Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-28-2004, 03:06 AM   #1
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Thumbs down Got ticket for U turn !

So I was at Broadview and Bloor around 1 am. I could not find parking for pizza pizza so just before I hit on the bridge I made a U turn. I am back at intersection and a cop shows me with finger to stop right there. He comes out :

Me: Hi
PIg : hi

pig : Registration and insurance please ,(I think he said drivers lic first.)

pig: Please step out from the car.

Me: I honestly did not see no u turn sign...

After 20 Minutes he comes outta car with 90 bakz ticket and 2 points.

Pig : You got 15 days to make dessision what to do.

Me : Thank you sir .

lol could it get worse or beta? madafaken eating in pizzzza pizzzzaaa.....

My guestion is: can i go to court and If I go what to say? Maybe if I go and pay they wont take any points? I made a turn right before entering the bidge..... Any advice is welcome.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 03:08 AM   #2
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

I thought a U Turn was illegal anywhere...not where there is a sign saying not to do it.
FastM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 03:08 AM   #3
SickFinga

go to court, you might get your points off, but still end up with a fine and higher insurance rate.

your only chance is a good lawyer or cop wont show up.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 03:09 AM   #4
///m powered
dodging pylons

Send a message via AIM to ///m powered Send a message via MSN to ///m powered
lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg obeythelaw.jpg (17.7 KB, 142 views)
Old 09-28-2004, 03:11 AM   #5
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta
I thought a U Turn was illegal anywhere...not where there is a sign saying not to do it.

U-turns prohibited

143. No driver or operator of a vehicle upon a highway shall turn the vehicle so as to proceed in the opposite direction when,

(a) upon a curve where traffic approaching the vehicle from either direction cannot be seen by the driver of the vehicle within a distance of 150 metres;

(b) on a railway crossing or within 30 metres of a railway crossing;

(c) upon an approach to or near the crest of a grade where the vehicle cannot be seen by the driver of another vehicle approaching from either direction within 150 metres; or

(d) within 150 metres of a bridge, viaduct or tunnel where the driverís view is obstructed within such distance. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 143.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:21 AM   #6
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
That pizza pizza place has no parking at all ,I think it's more for walk ins. Also the cop was talking on his phone all the time,He kinda hides it down not to be so visible. Pure mofo. I bet you he walks in the car back and says F___ imigrants hahaha 1000% true. Oh btw I know this lawyer Miles Obradovich and my father is good his friend ,I will call him when I get up in the morning. Maybe it's also good idea to postpone the court dates ..... Thanks a lot for help.

Last edited by lvan; 09-28-2004 at 03:24 AM.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 03:24 AM   #7
SickFinga

You dont need a lawyer to postpone a court date, just ask your buddy to go to court for you and tell them that you couldnt make it. They will postpone it, np.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:44 AM   #8
crazyvadim
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to crazyvadim
I always look around for cops when i make U turns,i cant deal with going around the block.....way too stupid.
I remeber couple of years ago when i just got the M5 i made a U turn with my whole rear end sliding with smoke all over......while im doing it i see blue and red lights go on.Luckily it was a undercover and they dont like to write tickets to often,the undercover asked me if it was neccessary to make such a U turn......i told him "officer i just got this car,its very powerful,i just wanted to grab the parking spot before anyone else did"
All he did was tell me be carefull and nice car.
crazyvadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 09:06 AM   #9
JFD
2nd Gear Member

So what made him a pig?

Attitudes like yours is what makes it worse for the scene in general.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:25 AM   #10
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
In that case he wasn't a pig. but in the other 95% of pull-overs they all are pigs. they have this attitude... they think they're better than u. kindof like the pigs from the satire "animal farm".

stupid highschool dropout... if ur getting robbed, they're sure not to be there... if u make a rolling stop in the middle of the night in some deserted intersection... they're sure to be there. useless.

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 11:42 AM   #11
JFD
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A~G
In that case he wasn't a pig. but in the other 95% of pull-overs they all are pigs. they have this attitude... they think they're better than u. kindof like the pigs from the satire "animal farm".

stupid highschool dropout... if ur getting robbed, they're sure not to be there... if u make a rolling stop in the middle of the night in some deserted intersection... they're sure to be there. useless.

Why do you think they have an attitude already..let's face it, the scene isn't helping anything...you have attitudey punks driving similar cars, when they get pulled over, they're mouthy.

There is NO reason to be mouthy, rude, attitudey, obnoxious to a cop if you got pulled over.

It's just gotten to the point where they dish out first now cuz they expect it.

It's only going to get worse.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:38 PM   #12
digiital
5th Gear Member

Go to court. Tell them that the sign wasn't in french. so you didn't know that you couldn't a u-turn.
digiital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 02:00 PM   #13
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

What the hell? You made an illegal manoeuvre and you got a ticket for it. Insulting the officer in any way or assuming he hates immigrants (that's not likely, Toronto is insanely multicultural) just shows how ignorant you are.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:35 PM   #14
A~G
Car Payment Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFD
Why do you think they have an attitude already..let's face it, the scene isn't helping anything...you have attitudey punks driving similar cars, when they get pulled over, they're mouthy.

There is NO reason to be mouthy, rude, attitudey, obnoxious to a cop if you got pulled over.

It's only going to get worse.

I agree with u that being rude etc won't help the situation... its best to keep ur mouth shut and show some 'respect',,, as hard as it is.

A~G

Old 09-28-2004, 02:40 PM   #15
A~G
Car Payment Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFD

Thats complete B.S. seriously. so WTF... I work at customer service... U think i'm allowed to 'dish it out first' just cuz i 'expect it'... no way. Cops are getting paid alot to put up with stuff like that. they have no right to 'dish it out first'... ITS THEIR JOB.

Obviously if the person getting pulled over is an asshole u can expect the cop to be a jerk. but if i get pulled over.. the cop better not be an asshole for no reason other than 'he expects it, so he'll just 'dish it out first'...(which is the case most of the time, cuz we have too many cops on powertrips...)

A~G

Last edited by A~G; 09-28-2004 at 02:43 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: