Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-05-2004, 03:13 PM   #1
GEEE$
4th Gear Member

E34 540i6 performance upgrades??

W.O.R.D

Hey peeps...I'm currently looking for a couple of items/upgrades for my bish, but it's proving to be quite a task.

What I seek is:

850csi/750iL/M5 front Callipers, or complete kit if possible
OEM clutch (new)
FSTB (new or used)
Brullen/Scorpion/B&B exhaust (new or used)
Wood-grain SHIFTER piece (good condition)
Some form of CAI, with a heat shield (dinan, gruppe m)

Any other upgrades for this beast that people aren't mentioning on the boards? I have Mark-o-nator's chip.

What upgrades are other 6spd M60 owners using on their machines?

What about:

Intake
Cams
Pistons/Rods
Larger MAF
Short Throw Shifter
Crank
Larger Throttle Body
Port & Polishing of the head
Pulleys

Is there a database, or some form of writeup which identifies what parts from the M5 fit directly onto an E34 540i6? No theories, just facts please. There are too many "yeah I'm sure it fits on there", or "I'm ALMOST 100% sure..." Very scary words when you're talking about your own money.

Thanks in advance for any input.

G
GEEE$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 03:49 PM   #2
Bruno
4th Gear Member

ok, time for a supercharger kit from ESS.
You can also remove the clutch delay valve.
And if you are doing the clutch you can add a Z8 shifter and new shifter links.

There isn't any engine parts are are swappable from the M5 and 540i. And you probably don't want the suspension of the M5.

Depending on your budget you can do pretty much anything you want on the engine. You can drop it to an engine tuner and give him 10 000 Cdn then you will probably have a great racing engine with tons of HP... IT is all about how much you want to spend.

What is your upgrade budget? Get the 850i callipers you won't regret it.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 04:03 PM   #3
GEEE$
4th Gear Member

Bruno...

Thanks for the input. I have looked into the ESS kit, but I'm not there financially at the moment. In addition, I would go custom turbo over S/C any day of the week, for the infinite tuning capabilities.

With regards to the Z8 shifter you mentioned, what's the price on something like that Z8 part? I'm assuming that would cost a shizer-load no? The Z3 or 4 maybe doable...but Z8? Any idea of the cost, and percentage of shorter throw compared to the stock shifter unit?

What does removing the clutch delay valve do precisely?

I definitely don't want the suspension of the M5, but if a larger throttle body, or MAF could be had, then there might be potential gain. I dunno, I haven't checked the two out side by side to declare differences so all bets are off.

I'm not interested in dropping the car off anywhere for a major engine upgrade/overhaul...just some bolt-ons that will improve an area of my car.

I just sold my S14 M3, so I'm definitely no stranger to bimmers, and performance automobiles.

Thanks again man.

hang10,

G
GEEE$ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: