Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Global MaXbimmer
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-22-2004, 02:10 AM   #16
Trueno
2nd Gear Member

Re: Shannonville full track Aug. 21 pictures

Quote:
Originally posted by Autotechnica
First off, let me just say that I hope the driver of the rolled over CRX survives and will recover. It is a most unfortunate incident. However, we all take a risk with our lives when we go out on the track and push our cars.

Drive safe! Wear a helmet! The driver was wearing a helmet, and the way the hood crushed down on his head, he would have died if he hadn't been wearing a helmet.

I heard he had a collapsed lung and broken neck. I just hope he pulls through.

Anyways, on to the pictures. I'm not much of a photographer, so bear with me. Anyone else who has pics or videos (even better!), please post them up!

The first half of the day was for a Porsche lapping day. So there were lots of nice Porsche race cars around, including a GT2 and GT3 with rollcages who later joined our lapping day as well!
just get back from hostipal and the guy is ok after finish the x-ray test and he doesnt has any major injury
Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 02:59 AM   #17
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
Nice pics. How did the accident happen, what turn? Glad to hear he is OK.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 02:24 PM   #18
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
I forget which turn, but it may have been turn 5 as well.

Anyways, he spun out because he was taking the corners way too fast. One thing I should point out, there should have been more safety checks for the cars. I saw a civic with tires which were pretty much bald (no, they weren't drag slicks). Cars like that shouldn't be allowed to run, especially since the track was quite packed with cars. I had to constantly look in my rearview checking for faster cars and letting them pass. At the end of the 4th lap I had serious traction problems. My car was sliding like a bitch, that's when it's time for the pits.

The CRX that rolled over spun out, then the front end dug into the dirt. I saw a huge splash of dirt then the car literally popped up into the air, flipped and landed hard on the driver side of the roof. Once it hit the ground the car flipped back on it's wheels. Apparently, I was the only person who witnessed the whole thing.

Is next weeks lapping day still happening?
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 06:06 PM   #19
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Its stuff like this that made want to ask my previous questions, as long as he is OK after a big shunt like that, its all good.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
Old 08-22-2004, 07:35 PM   #20
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

It was safe enough that I did not have to be concerned about my own safety. People spin out and crash because they push their cars too hard. Nobody was really driving wrecklessly. Everyone obeyed the rules. You don't pass in the turns so if someone spins out, there's less chance of them hitting you. Tail-gating will usually put more stress on the driver infront, thus making him spin out. At any rate, I would definitely go again.

If you're so worried about things like this, maybe you should forget about ever tracking your car. If you'd expect to just drive around like you would on the streets, why would you pay money and drive almost 2 hours there to do that? The whole point of a track is to drive more agressively and learn the limits of your car.

Shannonville is a relatively low speed track with lots of tight turns. Usually when you spin out you just go out in the grass, not into a wall!

The funny thing about the track is, on the street you think your car handles amazingly and has an adequite suspension setup. Once you get on the track, you realize almost everything you have is crap!
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Old 08-22-2004, 07:55 PM   #21
E36_M_Power
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Autotechnica
It was safe enough that I did not have to be concerned about my own safety. People spin out and crash because they push their cars too hard. Nobody was really driving wrecklessly. Everyone obeyed the rules. You don't pass in the turns so if someone spins out, there's less chance of them hitting you. Tail-gating will usually put more stress on the driver infront, thus making him spin out. At any rate, I would definitely go again.

If you're so worried about things like this, maybe you should forget about ever tracking your car. If you'd expect to just drive around like you would on the streets, why would you pay money and drive almost 2 hours there to do that? The whole point of a track is to drive more agressively and learn the limits of your car.

Shannonville is a relatively low speed track with lots of tight turns. Usually when you spin out you just go out in the grass, not into a wall!

The funny thing about the track is, on the street you think your car handles amazingly and has an adequite suspension setup. Once you get on the track, you realize almost everything you have is crap!
If anybody is worry about getting hurt going to track, then maybe he shouldn't be driving...shit like this happend everyday on the street, and even more severe.
I think Shannoville is the safest track in Ontario, flat ground, no walls, low speed corners.
Also I think my car on the street is POS, uncomfortable, suspension and my sparco seat, make the car pretty bumpy..loud(got used to it)
but on the track I found it handles pretty good, maybe I just didn't push it too hard...

BTW: The CRX driver left the hospital this morning, first thing he did was going to see his car...
E36_M_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 08:01 PM   #22
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by E36_M_Power
If anybody is worry about getting hurt going to track, then maybe he shouldn't be driving...shit like this happend everyday on the street, and even more severe.
I think Shannoville is the safest track in Ontario, flat ground, no walls, low speed corners.
Also I think my car on the street is POS, uncomfortable, suspension and my sparco seat, make the car pretty bumpy..loud(got used to it)
but on the track I found it handles pretty good, maybe I just didn't push it too hard...

BTW: The CRX driver left the hospital this morning, first thing he did was going to see his car...
Very true, I'd be more worried about people who street race. I've heard more people spinning out and killing someone in an illegal street race than incidents at the track.

Glad to hear the guy is ok, his car isn't so lucky! Looks like a write-off.

Hey so is the 28th still on?!

thanks,

Bry

Old 08-22-2004, 08:06 PM   #23
E36_M_Power
4th Gear Member

hmm I think its still happending, not sure u got ask trueno.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:48 PM   #24
1BADBMR
6th Gear Member

SHANNONVILLE

It was great day @ the track once again. Execpt for that accident. Glad to hear the driver is doing alright.
There was alot of cars there. Bimmers, Honda's, Ac's, 350z's, oh yea & a bunch of porches. The white GT3 was sick. It had a full roll cage.
On the way up to the track, we had a E39 540i following us for a good hour @ speeds @160-80km\hr. His plates said "PRINTR" what ever that meant. We tried to go @ it but there was too much traffic.

The way back was sooooo boring (I wish I had a fold-out tv deck) We booked it all the way back. We found a Audi TT that was @ the track coming down the 401 aswell. He followed us a bit then we lost him Hey bry I was surprised that I didn't lose you on the way back, cause I was flooring it.
04 Honda Civic (Beater)
93 318i (SOLD)
1BADBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 12:02 AM   #25
STALKER
6th Gear Member

I take my car to the track all the time, I just like to know the ppl around me are there to learn to drive and have a good time and not be hot heads. Shannonville is safe, but Mosport is exciting. I went to Shannonville last with Fastlaps and it was an amazing event.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
Old 08-23-2004, 10:23 AM   #26
Trueno
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by E36_M_Power
hmm I think its still happending, not sure u got ask trueno.
Yup sure still on and helmet required
Old 08-23-2004, 02:48 PM   #27
E36_M_Power
4th Gear Member

haha...finally I have a reason to wear my DOT helmet!!!
Old 08-23-2004, 02:58 PM   #28
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Why is helmet required for this one? I have a SHOEI DOT helmet which is like 5 years old, can I use that?

Bry

Old 08-23-2004, 04:11 PM   #29
Trueno
2nd Gear Member

Since an accident happened last event and can U imagine if the driver without wearing the helmet? And pls bring your helmet for all our events in the future. And all the rules and safty stuff about the track will update very soon in the BE site
Old 08-23-2004, 05:34 PM   #30
1BADBMR
6th Gear Member

aww man.... Helmets? Damn. I understand the reason why, but the only helmet I have is a hockey one
Does that go for the passenger aswell?
04 Honda Civic (Beater)
93 318i (SOLD)
1BADBMR is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: