Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-11-2002, 04:08 PM   #31
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to GR8 Ride
Quote:
Originally posted by ROB89M3
Thanks for all your opinions!! I truly appreciate it!!

Bad Karma-,why do you always think I'm bullshitting?? Why would I waste my time starting a thread like this?? Yes I was offered $25,000 for it...why would I be lying?? Give me a break..

Hmm...could be because you have a history of being a bullshitter....so why wouldn't I call you on it?

Hmm...let's see. The one about you going *racing* for the weekend...the comments about your *260* (cough, cough) HP motor....etc. Comments about driving 130 kph at Bathurst and Finch, during the day, and almost rear-ending another car.

I stand by my point: the guy who is *offering* you $25,000 for your car is either fictional, or a complete idiot.

Pat
GR8 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 04:19 PM   #32
Furious
BMW again.

take the MONEY!,, that is an awesome deal,, sure you lose something you love, but you can buy something even better!,, i also like your parents plan,, that is a sound plan to try to pull off. good luck in whatever you do.
///mark
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 05:16 PM   #33
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bad-Karma
Let's remember one thing Rob. Asking price, and final selling price are two VERY different things.

Guys selling E30 M3s and asking $18-19G often end up selling the car (once a decent mechanic has looked at it...) for sub $15G numbers.

The suspension you've put in represents minimal bonus in buying it, as it's a *hacked* coil-over setup, and not a true coilover rig like the Groupe N or the Ground Control setup with AD shocks.

Suspensions don't generally add much value ($$$ wise) into the resale value of a car, unless you're selling the car to a driving school junkie / Club racer. And your suspension isn't something any club racer would look at, so it's essentially zero gain there as well.

Hartge wheels are ok, but not a big selling factor, given that you've had essentially ZERO success in attempting to sell them so far. So, no additional money in resale on the car for those.

Outside of the motor (which would seem to have a documented history of abuse, given some posts on here....), there isn't anything distinct about your car. Realistically, your car is STILL a 14 year old car, with 150,000 km on it, and the potential for some serious rust issues in the future. $25,000 is about $5000-7000 too much, and you should be taking that in a heartbeat.

That is, of course, that the *mystery buyer* actually exists, and is truly prepared to write a $25,000 certified cheque for it. Somehow, I doubt this person exists, or that they are that stupid.

Pat

Nicely put Pat... that, along with my original post should pretty much sum up the reality of it.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 06:32 PM   #34
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to GR8 Ride
Quote:
My ultimate goal is to purchase a Porsche/Ferrari...maybe in the future. That is why I am contemplating getting the money and investing it....
Shouldn't you be worried about getting an education first? I don't think salesman of the month at Sisley Honda will be raking in enough commissions to pay for a 6 figure car....

Quote:

BUT, It looks as though I will be keeping this M3,cuz I originally bought it to keep for a long time. Something that means a lot to you is PRICELESS....
Or, because your mystery buyer doesn't exist, and this whole thread was based on a lunatic wet dream you had....

Most likely some guy asked what your car was worth, and you claimed $25,000. This person then walks away, and you *manufacture* this fantasy about selling it and what you'd do with the money....anything to get your post total up.

Pat
GR8 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 10:28 PM   #35
hawai-Ian
3rd Gear Member

Why knock ppl on a forum?????

so negative! green with envy i guess.
Old 07-12-2002, 10:10 AM   #36
got torque?
2nd Gear Member

I doubt it.

Are you suggesting that Bad Karma is envious of Rob?

If you are, that is the funniest thing I have read so far on this forum.
(If you ever get to see BK's ride, you'll know what I mean.)

Rob gets slammed because he deserves it, plain and simple.

Anyone who is willing to pay 25K for an E30 M3 is on crack and should be taken advantage of. If Rob needs the people on this board to spell out the obvious to him, that's what they'll do.
What a waste of bandwidth.

GT
Old 07-12-2002, 11:04 AM   #37
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
i think rob will be able to get the $25,000 for his car when he's ready to sell it, he just needs to be patient.
I sold my modified fiero gt for $8900 even though I knew it was only worth maybe $3800. But i waited, almost a year for the right buyer, and i got every penny i wanted for the car. To me it was worth the $8900 and it was worth that to the buyer as well.
I wouldn't have my bimmer today if it wasn't for that sale, but i sure do miss that car =(

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 06:01 PM   #38
hawai-Ian
3rd Gear Member

another negative comment.. i can feel the hatred these ppl have and are harbouring inside and within themselves. toot-toot!
Old 07-12-2002, 06:03 PM   #39
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by hawai-Ian
another negative comment.. i can feel the hatred these ppl have and are harbouring inside and within themselves. toot-toot!
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 09:53 PM   #40
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
no offense, but this is actually a pretty funny thread.....
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 10:01 PM   #41
drkcyd
1st Gear Newbie

SEEEELLLL IT !!!!!!!

Really what is there to think about...if your car isn't worth what is being offered ...sell the car....crap you work at a auto dealership you can always get another ride.....you have already stated that you won't be getting another bmw again....so what's the dilema...realistically speaking....fall in love with a person...not an inanimate object like a car...I've had many modified cars in my time...but if i was offered more money than it was worth ...no question ..the crap was sold...move on with your life ...not all relationships are forever and cars eventually depreciate and rust..get out while you still have something to gain...
Old 07-12-2002, 10:56 PM   #42
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

Re: SEEEELLLL IT !!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by drkcyd
so what's the dilema...realistically speaking....fall in love with a person...not an inanimate object like a car...
NO MAN JUST......NO!!!
Mr seville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 03:45 AM   #43
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Quote:
Originally posted by hawai-Ian
actually i wasn't intending to be negative, i'm sorry it came off that way.

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 03:52 AM   #44
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally posted by djcontra

actually i wasn't intending to be negative, i'm sorry it came off that way.
'm pretty sure he meant about got torque? post.

I dunno, but by looking at trader.ca prices 25k doesn't look something out of this world for me. and I think his car worth 25k.
If I had money I would buy it for sure. Put all those stickers. and made it as a pleasure car. I wouldn't look at it as a 14 year old car. I would look at it as the niciest production bimmer.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 10:31 AM   #45
TheBestCow
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via AIM to TheBestCow
Even though this looks like it was resolved, thought I would chime in here.

After reading all of Rob's posts and some of the others.. it basically comes down to this question that only Rob can answer for himself. What makes you happy? Having a lot of money to invest in the future, or a rare car that you've taken very good care of for so long?

If it were me... and I had a comfortable job with a decent amount in the bank, then I'd say let the future be the future. You could sell your car, invest that $25k, buy a honda ((shudder)), and the next day get T-boned in that honda (could happen in the M3 too). All of a sudden you're a rich dead man.

I'd say keep the car... don't let your parents or you gf boss you around bro!

Good luck

--1995 Boston Green Metallic 318is coupe, 150,000+ miles--
Mods : Kenwood MP-8017 MP3 Receiver *Clears*TC Kline Trackline Spring/Shock Combo*Ground Control RSMs
BMW CCA Member
Quotation of the indefinite length of time: "Messing in the affairs of women is like trying to stop an avalanche with a lighter." - Me
TheBestCow is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: