Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-26-2002, 08:27 AM   #1
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
My crash

well if you havnt heard i got into a little incedent the day before niagra with my cavalier... my wheels locked up or it seemed! it felt more like my tire popped and i slid like SO FAR!!! and i was braking so hard... i just kept going and going! anyways i turned and hit a curb, end result looked like only a popped tire... now that im driving i can see my steering wheel a bit to the left? what is this mean i need new alignment? im no mechanic nor do i know anything about cars really! but anyone can tell me what i need and what it will cost me? and any where i can go cheaper then canadian tire?
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 08:50 AM   #2
WASABI
OG

DO NOT GO TO CRAPPY TIRE !

They'll charge you like $1 000 000 for shitty work. They have like one certified mechanic and 20 apprentices.

Worst case scenario is that you may have a bent suspension component (tie rod end, control arm, etc.) or you might just need an alignment.

don't know any alignment shops out there in RM, sorry, but in mississauga, the International Automotive ...something, (check the yellow pages)

probly not much help ... huh?
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 09:36 AM   #3
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

One of the best allignment shops is Woodbridge Allignment. The owner name is Tony I think. They are not cheap but they know what they are doing.

SL

KIRASIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 11:10 AM   #4
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
****, i dont even know what an alignment does...
cars are such hassels... i dunno how im gonna afford a BMW...
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 05:09 PM   #5
Gamite

Active Green and Ross does it for around $50.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 06:47 PM   #6
SpikedLemon
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to SpikedLemon
And the other Cavy guy broke his car too?

You should be able to get an alignment anywhere, I didn't like the job Crappy tire did on my car - it felt slightly better but I know it wasn't done right.

Now the body shop is gonna fix it

- Rob.

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2.2 (Yellow)
2000 Honda CBR929RR (Yellow)
SpikedLemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 10:35 PM   #7
Foc us
4th Gear Member

Don't go to AMD auto ( at woodbine between HWY7 and 14th)either, they steal your belongings there. I've seen it in person when I was working part time there.
Foc us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 11:28 PM   #8
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Quote:
Originally posted by Foc us
Don't go to AMD auto ( at woodbine between HWY7 and 14th)either, they steal your belongings there. I've seen it in person when I was working part time there.
Yes, I agree. AMD is a very sneaky shop. They stole my BMW tool sets from my trunk and I'm postive they drove my car around for a joyride.

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, Stoptech pads, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.
Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: