Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-09-2002, 02:44 AM   #31
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by PCDawg
I think these cops are only cruising around and pretending to look like racers looking for the hot spot later on at nite....

thats exactly wats happenning...

and they can do that becuz they will think ur a potential streetracer BUT u can defend urself in court...
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 02:48 AM   #32
SickFinga

there is nothing wrong in downshifting.
I downshifted right infront of the cop so that even my tires squiled(sp?). He pulled me over, but not for that, he checked if my car was the car that was stolen a couple of hours ago.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 02:54 AM   #33
330ciIndividual
1st Gear Newbie

SickFinga...
thanks for the compliments!!!! yeah the car you mentioned is mine. the Individual options i got are the paint (carbon black) shadowline trim, clears, and door sills that say "BMW Individual". to be honest there is nothing that special. North American dealers will not order Individual Series vehicles. it was only for 2001 where BMW North America was allowed 20 Individual Series vehicles to be imported. so all options were chosen by the dealer...which wasn't much.
330ciIndividual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 02:57 AM   #34
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally posted by 330ciIndividual
SickFinga...
thanks for the compliments!!!! yeah the car you mentioned is mine. the Individual options i got are the paint (carbon black) shadowline trim, clears, and door sills that say "BMW Individual". to be honest there is nothing that special. North American dealers will not order Individual Series vehicles. it was only for 2001 where BMW North America was allowed 20 Individual Series vehicles to be imported. so all options were chosen by the dealer...which wasn't much.
nice, love your car.
my bro went to bmw dealership, and dealer said Individual series are comming back in a couple of months.
I hope it is true.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 03:05 AM   #35
PCDawg
2nd Gear Member

The individual package is coming back to later this year...

U guys see that ugly convertible at the car show this year?!?! It had some spotted interior trim and ugly coloring of the seats (think yellowish) i've only seen pics......dayum...that was raelly individual were no one would want that except one really stupid person that ordered it....
Old 07-09-2002, 04:41 AM   #36
Gamite

Honestly, this topic has been blown WAY out of proportion. You guys are jumping to conclusions too early.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 08:21 AM   #37
Furious
BMW again.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gamite
Honestly, this topic has been blown WAY out of proportion. You guys are jumping to conclusions too early.
i agree,, were not even sure of the real story yet. this BMW might not even been anybody we know.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 09:46 AM   #38
323Ci-vm
2nd Gear Member

Link to article in the star ...

Hey guys, nice meeting you all on Sunday at KK's ...

Found this article in the star with a few more details..

Integra Crash
323Ci-vm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 08:23 PM   #39
notjoe
600rwhp here i come

Send a message via ICQ to notjoe
Sometimes you wonder whether someone would stop or not.

If you get nailed for street racing, that is the same thing as reckless driving, but more points i believe, possible licence suspension.

If you look at it, everyone races (for the most part), go read some of the posts on here, but, you d idnt hit him, it isnt your fault that it happened, there are plenty of people to call for help, and after seeing that (if he did and wasnt waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in front of him) i would figure the people would be dead. Maybe his licence was suspended and didnt want to get nailed for that.

There are plenty of reasons why this guy probably didnt stop, not that im saying he is right in not stopping, i would have and said i was just driving the car and he hammered his trying to show off to me or something.

Whether they buy it or not is different.

Joe

Last edited by notjoe; 07-09-2002 at 08:40 PM.
notjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 08:45 PM   #40
notjoe
600rwhp here i come

I Should have read that story on the star site... This guy is going to have his insurance doubled if/when they get him. none the less, it was the fault of the acura driver. However, I do feel sorry for those people who have lost any loved one due to senseless nonsense such as this, or drunk drivers.

Joe
Old 07-09-2002, 08:50 PM   #41
Furious
BMW again.

acura, bmw, ford, nissan, dodge, lambo,etc etc,,it doesnt matter what you drive,,when someone looses a life in a car accident,, its a tragic thing. ,, and i always feel fortunate to know im still here after witnessing and being involved in a few accidents myself.
Old 07-09-2002, 09:07 PM   #42
notjoe
600rwhp here i come

Quote:
Originally posted by Furious325is
acura, bmw, ford, nissan, dodge, lambo,etc etc,,it doesnt matter what you drive,,when someone looses a life in a car accident,, its a tragic thing. ,, and i always feel fortunate to know im still here after witnessing and being involved in a few accidents myself.
I'm not saying that it isnt tragic thing, im just saying i could see why this guy wouldnt want to stop. I wonder how often we all do the right things, like when someone gives you the look at the lights, whether you're going to gun it or not.

How many of you would actually stop and wait for cops to explain what happen knowing full well you're going to lose 4 points (atleast) and probably your licence for a while, not to mention the huge jump on insurance.

Racing is risky in itself, getting nailed for racing is even more stupid, and pushing yourself until you lose control is very bad.

If i take a corner fast and feel the car slide i dont throttle it so that i lose more control and slide.

Hopefully something good will come out like people thinking next time they rev the engines at the lights (guilty as charged) about all the possible out comes of it.

In all honesty, i feel more sorry for the people that those guys hit. THEY were the innocent ones who will pay the price of rehab over years to deal with the pain and suffering they will endure.

The guys driving the bmw/aqura knew what they were getting themselfs into when they were cutting in and out of lanes at high rates of speed.

If you cant take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Joe
Old 07-09-2002, 09:19 PM   #43
Furious
BMW again.

JOE i wasnt commenting on your post,, ,, i was just adding in my two cents. no worries i agree with ya
Old 07-09-2002, 09:40 PM   #44
notjoe
600rwhp here i come

Quote:
Originally posted by Furious325is
JOE i wasnt commenting on your post,, ,, i was just adding in my two cents. no worries i agree with ya
Hehe, i hope you didnt take it as a flame or anything since it wasnt the way i wanted it to come across at all.. i was just throwing in my two cents too

Joe
Old 07-09-2002, 09:41 PM   #45
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Send a message via MSN to MP328
Quote:
Originally posted by notjoe

In all honesty, i feel more sorry for the people that those guys hit. THEY were the innocent ones who will pay the price of rehab over years to deal with the pain and suffering they will endure.

The guys driving the bmw/aqura knew what they were getting themselfs into when they were cutting in and out of lanes at high rates of speed.

Joe
that's what everyone said i talked to about this. and i feel the same way.
MP328 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: