Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 7 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-31-2004, 10:40 PM   #1
RadioSilence
1st Gear Newbie

Looking at a 98 740i to buy. Really need advice!, Pre-purchasing questions

I am looking to purchase a 1998 BMW 740i. 77,000 miles, maintained to the letter, beautiful condition. I have heard mixed reports regarding the reliability of this car,. Some have said they have had no problems whereas others have had some maintenance problems. Either way it seems that maintenance costs are very expensive. I would like to know if anyone here can give me their experiences with their 1998s or similar year cars and any problems they may have had.

Thanks!
RadioSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 01:40 AM   #2
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

Send a message via MSN to Bavaria Send a message via Yahoo to Bavaria
maintaining a 7er cost more then ur average BMW...im saving up to get one as well....
good luck
Hussein
Bavaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 01:42 AM   #3
johnoz
/OO=[][]=OO\

Check out http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e38/ for more info since there is not much 7 series owners here
johnoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 03:14 PM   #4
///MAC
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro

i wanted to get a 98 740I or the IL the one from james bond movie, those are SICK and bad A**
///MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 10:39 PM   #5
touchofclass
1999 BMW 740i BMW 2000IT

I have a 2000 740i Oxford Green and Tan Leather interior am in the process of putting Bond 18" rims soon. When you buy a 740i try to get it from a BMW Dealer and Certified Series. This will save you a lot of problems as the vehicle is fully checked out and you have a full warranty until 120,000kms. Try to get the 740i sports package if possible. If not buying from BMW get all service records and call the previous owner. $20 spent at Ministry of Transport for the package is well worth the money.
Finally: 740i's are expensive to maintain but "Awesome Machine" you will not regret the smooth ride and performance.
I am going to bring mine in the spring 2005 for the Bimmercruise.

Pics will be posted soon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: