Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-15-2002, 01:35 AM   #16
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Racing Stories....

Best Race: very nice sunny day last fall, me and my friend were driving beside each other; me in my old 325e with 410000Km on it and him in his nice E36 325i. I was just looking for a race sine i know he killed my other friend in his 2.7/2.5 head E30. Going north on Credithview we pull to a red light at Eglinton and looked at each other. As the light turns green we race; in 1st he was beside me, in 2nd i pulled away, 3rd i could see him in my mirror, in 4th we were doing 120Km/h and and had to slow down because of traffic....

Worst Race: few years ago when my car was stock, i got killed (twice the same night) by a friend in his mom's Regal....
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 05:15 AM   #17
Gamite

I guess I should post a racing story too. This was a while ago, car was totally stock, and my valves needed tightening. My friend and I were had our cars packed comming out of Pacific Mall, late at night (karaoke). He had a black 94 Civic (si?) its an auto.

Anyways, we roll out onto Steels and there's a modded white Integra, non type R. We pull up to the first stoplight, but unfortunately, there's an extra car on the far right lane of the 3 lane road. So I stayed behind my friend.

The light turns green and they take off, and I keep up behind them, as soon as that other car got outa the way, I pulled into the far right lane, and gunned it past the 2 jap cars. When we got to the next stop light, the guy in the integra gave me a thumbs up! The 3 of us raced light to light till we got to the highway, there was a crusier waiting for us, so we slowly went bumper to bumper past the cop at like 40km/h and took off on the highway.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 08:56 PM   #18
Dave325
1st Gear Newbie

Ok, just wanted to jump in here!
Me in my slushbox coming home from dinner, then it happens, this ahole in a Probe comes out of nowhere right on my ass. So, I pull into the right lane and he pulls along side of me, gives me a smirk and hits it. I decide to give it a shot and floor it. I must say, he pulled me early but as soon as we hit around 80 he had no chance. Is he a bad driver or is my car faster? It was a GT.
I've got:
Dinan stage 2 chip
Dinan exhaust
K&N cai
sway bar......
Dave325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 11:40 PM   #19
M10-Power
1st Gear Newbie

Well most will call this BS but it happened.

Ran across a '95 Yamaha YZR-600, he ended up behind me at a light and I could tell he wanted to go. So I gave it all I could off the line, when we cleared the car beside me he pulled out to pass. I hit 2nd gear hard and he made it so we were nose to nose when he stopped out accelerating me. I hit 3rd and started to leave him, when I shifted into 5th (130mph) he was about 8 car lengths behind me. I backed off and he caught up, pulled up beside me and gave my car a huge look and me a thumbs up.
I used to road race bikes and I know, they are fast off the line but roll on with an older 600 isnt that hot.
Interesting to note my turbo runs 5mph faster at the end of the staight away here in Calgary then my race bike did, but as for lap times I'm about 6 secs off in the car. Superbikes are another story with a top end of more then 45mph on me car and about 13 secs per lap.
Old 03-05-2002, 12:00 AM   #20
M10-Power
1st Gear Newbie

Personal Favourate one is

Had the wife, kid and big dog in the car. Stopped at a light which has two lanes with the right ending after 150 metres or so. Guy pulls up with a early 90's 911 Cabrio, with his buddy. I look over and rev it, he laughs at me, I smile. Light goes green and I pace him staying slightly ahead of him, he's giving it shit and Im not(close though). Into third I go and say wave bye-bye to my little girl(4 at the time) and she smiles and wave to them as I pull away. Hell that could be a credit card commercial, priceless.
Old 03-28-2002, 12:30 PM   #21
E30///M3
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via AIM to E30///M3
Re: Personal Favourate one is

Quote:
Originally posted by M10-Power
Had the wife, kid and big dog in the car. Stopped at a light which has two lanes with the right ending after 150 metres or so. Guy pulls up with a early 90's 911 Cabrio, with his buddy. I look over and rev it, he laughs at me, I smile. Light goes green and I pace him staying slightly ahead of him, he's giving it shit and Im not(close though). Into third I go and say wave bye-bye to my little girl(4 at the time) and she smiles and wave to them as I pull away. Hell that could be a credit card commercial, priceless.
Haha, that's the best one I've heard so far. The best part is your daughter waving. I can picture the expression on those guys' faces.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: