Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-24-2004, 11:23 AM   #1
DunDan
3rd Gear Member

Thumbs down HELP! Hard disk drive failed

I am having a nervous breakdown. My Western Digital 250G SATA MBR corrupted last night and lost all my partitions. I tried Windows FIXMBR and FIXBOOT. Are there any data recovery programs somebody can suggest?

My advice to everyone *BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!*
Old 09-24-2004, 11:31 AM   #2
rhythm
3rd Gear Member

The partition is gone? Then I think you are out of luck. If you are knowledgable about computers you can try a cd boot disk to see if the disk is still accessable. I use knoppix ( http://www.knoppix.com/ ) its a bootable linux OS. You can check out if your information is still accessable (HDA1 usually). If that is too much, try and get someone with SATA to install your drive on their computer and see if anything is still around.

One of my Seagate SATA 160gb drives in my raid 0 array failed. It makes a nice loud clicking noise. Back up your stuff! Especially onto removable media. Portable hard drives are just as likely to fail, if not more likely.
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 11:38 AM   #3
Ryousuke
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ryousuke Send a message via AIM to Ryousuke
thats why I hate anything over 120GB ... if I loose one of my 120gb drives then its not as much data lost as 160+ ....
Ryousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 12:47 PM   #4
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Send a message via MSN to MP328
if tha partitions are gone but the drive is still visible there is still a chance that u can recover that. there is a few programs out there that will do it.

i had the same thing happen to me and almost lost all my mp3's 15GB of them, but i used this program GETDATABACK and worked just fine for me. i got everthing back.

here u go the torrent for it. hope u know how to use it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip GetDataBack__for__NTFS.zip (590 Bytes, 12 views)
MP328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 01:22 PM   #5
DunDan
3rd Gear Member

Thumbs up I'm back

Thanks for the help guys. I successfully recovered most of my data but it took forever and along with alot of finger-crossing.

And again: Take a minute to think of what you need if your harddrive were to fail right now and make a copy somewhere.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: