Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-09-2002, 09:19 AM   #1
Tracer
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Tracer Send a message via AIM to Tracer
New E30 Motor

I am thinking about ordering a new motor for my car one day. I am looking at this site.

http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com/s...ategory_Code=E

These prices dont seem very high, but when I click one of the motors I dont get much info on them. I wonder if they have miles on them already, or what is the deal. I am about to just order the stock motor that came in my e30 for $450. That doesnt seem like much money for a new motor though. I want to put the 3.2 M3 motor in my car and do the OBDI conversion and all of that in a year or two. But my current motor has 340,000 milies on it, and I think that a fresh motor like i have now would make it run better until i can get an //M motor.

Tracer
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 09:28 AM   #2
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

for about 3000(US) go for the m50 engine swap and forget the other engines!!!
Mr seville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 11:55 AM   #3
Lil'Smoothie

thast cheap because you dont have to replace other things like the computer and tranny
Old 07-10-2002, 12:18 AM   #4
Tracer
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Tracer Send a message via AIM to Tracer
What are the specs on that m50 motor, and what other kinds of things would I have to buy with that motor? Would you suggest a place to buy an m50 motor? On this site it says $995 dollars, but I dont know if thats a remanufactured motor, or what the hell it is. If anyone has any info on where I can get an m50 motor, and how much stuff I will have to change out please pm me, or reply on here.

Thanks,

Tracer
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: