed it away.
5) get a copy of your key... not very difficult if you know the VIN and have the right contacts. There are a few at a certain BMW dealership in Toronto who will give you a key to any VIN BMW for the right price. Names will stay anonymous.
... etc. etc.