Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-10-2002, 10:48 PM   #1
PCDawg
2nd Gear Member

I never really met u yet Rob even though i seen u at several meets, but your ride is really really mint....

If i was in your situation it all depends on how much I love the car...

If u plan to get rid of the car in several years, sell it now.... if u plan to keep it for years on end and have another car to drive around, keep it as u can still be able to keep it in mint condition and perhaps another buyer will come around and it'll be a classic and might be worth more (depending on condition and milage)

..... for someone that offers that much money must mean that person is willing to keep it in a showroom condition....
$25,000 is alota $$ ....

Just my $0.02 !!
Old 07-11-2002, 12:41 AM   #2
notjoe
600rwhp here i come

Send a message via ICQ to notjoe
Re: In a Dilemma..

Quote:
Originally posted by ROB89M3
ok...I was offered $25,000 for my M3 today. He was ready to give me a certified check today. I told him I don't wanna sell my car.
Now I know If I keep the car a while,that I will never see teh money again...

what should I do??
I saw a theift recovery M3 today for 33k, 97, 51k miles on it, been hit a couple times so the guy said, i have the vin to check it out, it has new interior since the stuff in there was ripped out. i saw crackign on the back bumper, from where it looks like it was bumped.

i think that was a lot of coin considering yours is an 89 (dont get me wrong, absolutely nothing wrong with that and i have never seen the car upclose but the pic looks sweet) it seems like a good price. if you drop a couple more k you could probably get a newer M3 but would it be as nice as the one you have now? only you can tell

PS: what are the specs on yours? mods/km/etc etc

Joe
notjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 12:44 AM   #3
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

rob if i were u i wudnt sell...jus like PCDAWG said...it'll be a classic soon (it already is! in a good way) and it looks sweet...ur car is very original on the road since hardly any1 has an e30 m3..and every1 has an e36 m3 or m3 look-a-like. i wud say keep it and if u can get some shit car to drive around so the km on the e30 stay low...or get the motor rebuilt b4 u wanna sell
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 12:57 AM   #4
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

If I were you, I'd sell it in a heart beat.... why? The way you act, someone is going to burn it if you don't write it off soon. You barely drive the car, and when you do... you drive nuts (and need more experience to handle all those 260HP). I say sell it and buy a Hyundai after your loan is paid off, then you can go on a Hyundai forum site and annoy them.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 01:28 AM   #5
Gamite

Get a Kia so you can go on the StreetKiaz.com forum.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 01:40 AM   #6
Gamite

Hey rob, I know what you should do!

Sell it, then you can get yourself a deal with a civic at Sisley honda, I heard they have good sales personnel there. HAha..

Old 07-11-2002, 01:41 AM   #7
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by Gamite
Hey rob, I know what you should do!

Sell it, then you can get yourself a deal with a civic at Sisley honda, I heard they have good sales personnel there. HAha..

hahaha that was funny...but actually gamite has a good idea...

randy said u dont drive it all the time...so why not get an s2000 to replace the m3?
Old 07-11-2002, 01:45 AM   #8
BMWM3DTM
3rd Gear Member

Don´t sell your car

He Rob I know this. A guy whant to give me 25500 Euro. But I can´t sell my Car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m.lang schräg links k..jpg (82.0 KB, 219 views)
BMWM3DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 02:08 AM   #9
Bliss
Administrator

Quote:
My girlfriend wants me to sell it though....
ps: she wants me to be a big Gino and drive a Japanese import...

Now I'm in a bigger dilemma!!
Wow! already doing what the girl tells you?? damn! Yeah she's right though...get a nice jap import, how does Suzuki swift sound?

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 02:15 AM   #10
Gamite

If you do decide to sell it, send the new owner our way.

Old 07-11-2002, 02:37 AM   #11
Spartiatis
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Spartiatis
Dont sell it!
Spartiatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 03:05 AM   #12
Bill Gates
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Bill Gates

if your getting an excellent offer, why don't you sell it and start on a new project with a newer model.

its all up to you, if you've done up your car to the max, and feel its all you can do, maybe you just need a new car to work on.

it all depends on your situation. if you want to settle down, and get your own place, then i'd say sell it and buy a civic. put your extra money on your home and buy nice electronics for yourself. its all a matter of balance.
Bill Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 03:48 AM   #13
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

hey rob if u get a crx for 6g ur an idiot! crx is not worth the 6g r u nuts...for that money u can get a 93hatchback maybe an si with 125hp instead of the gay 90hp...but why get a honda? if i were u i'd tell my g/f to screw off, if she wants a crx get a crx...its ur car get wat u want...gurlz these days i tell ya...cant u stick up to em!??!
Old 07-11-2002, 08:49 AM   #14
JeorgeBaptista
2nd Gear Member

My $0.02,

From what I've read about the buying of your M3, I would not sell it at all. I'm sure you that car of yours, and driving it puts a huge on your face!!!

25g's is a lot of money, and investing in a property now would be very wise. There is only one problem, your girlfriend will break your balls to get married! (no problem if your ready though)

Thing about this one very hard ! When all is said and done, will your be glad to have sold you baby bought the condo? Or will your regret it till the day you die that you got ride of one of your dreams, and always hold a grudge with either your parents of wife (if you marry the GF) because you sold the car that you loved.

If I were in your shoes, I would never sell the M3. Either the car would die, or I would!*devil*

Take this from a guy that is driving a busted ass 84 318 that has been in the family since 86. I love my car and would never get rid of it
(only if it goes to car heven though).
The wife breaks my balls to get rid of if, but I tell her to............

FU!!
JeorgeBaptista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 09:31 AM   #15
notjoe
600rwhp here i come

Send a message via ICQ to notjoe
Quote:
Ok,
so what if I sell it,buy a $6000 CRX Si, and dump the rest with a little extra on a downpayment on a condo and rent it out??

This is what my parents want me to do.....?

Sounds like a safe plan. As long as you get a decent condo and dont skimp, and you have a decent credit report, otherwise the 20k you put down probably wont be enough to secure it.

There is a lot of shit which comes a long, personally, i would go buy a house and rent that out instead, you can get more money for rent and it wont cost you all that much more (if any).

Joe
notjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: