Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Rides
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-16-2004, 09:18 PM   #16
ChahalzBMR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Kal
nice as usual steve! The more I see your rims the more I like them. I like the drop. And now that you have painted your skirts it just makes your car look rough. Once you put on your lip, ur car is going to look tight.

keep up the good work.

Kal
Thanks bro!!! Where you now a days...very little posting from you? I was wondering what took you so long...
97' Jetta - Sold
2006 Ford Freestyle - Sold
Looking for a E46 (00-04)

Steve
ChahalzBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 04:37 PM   #17
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
I think our cars are going to be near twins by the time we're done with them... just got my gunmetal rims in too.... both the blacked out look with tint, eyebrows, grills... except I have the blacked out turn signals... I'm looking to buy a set of smoked crystal tail lights or LED tail lights too...

not to mention both 318's with 325 drops.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 08:02 PM   #18
ChahalzBMR
6th Gear Member

Damn! Can't wait to see your new rims!!!!
We should drive around one day and burn out all the ricers we come across. Make sure you leave the 318 on!
Just today I took a riced out integra out on Derry....should have seen this guy's face when I finished burning his sorry little rice..I looked at him and did this...
97' Jetta - Sold

Steve
Old 08-18-2004, 09:19 PM   #19
C ///M
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via AIM to C ///M
Wow, huge improvement from before to after. Just get a mesh grill behind that front bumper opening (which I'm sure you already planned) and some rear euro lights to finish off the look (which I'm sure you planned as well).

Future suggestions are a front lip, different side mirrors (never been a fan of the turn signals) and debadge it for a really clean rear. The e39 rear lip spoiler also looks great on e36 sedans.

Click for Detailed Mod List and Pics
-Chris McGuire

Last edited by C ///M; 08-18-2004 at 09:22 PM.
C ///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 10:26 PM   #20
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

this pic looks sick

Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 12:46 PM   #21
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally posted by ChahalzBMR
Damn! Can't wait to see your new rims!!!!
We should drive around one day and burn out all the ricers we come across. Make sure you leave the 318 on!
Just today I took a riced out integra out on Derry....should have seen this guy's face when I finished burning his sorry little rice..I looked at him and did this...
I have them sitting in my basement... I give them a kiss everytime I walk by them. I just need to get some rubber for them and I'm all set. My suspension is going on tonight if I feel good enough to drive... as is, I still can't walk straight though. ... the 318 badge on the back has been stolen.. as has my BMW badge. >_< ... so now it's just a completely shaved rear end. But the single exhaust tip gives away the 318i trademark for now.

Quote:
Originally posted by C ///M
Wow, huge improvement from before to after. Just get a mesh grill behind that front bumper opening (which I'm sure you already planned) and some rear euro lights to finish off the look (which I'm sure you planned as well).

Future suggestions are a front lip, different side mirrors (never been a fan of the turn signals) and debadge it for a really clean rear. The e39 rear lip spoiler also looks great on e36 sedans.
Good suggestions. I'm assuming he'll go with a M3 plastic grill mesh.. they look best... if he's going with a regular metal grill mesh... get some from Home Depot. Cheapest place to get it and it won't rust. Just paint it black.. and clear it a couple times for those nasty rock chips.

Front lip I think he already plans on Rieger... and if not, I have an extra Rieger lip I can pass his way. ... He keeps the 318i on the back because he did a 325 engine drop... just keeps the car looking low-key. I'm probably going to put the turn signals in my mirrors as well since I'm shaving off my fender turn signals... but I'm going to have smoked signals so it won't stand out as much except when they're on. I'm thinking the same thing.. his car would look best with a lip spoiler.. (opposed to nothing / m3 spoiler or regular e36 rear spoiler)...

J
Old 08-19-2004, 12:51 PM   #22
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

^^damn your emblems got stolen AGAIN?...you should set up some camera's around ur car man..it seems like their targetting your car or something
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 01:00 PM   #23
Justin e36
---

if you DO want to go with smoked tails... or darker tails... these are the current options which are open:

Crystal SMOKED Tails:

BLACK 3D Tails: (rice???)

Regular Smoked Tails:

Smoked Altezza's (EWW!):

Can't find a picture of it... but SMOKED LED Tails.. (they actually look good, you'd have to see it in person.. but doesn't look rice at all):

Smoked Euro Tails (white only) a la Dj Contra's car:

FK Design black's:

Last edited by Justin e36; 08-19-2004 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:02 PM   #24
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally posted by Superman87
^^damn your emblems got stolen AGAIN?...you should set up some camera's around ur car man..it seems like their targetting your car or something
lol.. nah, they're still stolen from before. I had an old scratched up + faded emblem which I sanded down and painted black... I put it on my trunk... matches my OEM paint perfect.. actually makes it look like I have a shaved trunk. I'd rather have the BMW roundel of course... but at least this way there isn't holes in my trunk, and who's going to steal a completely black circle??
Old 08-19-2004, 01:04 PM   #25
ChahalzBMR
6th Gear Member

I like the first smoked taillights...where can I get them from? Yeah guys, I have plans to put on the mesh and the lip (sorry Justin already have one) but I just can't make time for it. Married and have a kid, they take up my time plus the fact we are moving next month....
97' Jetta - Sold

Steve
Old 08-19-2004, 01:23 PM   #26
Justin e36
---

yeah same ones I'm thinking of.. I have the regular crystals now.. thinking of going to the smoked crystals.. or maybe the smoked LED tails... (they look OEM when on the car... but makes the car look so much newer with the LED's)... it doesn't look good in pictures, but in person... it looks really good.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:58 PM   #27
chia
Keepin' It Fake.

sick pimpin. love the rims =]
Old 08-20-2004, 10:47 AM   #28
ChahalzBMR
6th Gear Member

Thanks!!!
97' Jetta - Sold

Steve
Old 08-26-2004, 01:05 PM   #29
DriveItSideways
Banned

ride looks sweet blacked out
DriveItSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 01:29 PM   #30
ChahalzBMR
6th Gear Member

Thanks!!! Your blackedout car looks sweet too!!!
97' Jetta - Sold

Steve

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: