Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-11-2002, 09:42 AM   #16
Carlo
2nd Gear Member

$25,000!!!!!!!!!

Ya sure it's a nice car!!! realisticaly the market value for that car is much, much less then $25,000.00!!! SELL IT......with 25 G's you can buy a newer one, or maybe even another E30 m3 and with that extra cake, do the M50 transplant!!! but do it before the guy looks through an auto trader and see one for 10,000
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 12:35 PM   #17
Carlo
2nd Gear Member

$25,000.00

Give you head a shake!!!!!!!!!!!! $25 g'S For a 89 E30 M3 Thats close to stock like your's.......sure maby it has low Km, big deal!!! I think there's an M3 in the trader right now with 90km, and he's asking much less them $25. SELL IT!!! and start a new project, something bigger, better, and, faster
Quote:
ok,I know I'll regret it if I sell it ,since I cherish this car...BUT I also know that $25,000 might never come again,and I'll regret that too.I originally bought the car to keep it for a long,long time.I have been pampering the car since day 1 and spent a few bucks to keep it looking good as well as some mods.
Old 07-11-2002, 12:45 PM   #18
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to GR8 Ride
Personally, I'd say take the money and run. No matter what you've done to it, an 89 M3 isn't worth $25Gs.

Let's look at it this way. The E30 M3s were prone to rust, and this will become an issue within the next 2 or 3 years, especially if you end up driving the car anytime in the winter.

Two, while you're now driving a car with a new motor, the S14 motor is quite high strung, and will require another rebuild somewhere down the line. That's likely to run $5-7000.

For all intents and purposes, your car is essentially *stock*. The motor has been re-done (and I still don't think you're getting 260 HP out of it...no way), but that's about it. That's the only thing which is worth any additional money over and above the regular price of the car. Most E30 M3s are going for mid teens at the moment, and the S14 isn't worth a $10,000 premium.

I'd say you're lucky to get that offer, and if it's valid, take it. With $25,000, you'll have a lot of options for doing something else, and having plenty of money left over.

Pat
GR8 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 12:52 PM   #19
SickFinga

keep it
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 12:54 PM   #20
SickFinga

yeah Rob most of them 18-20k but they are euro m3s.
Old 07-11-2002, 12:57 PM   #21
Carlo
2nd Gear Member

$25,000.00

Quote:
Now I know If I keep the car a while,that I will never see teh money again...
So then what's the problem? If your car has all these $$$ mods, you should be able to get 25 - 30 for it, right? . You said it yourself "I will never see that money again" so hopfully you can understand that the way your car sits now (with all these so called "mods") it's still....... in no way worth..... $25,000.00
Old 07-11-2002, 01:12 PM   #22
SickFinga

my opinion
get those RKs, put all stickers like in DTME30M3's , make it as an exact replica of dtm car. and then sell it as collectable
Old 07-11-2002, 01:37 PM   #23
Lil'Smoothie

Rob you gotta look out for number 1. If the future means more to you than the car than just sell it, its good to keep tomorrow in mind today

personally i say forget the future and keep the car, clean E30 M3's with the stroker engine are few and far between
Old 07-11-2002, 01:41 PM   #24
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to GR8 Ride
Let's remember one thing Rob. Asking price, and final selling price are two VERY different things.

Guys selling E30 M3s and asking $18-19G often end up selling the car (once a decent mechanic has looked at it...) for sub $15G numbers.

The suspension you've put in represents minimal bonus in buying it, as it's a *hacked* coil-over setup, and not a true coilover rig like the Groupe N or the Ground Control setup with AD shocks.

Suspensions don't generally add much value ($$$ wise) into the resale value of a car, unless you're selling the car to a driving school junkie / Club racer. And your suspension isn't something any club racer would look at, so it's essentially zero gain there as well.

Hartge wheels are ok, but not a big selling factor, given that you've had essentially ZERO success in attempting to sell them so far. So, no additional money in resale on the car for those.

Outside of the motor (which would seem to have a documented history of abuse, given some posts on here....), there isn't anything distinct about your car. Realistically, your car is STILL a 14 year old car, with 150,000 km on it, and the potential for some serious rust issues in the future. $25,000 is about $5000-7000 too much, and you should be taking that in a heartbeat.

That is, of course, that the *mystery buyer* actually exists, and is truly prepared to write a $25,000 certified cheque for it. Somehow, I doubt this person exists, or that they are that stupid.

Pat
GR8 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 02:08 PM   #25
hawai-Ian
3rd Gear Member

i wont sell it if i were you... unless parts for it wont be available soon or if im really hard pressed for cash.
btw ginos drive rice? i thought they're suckers for camaros, transam and cavaliers
and...your g/f likes japanese cars?....where did she get this idea *shudder*..betta keep an eye on her
Old 07-11-2002, 02:19 PM   #26
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

Take the money and RUN!

13+ year old M3 is nothing more than a 13+ year old car. It will rust and its value will keep on diminishing. 150k is NOT low km. There is nothing special about your m3, and as Pat said if your motor was rebuilt once, it will have to be rebuilt again later.

If you are indeed given 25k, take the money and get something else, newer.

Serge

KIRASIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 02:22 PM   #27
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

hey rob sickfinga's rite, do his idea and soon ur car will be a collectable and even when a teen whos 17 and parents r buyin em a car, he'll see this is like the race 1s and if he were like me, i wud buy it no problem (im not saying im gonna buy it) but i think thats a good idea. OR u cud sell it to this guy for 25g....buy 1 of the other e30 m3's and jus leave those as is since those have like 90k on em or buy a newer bimmer, or no bimmer at all. then u have 10g in ur pocket to save in a high interest account or jus to invest in right away.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 02:31 PM   #28
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
I would say $25,000 is a good deal, but try and get some more if you plan on using that money towards an e36m3
that would be a sweet trade off in the end.

Also you mention the possibility of downgrading to a lesser vehical and using the money towards buying some property. THIS would be the best idea anyone can have. I am considering selling my car next year and putting a down payment on a condo. I can live with driving a honda civic or some shitbox for a year or two until i have enough to get another bimmer. I personally would rather live on my own, and OWN a piece of property than a nice car.
It's a much better investment that doesn't depreciate as much if at all. Plus, more women will be impressed if you take them back to your PLACE than the back seat of your car, or your bedroom at mom's house =)

My father has had to sacrifice driving nice cars and boats until he's paid off more of the property investment he's just purchased.
and i figure i can do the same.

i would go for option 2

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Last edited by djcontra; 07-11-2002 at 02:37 PM.
djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 02:53 PM   #29
Razkal
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by djcontra
Also you mention the possibility of downgrading to a lesser vehical and using the money towards buying some property. THIS would be the best idea anyone can have.
Dude,

You have your head on straight for sure!! This is what I did. Instead of buying a newer BMW, I decided to keep the cash and put it towards a new house that my wife and I will be moving into next March. I could have afforded a nicer car now, but at the end of the day, I would rather have a nice house to call my own than a set of rims or system in a car...

I even thought of selling my car that I have now, but I am living just fine right now. I just gotta stop doing little mods to it here and there because they add up fast!

Need any help with branding your company/services? :
http://www.businessninja.ca

Razkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 03:04 PM   #30
Need_To
1st Gear Newbie

To Bad were not Rich.

bck frm vac hi Rob
To replace a quality vehicle like an E30M3 with a modern equivalent will cost at least 35-40k. That is why I feel that purchasing an E30M3 gives you alot for your money (prices are low?)

However money is money and your just begining to invest i.e. hse/condo etc. If you really like the E30M3 model and you need$ then sell for 25k or better and buy another E30M3 (<20k) before the prices go up.

Depending on the condition restoring another E30M3 won't be as bad as the first one (more experience) just take your time.

Ask yourself 10 or 15 years from now what do I want to be driving in addition to the SUV with wife and kiddy seats!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: