Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Suspension & Brakes
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-16-2004, 06:14 PM   #1
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
E36 M3 Hartge Suspension for trade.

Looking to swap Hartge Suspension for stock M3 suspension.

Includes

Hartge springs
Hartge front and rear dampers
Hartge front and rear adjustable sway bars

Parts are from a '94 Eurospec M3, less than 2 years old.

Selling for a friend, he is asking $1000 + trade.

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 09:44 PM   #2
ClayMan
6th Gear Member

Do you have the specs on those sways? Are they strut or control arm mounted? How thick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotechnica
Looking to swap Hartge Suspension for stock M3 suspension.

Includes

Hartge springs
Hartge front and rear dampers
Hartge front and rear adjustable sway bars

Parts are from a '94 Eurospec M3, less than 2 years old.

Selling for a friend, he is asking $1000 + trade.

Bry
ClayMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 09:46 PM   #3
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayMan
Do you have the specs on those sways? Are they strut or control arm mounted? How thick?
Don't have the specs, but you can check them out if you want. It's mounted on the car. Strut mounted, it's from an M3 remember?
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Old 10-19-2004, 03:05 PM   #4
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

30mm front, 24mm rear. Those are approximate figures.

Old 10-19-2004, 03:06 PM   #5
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Welcomming all offers. Need this swap done this week!

Trade for stock M3 suspension, springs, dampers, sways.

Hartge full suspension suspension purchased from Raven.

Old 10-19-2004, 07:37 PM   #6
ClayMan
6th Gear Member

30mm front? That's huge! Doesn't that understeer like mad?? (unless it's control arm-mounted...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotechnica
30mm front, 24mm rear. Those are approximate figures.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:04 PM   #7
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
30mm front? That's huge! Doesn't that understeer like mad?? (unless it's control arm-mounted...)
It's not huge for an M3. Keep in mind these are approximate measurements. It's still on the car! We just measured it using a measuring tape. Plus, you can't really compare sway bars directly, because a lot of them are designed differently than OEM ones which means the thicknesses are negligable. 24mm in the rear is also huge, so it pretty much balances out. You'll just have a very hard riding suspension.

That's the whole point of having them adjustable.

Old 10-19-2004, 09:45 PM   #8
ClayMan
6th Gear Member

So they are adjustable then? How do they ride/handle?

Stock M3 is 23mm/20mm (front/rear) and is already tuned for understeer, which is why I was a little shocked when I read that the front is larger by 7mm and the rear by 4mm... (Of course I do not know how adjustable they are)
Old 10-19-2004, 09:51 PM   #9
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
So they are adjustable then? How do they ride/handle?

Stock M3 is 23mm/20mm (front/rear) and is already tuned for understeer, which is why I was a little shocked when I read that the front is larger by 7mm and the rear by 4mm... (Of course I do not know how adjustable they are)
My current sway bars are 28mm front and 21mm rear. I still get oversteer. So like I said before the thickness of the sway doesn't mean anything because they aren't the same shape/material as the OEM sway bars. You can only compare them if the aftermarket sway bar is the same shape and material as the OEM bar.

If you are really interested. Call me and we can arrange a time for you to look at them and even try them if possible.

Bry

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: