Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-27-2004, 04:03 PM   #1
anc325
2nd Gear Member

Subwoofer problems...help!

Ok heres the deal, i have this setup in my 03 jetta, a new DEH-P760MP deck, rockford wires, a MRD-M500 alpine amp and two clarion pro-audio subs rated at 600w max (SRW1243), so thats the set up..heres the problem

The other night on my way home, i was ****ing around with my decks settings and changed teh subwoofers firing from normal to reverse. And just like that no bass, i tried to switch it back and no luck, theres no bass at all..I checked the wiring to the subs and the deck and what not and everything is connected just as ti was for like the last year, the only sound i can get out of the subs is when i press on the cone in the right sub the bass works for a couple seconds and the stops, sub sounds like it might be blowm, but if it is blown then why is there no sound at all coming out of the subs? shouldnt they both still be recieving a signal even if theyre blown?

any help would be awesome, i am thinking of getting some type-r alpines if they are in fact blown, but im going to take it to a shop if i cant seem to figure it out on my own...help. Does any one have any good stereo shops that might be able to help me diagnose this problem, or any recomendations on any other good subs ?

thanx,

Adam
anc325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 05:15 PM   #2
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Re: Subwoofer problems...help!

Quote:
Originally posted by anc325
changed teh subwoofers firing from normal to reverse.
Explain further, what setting did you change?

Also if you broke the voice coils, the sub would perform exactly as you described.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 09:51 PM   #3
BM-AUDIO
2nd Gear Member

I think I knows what happen.... I think you have hotten wire your wiring to the woofer... and damaged the woofer.

The centre coil/cone has damaged.. Might have miss-placed its possition. Thats why once you press on it a little bit when playing music. . it will play a bit.. or maybe trying to push the cone upwards will do the same.
BM-AUDIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 09:59 AM   #4
anc325
2nd Gear Member

i changed the firing angle in my deck settings, the deck i have allows you to change from a forward setting to a reverse setting....

BM-AUDIO- what exactly do you mean about the wires, you think it could be wired wrong? what should i do then, can i fix it myself or are my subs fried?
anc325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 11:02 PM   #5
cohiba
1st Gear Newbie

You're going to need new woofers. You over driven the woofers and the woofers voice coils are now not aligned properly inside the gap of the magnet.

Pushing one side of the woofer will temporarily align the coil allowing the woofer to make some sound. The woofer right now is pushing to one side instead of moving up and down as it should.
cohiba is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: