Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-26-2004, 03:57 PM   #1
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Parts for e39 / magnaflow cats

I'm in need of rotors for my e39, and magnaflow cats to replace mine that are bad, and one O2 sensor. Can anyone direct me to a place in Ottawa or the area (TO or Montreal) to order OEM parts from that are cheap (or cheaper than dealer).

Thanks,
Jay
Old 07-26-2004, 04:39 PM   #2
///Greco540
4th Gear Member

If you are in Ottawa I recommend going to see Stebro and getting one of their custom high-flow stainless cats. Alot better quality then magnacrap IMO. That's where I'm going when my cats die. I also bought my rotors from www.ultimatebmwparts.com a Montreal based online parts outlet. Saved about $150 on rotors and pads. Click the Live chat and ask to speak to Eric.
Mods: M5 Grill, CDV, AE Xenons, Rogue Engineering Octane Short Shifter w/ WSR, Rogue Engineering Performance Transmission Mounts, Royal Purple Synchromax Transmission Fluid, Gruppe M Filter Ram Charger

My Car Site
///Greco540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 06:55 PM   #3
Bob Loblaw
Zee Frog.

Hey Jay,

For OEM parts in the National Capital, I suggest you call BBW. They often have better prices than the dealers. It seems some dealers shop there too. By the way, they speak English.

BBW Pièces Importées
1682 Pink Rd.
Aylmer
Phone: (819) 777-6066
Old 07-26-2004, 06:58 PM   #4
Gamite

try bmaautoparts.com

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 05:25 PM   #5
everlast

Hey ///Greco540, THANKS for recommending Eric at ultimatebmwparts.com.. wow, what a great guy and unbelievable prices. I got front AND rear rotors, two precat O2 sensors, an oil filter for the 540, and a timing belt and tensioner for my 325e, with tax, for less than $540. Holy shitte.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:25 PM   #6
everlast

And I ended up going with magnacrap.. hehe.. $180 CND for two 53005 delivered. I'll get my chum to TIG it on.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:15 AM   #7
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
that's a great price for 2 cats, I had to pay $150 each from Brullen, are the cats larger than the stock ones, because my cats have a larger inlet & outlet

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 10:02 AM   #8
everlast

http://www.exhaustproslinc.com/ca53se.html

Its a small cat, but since there are two, you divide our motor's displacement in half. The measurements are on the site.

I bought mine from HottExhaust.com. They're on sale for $57 US, and I found a 10% off coupon on the web somewhere. :p
Old 07-28-2004, 10:24 AM   #9
///Greco540
4th Gear Member

Awesome everlast. Yeah Eric is a great guy. Glad you got the stuff at an awesome price. I certainly hope though that you get a good magnaflow cat as I know a couple whose magnaflow cat went bad fairly quickly. Well good side is that they are high flow cats so more power to you.

Post some pics of the install..
Mods: M5 Grill, CDV, AE Xenons, Rogue Engineering Octane Short Shifter w/ WSR, Rogue Engineering Performance Transmission Mounts, Royal Purple Synchromax Transmission Fluid, Gruppe M Filter Ram Charger

My Car Site
///Greco540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 10:35 AM   #10
everlast

Well, I've read a lot on the roadfly forum that the install is the major problem most of the time. A leak causes oxygen to destroy the ceramic and makes the motor run poorly since the o2 sensors are wrong. I will get my buddy to TIG weld them on and we'll see. At this price, it was hard to resist. I've read a lot of good stuff about Stebro too.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:17 PM   #11
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
Quote:
Originally posted by ///Greco540
Awesome everlast. Yeah Eric is a great guy. Glad you got the stuff at an awesome price. I certainly hope though that you get a good magnaflow cat as I know a couple whose magnaflow cat went bad fairly quickly. Well good side is that they are high flow cats so more power to you.

Post some pics of the install..
yeah I heard the same Vito(qwk325) had a magnaflow high-flow cats on his car, they went bad in weeks, but magnaflow replaced them for free, I think

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 08:29 PM   #12
everlast

Ya, like I said, lots of people on roadfly have had them go bad, I think they all get replaced. I hope. :-/

I mean, they were only $90 each WITH tax and delivery, what can you expect right?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: