Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-13-2002, 10:47 AM   #46
Carlo
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
There's an '87 M3 with rims for $19,000 It is stock. My car is defenitly not stock.....just to do the 2.5 conversion costs around $12,000 with camshafts as well,plus the suspension,wheels, etc etc....E30 M3's are in high demand right now...
That gray M3 in the trader is also a euro spec!!! and he's asking $19,000, still much lower that $25,000!!!
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 11:45 AM   #47
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Personally since I don't have money to blow on maintainence, I would sell the M3 right away. The E30 M3 is a very high maintainence car, and added its a stroker engine too, which means more frequent engine rebuilds if your prepared for that.

I know E30 M3's are one of the best BMW's ever made, but if you don't drive the M3 the way its intended to be driven (track it, redline the thing, etc.) you should sell it. If you just like blasting at 130mph on the highway why not just get a rev happy little 4 banger Honda?

Honestly no one in their right mind would pay more money for a stroker engine. If I were the buyer I would be afriad of buying any car with that type of modifications. I would want the M3 to be just as reliable or even more than stock. So about the car being worth more than stock? Forget about it, I say your lucky to get whats being offered in the auto trader.

If I owned any sort of high performance car I would make sure to drive the hell out of the thing, what else is the point of owning one? Just to show off and look cool? f*ck that. Seriously, sell it! You won't regret it no matter what. Once my 318's suspension and chassis is race prepped, I'm going to be spending way more time at the tracks.

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Last edited by Autotechnica; 07-13-2002 at 11:53 AM.
Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 02:10 PM   #48
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Man I see shit like this everyday, people giving up things they love for money.

Money is not everything, it is alot but not everything. Yes you were offered a lot of money more than the car is worth maybe (id unno), but is that amount of money worth it to you to never see your M3 again? You said that when you bought it you never intended to sell it, then why change your mind now. Money can come and go, but why comprimise what you really want for money, if you really want the car by all means keep it, its not liek your broke now is it? Or its not like you where planning to sell your car anyway.

Sure yes u could buy a condo can all the work, time, money, and fun youve had driving your car worth a box with a door and a few windows (allbeit could be a very very nice box)?

Your ride is sick, if I had it it would take more than money for me to sell it, the enjoyment of the car would have to be gone, once something is not enjoyable why keep it, if you don;t enjoy having your m3 anymore sell it to that guy.

Now sure I can talk like I wouldn't sell the car now, but I have never seen that much green, but anyway what do I know Im just 17...

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 04:22 PM   #49
hawai-Ian
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by djcontra

actually i wasn't intending to be negative, i'm sorry it came off that way.
nope of course not you.

some ppl just need to soak up some sun and have fun. are they havin fun? noooooooo! *devil*

slam bimmers not ppl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: